Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 11:44PM

Her DH has been my DH's HT or whatever they call them now, just about forever.

This lady is brilliant, and we have known each other for ages. Our kids grew up together. She knows I left the church years ago, and we are totally past that. She is kind enough to come and pick me up, since I don't do very well driving any more. We have a favorite soup and salad place that we both enjoy.

We talk about books, movies, whatever else may be going on in the world, and of course, grandchildren. I'm looking forward to seeing her. She is probably the only active Mormon in the world whose company I genuinely enjoy. (DH is inactive; that's why I made the distinction.)

So many of my friends have passed on. If one of my remaining friends is a Mormon, I'm not going to fuss about that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 06:22AM

Sounds lovely. Enjoy, catnip.

Good friends are priceless.

My best friend is aptly named Joy. Every moment in her company is total joy for me. Unfortunately, she lives up country and our visits are few now. I hope to visit this spring though. I yearn to see her. So lucky to have met her when we worked in the same medical clinic. When enjoying a meal with her you never want it to end. And she makes the best tea, in a gigantic Brown Betty teapot.

She attends Baptist meetings. I don't hold that against her. She's gentle and non-preachy. If I'm there on a Sunday I'll go with them to church. If they were Mormon, I think I'd have to take a pass though.

Again, enjoy, catnip!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2019 07:25AM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 07:52AM

How nice. Real friendship is something to treasure. To be able to see past differences is what makes the best ones last.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 14, 2019 02:03PM

Your friend sounds like a lovely lady.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 14, 2019 02:33PM

Cheryl! I was just thinking about you this a.m. and hoping all was well. I was going to go back and find Jerry's thread and say a relative had hip replacement and has done fabulously well following it. Of course, a planned, calm surgery is a lot different from repair of a fracture following a traumatic incident. I wince whenever I think of the mechanism of your injury. Yow.

Nice to see you!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 14, 2019 02:53PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.