Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 12:47PM

I credit it Wally Prince for many of these... there has to be so many more PLEASE ADD to this list of Changes to the TSCC.

Who knew that caffeine was never a problem but more about the temperature of your drink

Who knew that women who passed away didn't have to wear a veil in their casket

Who knew that the pageants were not a wonderful program instituted by God to inspire the people?

Who knew that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir had been insulting Jesus with their name for the entirety of their existence as a choir?

Who knew that the policy of not allowing missionaries to communicate frequently with the folks back home was never really necessary for anything?

Who knew that President Monson had been mocking our Savior Jesus Christ when he sang the "I'm a Mormon boy" ditty in General Conference?

Who knew the Irony of mega true believing Mormons being excited about 2 hr Church, you would think they would feel sad the one true church is mainstreaming.

Who knew the temple ceremony would be shorted to nearly an hour by the one inspired God

Who knew that god would inspire his corporation to be a "Corporate Sole " entity owned by one individual?

Who knew That a large and spacious building would be build by LDS and cross a river (city creek) and spend $5 billion dolars to be built by the Lords Church and gaze down from open windows across to temple square.
Who knew that cannabis can work faster than a priesthood blessing yet the LDS oppose it.

Who knew that the LDS would embrace the LBGT community as of late to retain their tax exempt status.

please add the obvious to this list

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 12:49PM

Who knew that the millions of descendants of Father Lehi in the Americas would turn up missing?

Who knew that the most correct book on earth would need close to 5000 corrections?

Who knew that the teaching that "As man is, God once was; as God is, man may become" would turn out to be something that the prophet said the church doesn't teach?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 12:53PM by bezoar.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 01:47PM

“Who knew that caffeine was never a problem but more about the temperature of your drink.”

And yet, somehow iced tea remains a “hot drink.”

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 08:33PM

And hot cocoa is NOT a "hot drink?"

I can remember when the bishop at the time invited me and my young son to the mountains for inner-tubing in the snow, and his wife had thoughtfully brought along any number of thermoses of steaming hot cocoa. Perfect seasoning for a wonderful day.

It never occurred to me that this was a contradiction. And I must state for the record that that particular bishop is the only one I have known over the years for whom I still have respect. He is a man of absolute integrity.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 01:51PM

Who knew health care could be so complicated.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 02:19PM

Who knew that excluding black males from holding the priesthood/attending the temple had nothing to do with the color of their skin or revelation from God but everything to do with the racist views of Mormon "prophets."

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 03:13PM

Who knew that even though you can plainly read church doctrine in the inspired scriptures revealed by Joseph Smith that it doesn't say what you read.

The book of Abraham still reads "Pharoh was of that lineage (Ham) that is denied the Priesthood" yet this was never scripture?

D&C 132 "they become gods because they have no end of incease" plus the list of prophets that attained godhood but it was never doctrine that we can become gods?

Maybe they need to either rewrite their scriptures or spend a little while studying them.

?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 04:23PM

Who knew that the 'best two years' (Mormon mission) would lead to a near lifetime of intermittent nightmares of going on a 2nd mission?

Posted by: darla ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 09:00PM

who knew my inactive alcoholic husband would divorce me 9for going to the temple on the advice of my bishop) then go marry another drunk, sober them both up and go get sealed while after giving 3 decades of my life to the church and finally leaving,,,,,THEY GO TO THE CK AND I DON'T!!! we will see how well that works out for them

that should have been my first clue this s__t doesn't work

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 10:28PM

Who knew there would be further evidence of yet undiscovered Nephite metal coins described in the Book of Alma?

Newly discovered Mormon archeological evidence verifies the existence of other types of Nephite coinage:
(1) A yoni of gold = 1 day's wages
(2) 144 Ontis of silver = 200 Olys of iron *
(3) A Senine of gold and Silver = 202 Senines of Silver
(4) A Heh-ku-kau-beam of Iron = a measure of Shiblons.

Cohen's Coins, Alexandria, Virginia.

So now we know! Show us the money!

Posted by: Ldsbull ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 10:33PM

Who knew that as a young man of 19 i I would look over at my dear father for confirmation as was dressed up like a cult clown took suicide oaths in the temple that he would pass away thinking that bulsh*t is true.

Posted by: Gone4good4ever ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 12:22AM

Who knew putting us online with family search and lesson preparation help online would lead us to the truth and we would really get CULTivated....kind of backfired on them....that "don't read anti_Mormon literature" didn't work out too well for the cult either

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 12:46AM

Who knew that the Prophets of God would be so uninspired that they would convince more than three generations of Mormons to waste millions of dollars and millions of tons of food in order to be prepared for large calamities that were ultimately never to occur during the lifetimes of anyone involved in the giving or receiving of such "prophetic counsel"?

