Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lego ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:36PM

What is the deal with this meeting on the 10th? Why is he coming to Glendale of all places? Seems weird to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:38PM

Nice place for a winter vacation away from Northern Utah.

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:41PM

It is absolutely flippin' freezing here - below zero last night. I'm a winter person, but even I am OVER it.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 02:43PM

Wendy and little Rusty are on a whirlwind tour. God wants him out and about to get the tithing flowing again.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 11:01AM

I heard Wendy originally wanted to call their tour the Rainbow Tour like Evita called hers but was counseled to drop the Rainbow by Oaks and Bednar, cuz, well . . . duh! Have to "avoid even the appearance of evil."

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 08, 2019 09:09PM

I keep wondering when he and Wendy will visit her home town. That would be a zoo!

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 12:33AM

I'll bite, where is Wendy's home town?

Remember, tithing revenue & PR always are neck-and-neck with ChurchCo...

Date: February 09, 2019 01:10AM

Raymond, Alberta...but he may have already been there. I don't follow church news.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 10:56AM

They were in Raymond last June 10. Wendy's friends and their families were allowed in the chapel while all other saints had to watch the proceedings via video feed in other chapels.

Date: February 09, 2019 04:33PM

Yeah I heard something about that. Memory is a bit foggy...I bet the seething masses were secretly pissed they weren't allowed to smoosh in the chapel.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 11:23AM

Glendale is a good choice because if was in Mesa or Gibert more TBMs would want to go and traffic would be horrible.
They should have reserved seats for the highest tithing payers.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 01:49PM

It looks like Deseret News writer and LD$ Inc lapdog Boyd Matheson thinks the crowd will rival the super bowl. Sounds more like a recruiting pitch to get the faithful to say, "I was there."

http://ktar.com/story/2429430/crowd-sunday-at-state-farm-stadium-could-rival-super-bowl/

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 04:58PM

I could see some TBMs wanting to take their kids to see "a living profit". Well, that would be worth something if Nelson did more profit $hit. I doubt many of the adults want to put up with the travel time and traffic.
I get the impression that a lot of TBMs feel they need to do things for their kids. The irony is that they are actively making things worse for their kids by taking them to events like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2019 04:59PM by chipace.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: February 09, 2019 08:05PM

The crowd is so large that it will not be a really great "lets get to know Russ on a personal basis." I think Russ and especially Wendy are doing these tours to build up their egos. To have that many people looking at you and listening to every word you say. I had higher expectations about Russ but have since lowered them since he came to Edmonton last July.

This is all about Russ and WEndy and not the Church, the gospel or what Jesus would do. I can't help but think Wendy is the energy behind what we are seeing Russ doing. Jesus would not rent a stadium would He?

Does anyone know or have any info about the other 14 top guys. Are they happy with what they are seeing?

When I see MTC closing down, wards being changed, etc. it makes me wonder. I get two messages. Russ makes the Church look like it's booming but online it seems the Church is not growing.

As an aside I had a date last night with an attactive LDS single sister my age. We went to a real classy place. It was very awkward trying to talk about anything but Church. So on the way home we talked about the Come Follow Me Program. Well this date just lite up like a candle praising how good it was, etc. and how she has so much more time for personal study. Until... I asked her who are you sharing all this new found information with? Well you know the answer, she admitted "no one." I asked her how is that helpful and she said the Come Follow Me builds up testimony for the tough times ahead. I wanted to say "did you see the 1000 people or so at the event we attended. Did they look like they were sinning or worried about life." Well you get the point. I wanted to talk about what we saw and went too. And what cost me big bucks for tickets, etc. but the only excitement was the gospel stuff. So I guess Russ is doing a great job isolating people as they study.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 10, 2019 12:43PM

I think he’s right to tour. Give the people what they want, as they say. The top guys should practically live on the road. They need a tour bus and roadies. Try not to imagine the groupie babes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.