Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 11:36AM

I listen to the local non-profit radio station here in SLC and they feature and play quite a lot of local artists.

A couple of weeks ago, I heard one of the announcers talking about a new band named "Ritt Momney". I went to their website and that's the way they've spelled it. I've heard a couple of songs, kind of generic rock music.

As much non-interest or respect I have for the Real Mitt, I think it's kind of tacky to use that name.

Can't decide if it's just being humorous or is it mean to be disrepectful.

Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 11:41AM

I hope the kids in the band are thinking it's both, and I'm okay with that. Unless it is a sign of their lack of respect, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 11:51AM

A few days ago, TMZ interviewed Mitt Romney coming out of a Brooks Brothers clothing store.

They asked him why he shopped there. He couldn't think of an answer. Fumbled around for a response and finally got out: you gotta buy shirts, and they make good ones.

I don't think it got posted online but it was hilarious how he couldn't just say that he liked the store. It felt like his mom had told him to shop there and he'd never even thought about why he went there.

This post made me think about it, sorry if this was o/t!

Date: February 13, 2019 12:19PM

I don't own many dress shirts and I bought a new one just before Christmas. From Target. That's my idea of shopping, although I have bought clothes at WalMart.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 04:01PM

Salt Lake City doesn't have a Duluth Trading Company store, and he didn't have time to fly to Colorado.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 11:54AM

how horrible to be linked with that Phony POS in any way!

the only linkage to POS Mitt Romney that I want is ....NOTHING!!!

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 13, 2019 12:02PM

smirkorama Wrote:

> the only linkage to POS Mitt Romney that I want is....NOTHING!!!

Yes, the store was probably unhappy he was interviewed coming out of there with their shopping bag.....

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 11:36AM

I love KRCL (SLC) 90.9 fm. First started listening in the late 80s. Still avidly listen (to that, and other, stations).

I've heard of them (humor, it seems), but they aren't high enough on my radar to make much as a blip.

A project of Jack Rutter, Ritt Momney began as somewhat of an indie rock band, comprised of Rutter and five of his high school friends (Max Metos, Hank Thompson, Christopher Kearl, Zach Olson, and Lindsay Lloyd) in Salt Lake City, Utah. After graduating high school in 2017, college and other life plans took all but Rutter out of SLC, causing about a year-long hiatus. In March 2018, Rutter decided to recommence Ritt Momney by recording songs in his bedroom, the first of which was “Something, In General.”
The live band, now comprising of Rutter (lead vocals, guitar, keys), Metos (drums), Noah Hamula (guitar), Auden Winchester (keys), and Jonas Torgerson (bass).

About crazy band names. I will mention a few, and link to others.

How about Let's Eat Grandma (I hope there is a comma after eat)? There are thousands of others I can't think of right now. A few others I heard of last night: Rainbow Kitten Surprise and The Happiness Project.

How about Squirl Nut Zippers, or ...

Top 50 Worst Band Names Ever-

https://louderthanwar.com/top-50-worst-band-names-ever-or-most-outrageous-or-just-plain-stupid/ (language!)

Worst Band Names Ever-

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/worst-band-names-ever

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 12:15PM

There used to be a Salt Lake band named "Plague Of Locusts" who challenged MoTabChoir to a battle of the bands. The invitation was declined.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 12:29PM

how about:

the Kolobians?

Mahonri Moriancumer

Celestial Beings

Three Nephites With a Drummer & a female vocalist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 01:33PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 03:55PM

There used to be a jazz ensemble in Logan, UT, named "Mormons with Horns"

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 08:26PM

at BYU in 1970 there was a band called "Vomit and the Big Chunks" who actually played in the Wilkinson Center.

Two other bands with tags to Mormonism: Fanny Alger and Better Than Ezra. I'm too lazy to google and see if they're still around.

Date: February 17, 2019 09:21PM

In my brief stay at BYU in 1968-69, I was in a class with a girl who told me about a band she was in, as a vocalist and they were performing the next weekend. Can't remember if I went or not.

Name of the band: Gadianton Robbers. I don't think they were able to use it very long.

Date: February 17, 2019 09:16PM

The most fun we ever had in those days (with most of our clothes on), in Prove, legally or illegally, was at a ($1-$2) Swim Herschel Swim show.

Anyone else?

How about Irie Heights (in SLC)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 09:18PM by moremany.

Date: February 19, 2019 07:42PM

Pu$$y Riot puts on a show, you know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.