Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pizzaface ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 11:18PM

I have now just realized that my great grandfather left South Carolina and joined the Mormon Church from his Black Creek Baptist beginnings. Well big deal you say but I also learned that he left his wife and 2 sons and moved to Utah where he married 3 women! One of those women were my great grandma. The other two... no record of kids or anything because it was illegal! WTF? My parents never told me about this shit as I was growing up in this dismal environment!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 06:11AM

There's a fine line between polygamy and bigamy.

At least you know who your great grandmother was.

What a rascal though, right?! Begs the question what he was thinking to uproot his life and leave his first family to take up Mormonism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2019 06:13AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 06:23AM

My gggrandfather did similar except he wasn't mormon and wasn't in Utah. Polygamy/adultery/philandering it's all the same. It's all embarrassing.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 12:18PM

Secrecy = embarrassment - lies and fabrication.

They don't tell people because of the illegality of ("past") LDS teachings/ beliefs/ practices, etc.

So much for "family" 'history'.

M@t

P.S. LDS beginnings began with the "Three Little Pimps", and 'The Carrot and the Stick'. The promises of FREE and available beautiful young women was the carrot the thoughtless and careless big sticks promised.

Promised (their and other's) girls/ women/ children's "hand", chastity, bodies, basically, for "eternity", for *joining* "the church".

Buy Our Bible - and bomb (book of moronI bs) - and get a free gal or wife, or two-too (few).

One reason I might call it TSC (The Sickening 'Church').

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2019 12:35PM by moremany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.