Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 14, 2019 10:00AM

Let me know when they start tracking hate crimes *committed* by LDS Inc.
They're about 190 years behind on starting that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 14, 2019 10:18AM

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 14, 2019 12:06PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me know when they start tracking hate crimes
> *committed* by LDS Inc.
> They're about 190 years behind on starting that.

Let's see. Some of the biggest transportation disasters in the US have been the result of Brigham Young sect of Mormonism. You had the Willie and Martin handcart disaster and you had the Mountain Meadows massacre.

The church leaders never faced any criminal charges for either. The Willie/Martin handcart fiasco was the result of trying to get as many converts to Utah as cheaply as possible. Why? Brigham Young wanted as many church members as possible so nobody could run them out. He ran his theocracy like a dictator.

The Mountain Meadows massacre shows how capable of violence and the sick thinking of the Utah Mormons. Plenty of people could have blown the whistle on it but none did. Emma Smith later in her life said she was convinced the church ran into trouble because the members used violence to try and get their way. It's why the reorganized LDS Church had a "peace" motto and wasn't running militia's around and the prophet wasn't dressed in a general uniform.

Sadly the Utah church still survives. It's become a corporation and runs like one but still is a meddling cult. We will see where it goes.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: January 14, 2019 12:11PM

How cute. The Mormons are latching on to the real life issue of religious bias escalating to criminal activity by claiming that someone stealing a TV or spray paining naughty words on a wall is the same as actual physical violence.

Not only that but just a quick glance at real statistics and I've learned that Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity make up the top four motivational categories for hate crimes. Being on the wrong side of three out of four categories and probably a fourth category as well since Mormonism hates all other religions makes the whole article laughably disingenuous.

Oh and I hate all of the crimes that the Mormons cover-up. And since, anecdotally, most of their cover-ups are either domestic/physical/sexual abuse and affinity crimes I hate them even more.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.