Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 01:32PM

I got an email from Church yesterday talking about the name change. The reason they stated was that Jesus Christ is central to the Church.

Now when I was missionary age we taught that Jesus Christ was the head of the Church. Head meaning that Jesus Christ was running the Church and leading the prophets.

So it seems that now Jesus Christ is just a figure head, since He is central. The Church is main focus. In my earlier years the Church was not as important as Jesus Christ was the head.

Can anyone tell me what is going on. Or have been lied to all my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 01:34PM

doctrine continues to evolve to try and perpetuate the churchs existence.

where you are niw outside of the church, the changes are just more visible to you.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:19PM

Jesus Christ isn't the main man in the church and now they have to state something as people have figured it out--like you and I.

Amazing that they e-mailed it to you. Boy, it is just something new every day. I'm just waiting to see what the next thing Wendy will do.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:36PM

I remember the missionary discussions where the Church taught that Jesus Christ was the head of the Church. That he was running the Church through his prophets. We also had some flannel visual ais that showed that Jesus Christ was the cheif corner stone of the Church and we would show a building and take out the cornerstone and ask what happens. The building falls down. That is why Jesus Christ is the cornerstone. That was back in 60's and 70's.

So what does it mean to be central figure of the Church?

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 09:00PM

"Excuse me, ma'am, while I take out my flannel board..."

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: March 07, 2019 10:59AM

"Amazing that they e-mailed it to you. Boy, it is just something new every day."

Next, Heavenly Father will get his own email account, and he will have no further use for the management Bozo's in the MoMo Clown Sect.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:49PM

This year, general conference will be held at 7:00 am Pacific Standard Time, Jesus Christ Central.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 03:26PM

Strange, because daylight savings time begins next Sunday, March 10.

Posted by: 4evergone ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 11:01PM

i can tell you what is going on.

IT'S ANOTHER JOE SMITH TRICK

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 11:18PM

Jesus was the head of the church but quit over creative differences. Something about a mall.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 02:48PM

I thought you were going for the change in the preface to the book of mormon where it used to be the Lamanites were the principle ancestors of the native Americans was changed to among the principle ancestors.

Posted by: felix ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 03:47PM

Perhaps an important reason for the name change is to disassociate from the word Mormon because so much anti content surfaces with a google search of the word Mormon.

We will need to up our game and use the same words that members do when we post information such as LDS or Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know it is long but worth it to insure they can't do an end-run around the info we put out.

Another reason for scrapping the word Mormon is that it presents tscc public image as more Christian than cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 03:47PM by felix.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.