Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 05, 2019 01:07PM

What a struggle it has been to support my daughter. Not to mention the fact that my other two are meeting with bishies and stake prezzies to get their missions going.

Ugh!

It is a landslide of missionaries. We will have 3 on missions this year. What a year.

Anyway, thanks for all your good advice from when my eldest was just leaving and sending their faith promotional stuff. It has been hard to read. I have followed some of your advice and sent all these supportive emails about what is going on here and with the other kids.

Quick digression. My other child is actually going to be in my eldest's mission on a helping people trip. If my eldest's president doesn't let my kids meet I'll be pissed. I mean really pissed. I might need some support if that happens.

Well, thanks for suffering through that. Here is the funny.

My daughter is teaching English as a part of her work there and was struggling to help people with their pronunciations.

She sent us a picture of her with her hand under these words written on a whiteboard.

ropa de cama = sheets => shits

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: February 05, 2019 01:21PM

"If my eldest's president doesn't let my kids meet..."

In what world do two adults need permission from someone else to meet up and exchange a greeting. This shouldn't even be a request.

If this is really a voluntary organization then permission is not needed. Can you imagine a volunteer at the local soup kitchen asking the volunteer coordinator if it is ok for their sibling to visit them? Nope.

If this is an employment relationship then permission is not needed. Can you imagine asking your supervisor at work if it is ok for your sibling to visit you? Nope.

If this is a religious organization then permission is not needed. Can you imagine asking your priest or pastor if it is ok for your sibling to visit you? Nope.

The mission president only has the power and authority that your kid allows him to have. Don't ask permission. Take a page out of Spencer Kimballs book...Just do it.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 05, 2019 01:34PM

Many decades ago, my friend just returned from overseas, took his brother from the MTC for a day.

Of course the church seemed more humane then.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.