Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 12:18PM

I wonder how long before some TBM uses this to justify "no hot drinks" because hot chocolate isn't as effective. In the meantime, I'll be using it to justify eating more chocolate. lol

"After analyzing the results, they found that patients on the chocolate-based medication reported a “significant improvement” in their symptoms within two days, compared to those on the regular cough syrup."

"The authors recommend sucking on a piece of chocolate to help alleviate cough symptoms. Hot chocolate may not be as effective, because it doesn’t come in contact with the throat long enough."

https://www.ajc.com/news/world/chocolate-better-cough-suppressant-than-medicine-study-says/zVm2Wr0OvQOdaca9zSwYwJ/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2019 12:19PM by eternal1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 12:26PM

Now that you mention it, no!

Not really.

Am sending a care package off to one of my children stuffed with chocolates (a late Christmas.) Now I feel a little more vindicated.

:)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 12:53PM

No.

But I purchased - and finished - a 5 oz. Tony's Chocolonely Sea Salt & Caramel bar in a night and a day... No excuse! Dang good

I need a reason to get more chocolate soon, just to eat... and stave off this sore throat. If not enough reasons for chocolate!

M@t

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 01:26PM

Not to mention chocolate will have far fewer side effects. No codeine hangover.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 01:35PM

I don't need any reason to eat chocolate (or to enjoy my red wine)! But thanks for the information.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 03:07PM

I just conducted an experiment to test this, using myself as a guinea pig. I consumed a large Hershey bar. I waited five minutes. I did not cough. IT WORKS!!!

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 08:59PM

Well that sounds pretty scientific, it must be twooo. My throat might feel a little scratchy and I see some Lindor chocolates on the counter, I best get the cure. :)

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 05:01PM

I found 'See's Candies' to be the most effective...

I didn't have a cough though.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 05:03PM

I need no "REASON!" to eat chocolate. I just do it because I like it!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 09:05PM

Chocolate cures a whole slew of ailments.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 02:10AM

Normally, the only time I have chocolate in my house is Halloween. I buy a bag of those cute little "fun-sized" bars that you give a handful of to each kid at the door.

I try to have as little left over as possible to tempt my diabetic DH, who CANNOT stay away from them.

I feel so mean, saying NO to pie, NO to cake, NO to a big tub of ice cream. . .I am of normal weight, and would love a have a nibble of these treats once in a while, but don't dare have them in the house. He goes at them like a vacuum cleaner, and his sugar level are 250 - 350 within hours. Thank you very much, I do NOT want to become a sugar-widow.

I can eat it in moderation. DH, well, cannot. So I must be careful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.