Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 08:06AM

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingindisbelief/2019/02/mississippi-passes-anti-richard-dawkins-law/

Mississippi officially made talking about Richard Dawkins, the famed atheist and biologist, to minors illegal. Bill A.C.A. 5-71-226, otherwise known as the Anti-Youth Subversion Act, passed both houses of the legislature by an overwhelming margin. It was signed into law by Governor Andrew Canard. Governor Canard praised the bill, and stated that he hoped that it would serve as an example for other states to emulate:

"Today we struck a blow for religious freedom in the great state of Mississippi. For too long our children have been unprotected against the nefarious teachings of Richard Dawkins. I have personally talked to many concerned parents who said that they were horrified when their children told them that God was a delusion or that human beings are simply carbon-based robots who took orders from the D-N-A. This law puts the end of that nonsense now. Let’s pray that Mississippi will be a beacon of hope for the rest of our Christian nation."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2019 08:08AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 10:29AM

Many in the country don't know what freedom (from religion, fanatics, lies and fools) [of religion, thought, movement, speech, etc.] is - and probably never will... without practice.

Most Of The Time, NOT Opening The Mind Hurts (the mindless, and their associates).

People are afraid of what they don't know, and some don't know much. This scares them (and laws that match their fears are the result) so they try to scare others with ignorance, idolatry and absence of dialogue.

I hope people wake up... or I'm going back to sleep. Am I dreaming?

Date: February 13, 2019 10:37AM

Some people don't know the governor of Mississippi is Phil Bryant, or even fact check before sharing [Like D.T, Jr., in sharing his papa's preponderous posts about crowd numbers, or anything for that matter]. This is not true. 'Fake News'?

Who's ever heard of satire?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2019 10:48AM by moremany.

Date: February 13, 2019 10:47AM

... I have personally talked to many concerned parents who said that they were happy when their children told them that MORMONISM was a delusion or that human beings are simply carbon-based robots who took orders from the D-N-A (Department of National Authority). This law puts the end of that nonsense now. Let’s pray that Mormons will be a beacon of hope for the rest of our Christian nation."

Just read the comments (on that site) or nothing at all.

Posted by: fluhist not logged in ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 10:56AM

It is amazing to me that intelligent often well educated people can honestly think that censorship such as this is good for people. In fact I think the opposite is true, the more you forbid, the more people want to know what all the fuss is about.

So Richard Dawkins had some 'different' ideas, he is not the first and will not be the last. His ideas, at least to this tiny brained individual, are at least worth a look and some thought. The opinion of one man alone cannot change what another individual thinks, his/her ideas can only be added to by the process of reading, watching and thinking about any point or subject.

It is only in such individuals as J. Smith and B. Young, that we see infantile devotion because they say they speak to God on the people's behalf. To my knowledge Richard Dawkins and many like him make no such claim. I will give you 1 guess as to who I think is the most dangerous. Do I think their books and writings should be banned. NO!! Lets read and study them, they will condemn themselves that way!

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 11:56AM

I live in Mississippi and just making sure everyone reading this knows it is only humor and satire. This is not real.

Thanks everyone, our state is bashed enough already without humor being mistaken for a real news story.. :)

Date: February 13, 2019 12:31PM

Hi Mel,

We probably don't know each other, but maybe some folks in general, but wonder anyway if we've ever crossed paths. I'm froMs. South. The Hub City in fact: where it's at! There PT now. Are you in this area by chance?

I grew up LDS, left as a teen, returned to the South, and attended a short while some 6-8 years ago, and resigned (after finding RFM/ the truth).

I'd be curious to hear more of your experiences in joining, the local folks, and then exiting, and moving forward through it all, and if we know anyone in common.

We can share numbers and letters if you like. Mine might be visible or the mods might-can facilitate an exchange.

Long live Beautiful, friendly, warm southern Mississippi.

M@t

Date: February 13, 2019 03:53PM

moremany Wrote:
>
> We can share numbers and letters if you like. Mine might be visible or the mods might-can facilitate an exchange.
>
Hi M@t,

CZ says for you to email him with your email address. concrete.zipper at g m a i l

Then he will share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2019 04:57PM by mel.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: February 14, 2019 03:27PM

God. I was transferred to Jackson for 10 years. Lived in Madison by the rez. Spent many, many days up the Pearl skiing and boarding. Got transferred to SoCal. Then to SLC. I thought Mississippi was a backwards, over zealous religious State. Then I moved here. Mississippi doesn't come close to the title of having the most religious, backward bigots in the US.

Date: February 14, 2019 11:57AM

moremany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine might be visible

I don't know where to look to see email addresses....

Date: February 14, 2019 06:19PM

Yeah, you can actually set them (in settings/ control panel?) to be visible if you want. Mine currently isn't, but I emailed CZ.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.