Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 06:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 06:35PM

I don't have an opinion on the first presidency pictures but as to your other question, I prefer facial hair :)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 06:43PM

who was head hair ? ~

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 09:23PM

I could care less. None of those images will ever grace my home or my computer.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 10:02PM

But Nelson has a perfect "Dr. Evil" look. He would make a great Bond villain. The way his brows are shaped give him a constant scowling expression.

\ /
|

Date: February 18, 2019 10:14PM

are true.

According to the rumor, they did not die (apparently they are two of the three immortal Nephites). But after filling in as LDS prophet guys for a season, they eventually moved on to other things and most recently (1969) they formed a band called "ZZ Top".

I looked up ZZ Top and it looks like the rumor may be true. In the photos of ZZ Top, it easy to see that it's Lorenzo and Joseph F.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 09:09AM

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: February 18, 2019 10:48PM

Bwaaahahahahaha! $12.00!

And that other painter couldn't draw faces, but decided to sell his "art" anyway. Mormon art, an oxymoron.

Date: February 18, 2019 11:12PM

I looked for an explanation as to why the artist liked drawing faceless people. I couldn't find any.

I'm sure that those "painting" will make perfect gifts for devout TBM friends and relatives.

I can almost imagine a scenario where a happy TBM couple gets some of this faceless art as a gift from their son, Billy....

"Oh, look, honey! Look at the anniversary gift from Billy. It's Jesus without a face."

"Not just Jesus. Nobody has a face, except for the dog."

"Why does the dog have a face?"

"Maybe, if you really believe in Jesus, he sucks your face off and the dog doesn't believe in Jesus, so he still has a face.

"You're probably right, dear. I'm just going to proudly display Billy's gift on the wall here, behind the bookshelf. Won't that be a surprise when someone takes one of the books off the shelf and sees faceless Jesus there staring without any eyes."

"Yes, honey, that's the best place for this fantastic gift from Billy."

Date: February 19, 2019 12:41PM

Wally Prince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Maybe, if you really believe in Jesus, he sucks
> your face off and the dog doesn't believe in
> Jesus, so he still has a face.

Maybe the vanity of this Jesus face sucking will become policy for LDS First Presidents?

They might receive inspiration from their predecessor prophet.

"So, it is assumed that Mohammed decided not to have his physical attributes to be repro-duced to remind his followers how he looked like when he had become the Prophet, already at an advanced age."
https://hindutoday.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/why-is-mohammed-faceless/

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 07:01AM

I don't look at ugly pictures

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 07:07AM

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 07:24AM

I prefer #3.

Art doesn't have to be something that we like, but can be something that draws our attention, stimulates controversy, thought. #3 certainly does, it's not attractive but creepy. It shows Brigham in the background constrained by Joe, obviously the artist wasn't fond of Brig even though he was more influential, created the actual organization of the government of Utah, the church hierarchy, and kept the elephant stomping around for 33 years.

But this painting was done years ago and was just updated apparently, but the updates don't quite look normal. (Heads pasted on random bodies etc)

Date: February 20, 2019 03:34AM

Like a mafia boss, he's the one lurking in the center of the highest spot, closest to the inner sanctum of power. The others are like the henchmen out there in front. Joe is preening like the useful, but ultimately expendable showboat and glib charlatan that he was.

In an action movie, if the action hero was trying to get to the top boss (Briggy), he would first have to go through all of the protective minions out front.

The ones up front are just a bunch of disposable "porch masons" acting as managers and custodians.

Of course Joseph comes first in the descending order from first to last. But he's leaning precariously over the railing and Briggy's ready to give him that little push that will give full control to the true mastermind. Joe is not standing in the power position. He's the distraction. He's the front man.

Joe started the criminal operation. But he was capricious, careless and unsteady. Just as he was the one who got it going, he was likely to be the one to bring it all crashing down, if he was allowed to continue on his increasingly reckless path.

Briggy lurks behind them all. He sees all, standing and calculating there in the background. None of the others are focused on him.

He bides his time.... Then just a little push.

"Oops! Joe has fallen and he can't get up. How did that accident happen? Ohh, our prophet has fallen! Who will pick up the mantle in this time of crisis. Who? Who? Me? I blush."

Maybe I'm getting a little carried away....

"But maybe not," I say mysteriously, holding my pinky to my mouth and sporting a Dr. Evil air of mystery....

Date: February 20, 2019 02:49PM

Love your analysis. If it weren't for my ancestor BY none of U (or me) would be Mormon. It would have only survived as well as Millerism did with CoC(Formerly RLDS) would have had been a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millerism

Posted by: Gone4good ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 01:48AM

I like#3 also....so many profits reminds me how long I have been duped and keeps me glad I AM OUT!!!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 20, 2019 02:55PM

The faceless portraits are just plain weird and creepy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.