Date: February 18, 2019 01:02AM

Who knew... That a prophet of God used tithe payer money to purchase a bomb resistant bullet proof Audi A8 security special from the Israelis for $800-900k.
Google it, Mondon Audi A8 site wont let me post link

Date: February 18, 2019 01:04AM

I meant ...Monson Audi A8

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 01:11AM

that absolute control is always better than formal ownership?

Owners can be taxed on their property while not even being able to control the use of their property.

Controllers can use property however they want, while claiming to have no personal responsibility for any liabilities associated with such property.

"Hey, it's the corporation's Rolls Royce. I'm just using it today."

"Hey, it's not President Hinckley's private jet. It's just been made available to him by a very wealthy Mormon as a token of respect and adoration."

"Hey, as trustee of the trust, it was my obligation to make sure that the trustee would feel appreciated and respected. Hiring the private jet to fly the trustee to the seminar for trustees in Tahiti was a good move for the trust. Otherwise, the trustee may have quit and then the trust would be without a trustee."

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 01:49AM

Who knew that if you want to keep the Commandments God will still gives you credit even though you fail?
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “Tomorrow The Lord Will Do Wonders Among You,” General Conference, April 2016, Sunday afternoon session
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/tomorrow-the-lord-will-do-wonders-among-you?lang=eng

Who knew that it would take the Mormon Jesus 180 years to wake up from his slumber and realize that he was all offended by the terms Mormon, Mormonism, Mormon Church and LDS?

Who knew that the Church was not actually restored but there is more to come so you should “take your vitamins?”

Who knew that Russell M. Nelson is the first “Super Prophet” who is better than all previous lower level prophets including Joseph Smith because they all used the terms Mormon, Mormonism and Mormon Church, and some even used the term LDS?

Who knew that the majority of current Mormon doctrines are not found in the Book of Mormon?

Who knew that God is Jesus in the 1830 Book of Mormon and still is in current editions?

Who knew that God commands and approves of lying, Pearl of Great Price, Book of Abraham 2:22-25.

Who knew that the temporal body of Jesus Christ was fathered by means of a sexual union between God the Father and His own spirit daughter Mary; an incestuous relationship and Jesus and His mother Mary were brother and sister?

Who knew that the Sacrament must be taken with the right hand and not the left (according to Elder Dallin H. Oaks) although there is no scripture stating that to be the case?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqPEKy2FpE

Who knew that Apostle Dallin H. Oaks, second in command and future President of the Church, could not repeat the baptismal prayer correctly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqPEKy2FpE

Who knew that even though the Book of Abraham does not say what the Egyptian papyri say, Mormons should believe the book anyway because Joseph Smith translated by inspiration from God what the papyri should have said not what they actually said?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 12:09PM

Who knew God doesn't know what to do about transsexual people?

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 09:28PM

(anono this week)
who knew that the church would start selling off it's 500,000 acre ranch in Florida and one in Brazil to invest in some secret that no one knows about (missappropriation of funds anyone?)

Posted by: GONE4GOOD4EVER ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 11:31PM

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/jan/30/from-book-to-boom-how-the-mormons-plan-a-city-for-500000-in-florida

above is the link to the ranch that will be housing a lot of people. does this mean jesus is not coming after all considering?:

Now there are ambitious, far-reaching plans to transform much of this land into an entirely new “city”, home to as many as 500,000 people by 2080. Deseret has said that while nothing will be built here for decades, its plans are necessary because urban growth in the area is inevitable and the alternative is “piecemeal development”. A slide from a 2014 presentation explains: “We think in terms of generations.”

Posted by: Gone4good ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 02:29AM

They are going to build housing so I don't think Jesus is coming soon

Posted by: darla ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 03:30PM

oh happy day!! no more long term food storage (although it's always a good idea to have some) since he won't be here anytime soon.

why haven't the profits given different instructions considering they are building housing therefore they must know the second coming has been delayed for decades at least. NOBODY COMING EVER

Posted by: Guy3 ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 10:40PM

Who knew that getting married can be the worst decission of someone's life, and that the family probably is not ordained by God.

Posted by: Gone4good ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 02:31AM

Found that out the hard way

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 11:37PM

How about anyone different including women? They still don't know what to do with the gays, and since they were forced to acknowledge them and act like they care, they went after the children of gays? When did the mormons ever turn down someone who wanted to be baptized except the children of gays.

I was told gays were damned unless they changed to straight. Now as long as they are celibate, then they are okay???? Always a question mark for those mormons as to who is acceptable and who is not.

Posted by: gone4good ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 03:26PM

who knew it would take god hundreds of years to come up with some commandments?

who knew they got to live without rules
who knew we would get rules to live by

Biblical Timeline of Events
Unknown Creation, Adam & Eve, Tower of Babel, Noah's Ark and the flood
2166 BC Abraham
1445 BC Moses is given The Ten Commandments by Our Lord.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.