Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 12:54PM

...as required. (KSL is the church owned radio station for those who don't know or don't care.)

https://www.ksl.com/article/46466955/police-4-latter-day-saint-missionaries-held-at-gunpoint-robbed-in-west-jordan

And be sure to read the comments from all the TBMs. Not that I condone what happened by any means.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2019 12:54PM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 04:29PM

I actually find KSL's "Weather Center" to be one of the easiest to navigate and most reliable, and I'll occasionally look at what news stories are offered.

Here are two; Sadly, one of them notes the death of the daughter of LDS President Russell M. Nelson...

https://www.ksl.com/article/46467255/daughter-of-latter-day-saint-church-president-dies-after-battle-with-cancer

https://www.ksl.com/article/46466955/police-4-latter-day-saint-missionaries-held-at-gunpoint-robbed-in-west-jordan

Say it again, George...

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 25, 2019 11:52PM

like their lives depend on it. I guess if you keep them distracted straining at gnats, they won't think too much about swallowing the stinky camel that is the notion that some old guy named Nelson has any better knowledge of what God wants than the assistant manager at the 7-Eleven down the street.

The difference between "latter-day saint" and "Mormon" is a difference without a distinction.

Neither one has the name of Jesus in it (supposedly the whole reason for Nelson's antipathy toward the "Mormon" nickname).

Both are shorthand ways to refer to a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or as an adjective concerning something that is related to or derived from the religious movement started by Joseph Smith, who supposedly did what he did because Jesus told him to. Mormon is a term that is widely known in and outside of church circles and is therefore a better word to use for the purposes of general communications. Latter-day saint" while being pretentious, is less well-known outside of the church. That's about the only difference between the two terms.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 26, 2019 02:05AM

A Very astute observation! (Gnats)

I've thought that's a part of their strategy for a long time...

Posted by: sickofitall ( )
Date: January 26, 2019 02:39AM

Mormon, Mormon, Mormon, Mormon , Mormon.

If anyone is upset about me saying Mormon, Please, PleaZZZ feel free to call your therapist & send the bill to the Mormon Church !!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.