Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pizzaface ( )
Date: January 17, 2019 11:27PM

I swear with all the DNA testing going on my grandma is a mormon lying sack of shit. My mom doesn't look like any of her 11 siblings. Grandma already admitted to sleeping around back in the 50's... is the Mormon church a sex cult? My mom honestly looks nothing like her Dutch descendant siblings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mom anon ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 02:57AM

I have a twin, and we don't even look like relatives.

Only two of my five children resemble each other. And those two have different dads.

But, basically, pizzaface, does it matter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2019 03:00AM by mom anon.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 06:18AM

Has your mom and her siblings had their DNA tested? That would be the surest way to determine whether they are full siblings or not.

Otherwise by guessing it's conjecture.

My siblings and I didn't look related when we were kids. So much so strangers would stop and ask my mom if we were all adopted. My youngest sibling tied us altogether finally because his complexion matched the oldest sibling's complexion.

We were a mix of redheads, blondes, and me the only brunette.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 06:26AM

Is she black-dutch? What are her characteristics?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 07:17AM

You can't always go by appearance. Sometimes kids are throwbacks to the appearance to say, a grandaunt or granduncle. It doesn't always go in a straight line. Among my mom's brothers and sisters, there was everything from pale Arctic blonde to dark and swarthy looking.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 08:42AM

in many ways really don't look like each other at all. People don't even realize they have a twin. Kids in school didn't know they had a twin. My son has brown hair, my daughter blonde. They are the same height. That's it.

My oldest brother doesn't look like the other brothers. Actually, none of them really look much like each other, but my youngest brother looks exactly like my dad.

My sisters and I--damn--look a lot alike. My oldest sister and I were always mixed up with people thinking we were the other. I hated it and still do. I wanted to be nothing like her, but there I was 17 months younger and getting called her name all the time. My daughter's wedding is next weekend and my sister will be there (in the temple). I'm sure all the ward/neighborhood members will know it is my sister or THINK it is me. I didn't think I looked anything like my mother, but now that I'm older, I do. People always tell me that and I can see it. I'm glad.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 12:03PM

My husband, born in 1945, is the oldest of 5 kids. His mom was Polish, his dad was French Canadian. His siblings all take after either mom or dad. My husband looks asian.

As the kids got older, he and they would ask why he looked so different from the rest. His mom was adamant that they all had the same dad, and that was as far as it went. Once he was an adult she had to admit that wasn't the truth. When we were getting married, but he had no birth certificate, and couldn't get one from the government. Turns out he was born before his mom met his dad (step dad, really) and was registered under a different last name. She still fudged things a little bit and claimed his dad was an Italian man. She told him she didn't want him to feel that he wasn't part of the family, or his dad's son. The wrong decision, but maybe for the right reasons, at the time, anyway. Having the info he needed, he went through a legal name change to the one he'd used all his life and got a birth certificate.

Years later he participated in a DNA study through the National Geographic Society, and his ancestry results pointed to an Asian origin, likely in China. I think this was a less specific kind of test than the ones offered through Ancestry and 23 and me these days. By this point his dad had died, and his mom wasn't really able to answer any questions about it. SHe's now gone as well.

Anyway, it fits in well with what we know about his mom's life when he was born. She worked as a server in a Chinese restaurant, and more than once mentioned the owner's "good looking son". :-) A year ago,my daughter spent some time in the community where he was born and did some research. She found a family that we think he might be connected to, and she was in contact with a young woman from the family. Both girls were excited about the possible connection, but the other girl's mom didn't want to pursue it at all. Fair enough, we don't want to disrupt anyone else's life, so we have let it go.

Going back to the OP, I don't think it is surprising or unusual that someone who had children out of wedlock or not by their own spouse would go out of their way to hide it. That was the norm back then, so your grandmother may well have been keeping this secret for a long time.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 06:55PM

pizzaface,

It's not just you. Women have been lying about paternity and to cuckolds since before Mary tried it- often getting away with it.

My sister lied about the father of one of her kids. She was unmarried and needed to make the best of the situation.

I forgot the percentage of how many women lie, but it is significant- like maybe 1 in 10. If this is true, it makes doing genealogy following the maternal line laughable.

edited to correct OP's name.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 08:19PM

pizzaface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... is the Mormon church a sex cult?

Joseph Smith was a SC leader.
He wanted people to follow him.
Some did. Unfortunately.

Mormons are liars/ Mormonism lies. People have sex when they are horny/ in love/ alive. They have babies. They are not always theirs. People have problems. Many don't even know where they come from. Some don't (come from anywhere). Hope this helps. Figured it couldn't hurt.

M@t

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 08:28PM

When I was well into adulthood, my Mom [finally!] told me I am the biological daughter of her brother-in-law, not the father who raised me.

My reaction was mostly: Thank God I still have the same paternal grandparents!

I imagine I am in a minority within American society which is very probably not nearly as small as most people would assume.

Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: February 02, 2019 03:25AM

https://youtu.be/uCo4Y721IYg

Understanding how we moved from virtue to vice in less than a lifetime can serve to make us feel less suspicious.

Sin began in the early 1950's. Ask anyone over 60.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 02, 2019 04:05AM

Mormon Nomore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sin began in the early 1950's. Ask anyone over 60.

Seems to me that you are forgetting WWII.

If "sin" "began" in the twentieth century, then it probably began right around December 7, 1941 (in the USA).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2019 04:19AM by Tevai.

Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: February 02, 2019 08:48AM

WWII began after Japan had had enough of American bullying. Any nation that wouldn't plan a surprise attack after having its fuel lanes destroyed needs to study David Koresh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.