Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Afraid of Mormons ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 03:38PM

Thank you, [|] whatever your name is, for giving me this link to the new "Come Follow Me" manual:

https://www.lds.org/study/manual/come-follow-me-for-individuals-and-families-new-testament-2019/title?lang=eng

The Mormon cult always has self-serving ulterior motives in everything it does! Because I have grandchildren trapped in the cult, and this TBM family lives in my house, I needed to know what was going to happen IN MY OWN HOME, if they implement some kind of study-at-home regimen. I wanted to know how the Mormon cult planned on enforcing this new rule.

Read this, from the manual, then read it again, between the lines:

"Because the home is the center of gospel learning, one of your objectives as a Primary teacher is to encourage learning at home. How can you help the children share with their families what they learned in class? How can you encourage children and their parents to continue to learn from the New Testament at home?"

Children are easily intimidated and shamed. They can be forced to do things more easily than stubborn adults. Mormons have always used children as weapons. For example, look closely at their concept of "The Forever Family." My children were taught in Primary that we would not be a forever family, unless their father and I went to the temple. The pressure was on! We parents became the "bad guys", and it was our fault. The Mormons threatened that if we didn't become a temple "forever family," my children would be alone in the hereafter, and that none of us would know each other, and we would "walk past each other as strangers." What a horrible threat, to little children!!! My kids had nightmares!

"How can you help the children share with their families what they learned in class? How can you encourage children and their parents to continue to learn from the New Testament at home?"

By threatening the children, that's how!

I predict that there will be contests among the kids, and probably some kind of charts, that will give the little ones rewards if their parents had a home study session. Children will be held accountable for the lessons, by having to memorize scriptures and recite them in front of the Primary. If they fail to memorize, humiliation will ensue! Parents will be forced to help the kids memorize and perform.

"The Family" is the Mormon cult's greatest weapon!

We all have been victims of these tactics before. One example is "The Proclamation on the Family." My son-in-law is a Mormon, and so is his entire family. His TBM mother gave him and my daughter a framed copy of "The Proclamation on the Family", and they had it hanging on the wall of their home. I thought, "How lovely. Family is important to all of us."

One day, I stopped to read it--really read it--carefully. My SIL was walking by, as I finished reading it. I looked him in the eye, and said, "You need to take this down." I never said one more word about it. The next time I passed by that wall, the proclamation was gone, never to be seen again. There is a lot about Mormonism that my SIL and daughter do not like.

Anyone with intelligence, experience, and common sense (my SIL and daughter are in that category) will soon understand what is REALLY going on, below the shiny euphemisms of the Mormon language.

The Mormon cult knows that the children's parents, the millenials in their late twenties to their late thirties, are the major group that is leaving in droves. They are also the money-makers and potential tithe payers on whom the church must feed, when the baby-boomers are gone. The Mormons have figured out that if they push Jesus and the New Testament, the savvy parents will accept that better than the Joseph Smith and Book of Mormon crap, which has been disproven. (Ah, but what will they teach NEXT year?) What better manipulative tool, than to use these lukewarm parents' dear children, to keep them all trapped in the evil cult, forever.

"Come Unto Me!" The Mormons are warning us!

That picture of Jesus with the little kids could easily be replaced by Nelson, or some generic bishop in a suit, in an office with a closed door.

But, you know me, I am convinced that the Mormon cult is evil.

What's your opinion? Am I being too extreme? Do you think this new program will succeed? Or, will it fail, like Family Home Evening did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: January 11, 2019 07:38PM

This quote from the first page says it all;

"The aim of all gospel learning and teaching is to deepen our conversion"

conversion:

1.the process of changing or causing something to change from one form to another - "the conversion of food into body tissues"

2.the fact of changing one's religion or beliefs or the action of persuading someone else to change theirs.

3.(in the context of marketing) the proportion of people viewing an advertisement and going on to buy the product.

And the winner IIiiisss..... Number 3 !!! (ding ding ding!!!)

Posted by: kilgravmaga ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 01:38AM

"conversion", didn't they already do that?

Oh wait, people are leaving in droves.

I am sure this new angle will work. /s

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 02:00AM

I think you're on to something, but I could also see this backfiring. Members might get tired of the constant expectation to do "homework" and just find something better to do on Sundays.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 10:42AM

Communists used children to help indoctrinate their parents. And when that failed, the children were used to rat them out.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 12, 2019 11:01AM

Mormon children = dead weight...
UNTIL (fake) indoctrinated/ brainwashed/ confused and ruined.

M@t

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 12:08AM

Guess who the younger one was? The 12-year-old boy that is my next door neighbor. He and I are good friends. I love the kids in that family and they mow my lawn and stuff like that. I always give them gifts, etc., and the kids and I get along great (I get along with the parents, too).

So how do you get to the resigned neighbors next door? Use the mormon neighbor boy who knows me well. I knew exactly what they were doing.

I left a note in the bishop's mailbox (the other side of my house) and said WE HAVE RESIGNED. Leave us alone. No more ministers coming to our house. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED. I will no longer answer the door on Sundays. I have my doorbell turned off anyway. It was just my little dogs were having a fit from someone knocking endlessly on my door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2019 12:08AM by cl2.

Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 01:53AM

Bravo! Hope they heed the request!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 09:03AM

I read a report over on r/exmo that the church was using someone's 11 year old child as a "minister." She didn't want to go, and her father supported her decision. So now it seems, they are using children to minister.

That is really terrible that they are bothering you, cl2. It's not right given that you have resigned.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 02:06AM

Or you could greet them with a 12-gauge...

Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 12:45PM

Back when we participated we always resented the fact that when our kids went in for their semi-annual interviews they were always asked if mom and dad were doing daily family prayer, scripture study etc. Of course, the answer in our house was no. It made the kids think something was not right with the parents and made the parents look like they were doing something wrong. Totally using the kids. For the last year or so before we bailed permanently, we would not allow the kids to go to these interviews.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 11:14PM

What a heavy burden for little children to bear! I wonder if the children will cave in from the stress, and end up silently hating the cult. Maybe the stronger kids will rebel, and refuse to rat out their parents. I hope the Mormons have gone too far this time.

--but I'm always hoping that. They Mormons just keep on pushing, a little harder, each time, gradually, so that the frogs won't know that the water is boiling.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 01:02PM

With each new generation, the mormon church is gradually being pushed further out of the lives of mormon families. Eventually the children of mormon lineage won't know what the mormon church (or whatever the hell it wants to call itself then) is about, and will simply have no part in it. By then, guys like Nelson will be saying "...but Jesus, Jesus, we're about Jesus...". And the people will be saying "..what about the church's horrific past and current bizarre docterines?". Then Nelson will say "we are a peculiar people, to which most people will say "take your peculiar asses somewhere else".

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 09:31PM

TSCC will take any baptisee they can get - and use/ "call" <spy> (on) them constantly, 'eternally', for its own tiring ends.

All the while it is torturing them about their family, and promising and/ or punishing them accordingly.

Parents will be punished according to their children's wishes. Not

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.