Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 08:03AM

https://www.apnews.com/4c1beb0794e14ce0958442fd2a10e985

If you thought the last news story I sent about Idaho laws was nuts, "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet," as BTO sang back in 1974. Apparently the state's House of Representatives just passed a bill that would force parents to choose to opt in to having their children given sex education instead of opting out of it. I think the most interesting(?) statement about the bill came from one Rep. Gary Marshall of Idaho Falls who said that this was all about chastity and purity (he has to be LDS, right?( Oh, the wonders of misogeny!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 08:27AM

Wow. Shameful.

Folks, religion WANTS young girls to get knocked up before they are educated about birth control. They preach chastity (because no man wants a used vessel), but know that is unrealistic.

It is the best way to make sure they stay in religions.

Of course they shame any girl who gets knocked up, but that is the training to be sure the girl shames others after her.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 01:08AM

I don't live in Idaho, but my teen son has always brought home permission forms for sex education. I signed them every time. He is in a large public school district.
I want to think that 90% of parents are signing the forms. I am hoping that vaccination rates are the same too.
I am so very fortunate that my first girlfriend was on birth control. I did not have very good sex education when I was in school and my parents never talked about it.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 03:02AM

Three best things I ever heard from utah edumacated girls about sex.

1. You can't get pregnant if you do it standing up.

2. The woman can only get pregnant if she has an orgasm.

3. You can't get pregnant if you're breast feeding.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.