Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 01:38PM

There is word now that a sort of schism is a forming between two groups of faithful Mormons. The basis of the division is whether or not it is a righteous endeavor to hope for further changes .

Apparently some of the faithful believe that hoping for additional changes is a slap in the face of the two godhead members with bodies, while the other faithful segment says that there is nothing wrong with hoping for Change, especially in light of the fact that change is obviously okay.

I believe it is implicit that hoping for change means one is not satisfied with the status quo. Just as celebrating Change means you think the old ways sucked!

But it does seem that if you hope for Change too much, you wind up being smothered in hugs and kisses at your Court of Lovey-dovey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 01:52PM

I'm seeing some signs of this in my wife's ward. My BIL has already started labeling some of those who are not enthusiastically on-board with the changes a being apostates. Coincidentally, he was already calling some of those same hold-outs apostates before any of the new changes were announced.

Ward politics are sometimes baffling until you consider that any change is an opportunity to settle grudges among the faithful. I suspect that my BIL is supporting the changes simply because he's got a beef with some of those who are opposed to them.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:22PM

But my daughter has also only been active mormon for about 10 years. I took her out at age 8. There are many things she doesn't even know. She is not happy with the 2 hour block and them having to have an hour at home doing something. Now me, even as an active mormon, that would have meant more free time for me, while my ex would have made me feel guilty for not being on board, but then he'd leave it all up to me to take care of.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:36PM

-------------------------------------------------------
I wish I'd have had a court of Lovey Dovey. There is plenty

I'd have to say about it to them.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 02:46PM

>> ".....hoping for additional changes is a slap in the face...."

Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Sounds like they are just exercising their mormon faith. What more could the leaders want??

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 03:56PM

It is just a shame that this schism is happening. I would just haaaate to see infighting among the brethren and sistern. That would be just awful. They all need to sing "Follow the Prophet" more and quit worrying their pretty little heads about stuff like things making sense, or being improved, or being happy or useless stuff like that.

"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do or die." Follow the prophet!

Posted by: guy3 ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 06:31PM

My wife misses the three hour block, it was a nice break for her from her week. It relaxed her, and she misses it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.