Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 12:43PM

I just read on a mormon temple page that all 15 of the so-called "apostles" will be in attendance at the dedication of it.

It noted that this is the first time in history of the church that used to be referred to as mormon, but now insists that I say the full name of the church, even "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" that all 15 will be out of the country at the same time.

They really are milking this investment for all its worth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 12:49PM

Are they flying on separate flights?

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 01:13PM

"Are they flying on separate flights?"

Yes, all on separate private jets.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 02:43PM

Were anything to go wrong the first presidency of the seventy would take over.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 02:48PM

A temple in the "belly of the Beast" is a real feather in the cap of TCOTPOTCOJCOLDS. Plus, it's in a fairly ritzy locale, not some Third World hell-hole, so of course they all want to be there--probably hoping the pope will make an appearance.

I'm frankly sick of seeing the FB ad keep popping up that touts the EllDeeEss Rome temple cruise.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 03:00PM

And you know the worst part is that morgbots will go on holiday around the world and will actually go to the mctemple instead of actually site seeing.

Some people (mostly utahns) actually plan vacations around temples.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 03:17PM

Levi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read on a mormon temple page that all 15 of
> the so-called "apostles" will be in attendance at
> the dedication of it.
>
> It noted that this is the first time in history of
> the church that used to be referred to as mormon,
> but now insists that I say the full name of the
> church, even "The Church of Jesus Christ of
> Latter-day Saints" that all 15 will be out of the
> country at the same time.
>
> They really are milking this investment for all
> its worth.

This probably happens more often than people realize. They need all 15 out of the church office building for proper fumigation. They bring in tons of bugs and cooties and this will be a chance to get rid of an infestation.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 03:23PM

I'm sure that Lufthansa has a spare jet for Dieter. Maybe they could make Bednar ride in the luggage compartment.

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 03:30PM

If Uchtdorf had his way Nelson would be riding in the luggage compartment with the door open

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 03:31PM

This grandstanding by the gerontocracy is making me wish really really hard that Ziller's excellent story comes true.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 04:23PM

Of course they're all going to Rome. They need to compete with "the whore of all churches", a.k.a. the Catholic church.

I wonder if the 15 will pay tribute to the christian martyrs in Rome who kept Christianity alive during the centuries after Christ was crucified. The Christians who were the scapegoats when Rome burned when Nero reined. The martyrs who were brutally killed because they would not denounce Christ. The same martyrs and other christians who kept christianity alive long enough for Joseph Smith to start his religion.

Those Christian martyrs don't mean anything to Mormons because they didn't push handcarts while making their way to Utah. They don't matter because they were not Mormon pioneers.

LDS Inc. is proud to tell the world that the Catholic church is not true because the priesthood died with Jesus. Mormons forget that it was the Catholics and all other christians that kept christianity alive after Christ was crucified. If it weren't for all those insignificant christians and the sacrifices they made, there would be no Mormon church today.

I'd like to hear that in a conference talk, lol.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 05:29PM

In ancient times ie 1950s and 60s, priesthood lessons were about the early church and the history of Christianity including the reformation.

Though the doctrine was studied along the way, the slant was to prove the great apostacy over time and hence the need for a restoration.

It was stillmquite interesting.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 04:44PM

I think its hilarious that all our minds went to the same place: the plane crashing.

Unfortunately I fear the posters are right, there will be separate private planes, darn it.

Well, at least they don't get MY tithing any more!!!

Posted by: jcnotloggedin ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 05:38PM

Recall this...

Not only does the rotunda of the Rome Temple Visitor's Center have a Christus statue carved out of the Michael Angelo marble quarry in Italy, but TSCC also had 12 smaller statues depicting the 'original' 12 apostles carved out of the same stone. All statues are together in that rotunda. Probably cost a fortune.

I suppose the current Q15 want to all be there to be able to say to the press: 1) Here we have 12 statues that represent Christ's original 12 apostles with Christ as the head; and 2) Here you have in person the latter-day modern apostles of Christ who are his special witnesses on earth.

Or something to that effect...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.