Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 06:36PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 06:45PM

And the people of Rome will ignore them as they should.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 06:52PM

The quorum at the forum. A funny thing happens. All of them go. Imagine what that money could do for the people selling their teeth to go to a temple....

Posted by: Annon1 ( )
Date: March 08, 2019 07:31PM

So, the entire top brass is going. Which means that their wives will also go. That an all expense paid trip for 30 people plus security personnel. Business class or first class tickets, hotel, which is usually a 4 star minimum, all meals and transportation. That's got to run about $150,000.00. The widows mite tithing put to good use there.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 09:08AM

Each golden GA couple has younger couple (ages in late 50's early 60;s) couple assigned to them--a couple from the "Seventies", it used to be. The woman helps the GA wife with her hair and wardrobe, the man helps the GA with all the travel stuff. I don't know if the other couples pay their own way or not.

I have some GA-wannabe friends going to the Rome temple dedication, and they are bringing along all of their adult children and spouses. Anybody who is anybody in Mormonism is going to that. It is The Promo Event of the season, for big Mormon mucky-mucks.

LOL--the Romans and the tourists in downtown Rome won't even know the Mormons are there. LDS publicists will be sure it will be in the news, but it probably will be on the very back pages in Italy and Europe. Comparable to an AKA off-season dog show, or a technology exposé.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 03:00PM

Annon1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, the entire top brass is going. Which means
> that their wives will also go. That an all expense
> paid trip for 30 people plus security personnel.
> Business class or first class tickets, hotel,
> which is usually a 4 star minimum, all meals and
> transportation. That's got to run about
> $150,000.00. The widows mite tithing put to good
> use there.

Yep.
It's the Board of Director's corporate trip!
It's time for group schmoozing, sight seeing and self congratulatory "leadership" camaraderie.
I'm sure they will use their corporate credit cards.
Just one of the perks for the "non-paid" clergy.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 04:28AM

would go into creating a building that would serve as little more than a place for people to dress up in silly costumes and give each other weird handshakes.

It really should be turned into a luxury spa, with an Olympic size pool on either the top floor or in the basement.

People see it from the outside and think that something really interesting must be inside. If they only knew how ridiculous things are inside.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 11:01PM

That is the tragedy. The temples are clean and whitewashed on the outside. Inside, there are dead men's bones telling tales of horror, tokens and penalties.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 07:22AM

Where are Nero and his lions when you really need them?

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 07:31AM

Flights and commendations paid for by their faithful members I'm sure.

Date: March 09, 2019 08:27AM

Wonder if Wendy wore a black veil when meeting the Pope today? Yep, Russ and Ballard met Pope in private audience so I assume the Mrs.s' were there

ETA: No women. just russ, ballard and two other men.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2019 08:44AM by angela.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 10:32AM

All of the Q15 will be present, but none of the female leadership in any official capacity. Misogyny is alive and well.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 10:39AM

Nelson and his Merry Band of Pharisees playing dress up in Rome. I can’t imagine what an epic circle jerk that dedication is going to be.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 11:37AM

A wonderful free vacation in Italy, compliments of the stupid tithe payers.

Who would not jump at the chance?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 02:49PM

In the Army (I wasn't in the Army, but was detached from the Air Force to an Army unit for 3 1/2 years), out in the field we were never allowed to congregate in a group, or have all of the leaders in one place. The watch-cry was always something about an incoming artillery round taking us all out. So I am surprised that they put all the apostholes in one place at one time in another country pretty far away, even more surprised if they all fly on the same plane.

Incidentally, I doubt they are flying standard coach. At the very least, I bet they are flying international business class.

Date: March 09, 2019 02:52PM

cludgie Wrote:

>
> Incidentally, I doubt they are flying standard
> coach. At the very least, I bet they are flying
> international business class.

Im open to the assumption that they charted a plane. You have at least 30 with the Q15 + wives

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 03:02PM

I'm pretty sure one was supposed to stay behind at an undisclosed secured location.

Like the State of the Union.

Posted by: kairos ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 03:20PM

I would guess a 737 jet charter fot the 12 and a Huntsman jet for the FP!
That story should be in the SLT!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 04:54PM

No reason to have a temple in Rome. Very few members in the area who need a temple but it’s a pet project for the church to wow the tithing payers back in the US. Much like the BYU Jerusalem Center. Meet with the pope and showboat.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 06:50PM

I would have timed it for summer in order to visit a nude or top-free beach; all the aides & other support people won't know about it, Below the Radar / on the down-low.

just sayin'

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 15, 2019 10:28PM

You'd probably be disappointed. It was, last I knew, to have clothing optional swimming areas. What you need is Austria, Germany, or Croatia.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 11:02PM

The LDS church has been losing the PR game for over a decade. The temple in Rome, the assembling of the Q15 there, and the tributary meeting with the pope: this is how Russell, et al. demonstrate that their church is significant.

It's a pathetic gesture, really.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 01:44PM

I'm assuming the 15 left clear instructions for the Utah State Legislature while the 15 are out of town.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 01:57PM

But wait, aren't they forgetting something or someones. THE TAB CHOIR! My god, they need them there. I can hear them all singing "We Thank Thee Oh God, for a Prophet" and belting out the "Battle Hymn of the Republic".

3 or 4 planes more....what does it matter?

Date: March 10, 2019 03:43PM

I did read a blog post where the poster said that he was on the same plane as about half of Q15, so they did fly commercial, at least those he saw, did.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 02:09PM

I can imagine that meeting with the pontiff:

Apostle Nelson (anointing the Pope with temple water): "We anoint you as head of the whore of Babylon."

Pope (responding to Nelson and placing ashes on each of their foreheads in the sign of the cross): "From dust you have come; to dust you shall return."

Or something like that....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2019 02:13PM by blindguy.

Date: March 10, 2019 02:19PM

Wendy's hair looked like shit.

She should get a hair dresser to travel with her.

And yes, that was probably a sexists statement.

Date: March 10, 2019 04:12PM

You Too? Wrote:
> Wendy's hair looked like shit.
>
> She should get a hair dresser to travel with her.
>
> And yes, that was probably a sexists statement.

It was an over-cast drizzly day= a bad hair day for any woman's style

Date: March 11, 2019 02:57PM

Thanks.

I can be unduly nasty at times.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 04:29PM

Wendy does have a hair dresser travel with her.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 10:25PM

Just not a gay one.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 11:44AM

Christ's Vicar meets Christ's Special Witnesses in what should be considered an affront to all those former witnesses who would consider this their old quorum whoring around.

And then there is WWMORMONJD? Probably not have all of them together basically validating The Vatican. I doubt all of them have gone to Israel together?

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 04:20PM

Anybody recall 1 Nephi 13

The Great and abominable chruch, harlot of the earth

4 And it came to pass that I saw among the nations of the Gentiles the formation of a great church.

5 And the angel said unto me: Behold the formation of a church which is most abominable above all other churches, which slayeth the saints of God, yea, and tortureth them and bindeth them down, and yoketh them with a yoke of iron, and bringeth them down into captivity.

6 And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil that he was the founder of it.

7 And I also saw gold, and silver, and silks, and scarlets, and fine-twined linen, and all manner of precious clothing; and I saw many harlots.

8 And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the gold, and the silver, and the silks, and the scarlets, and the fine-twined linen, and the precious clothing, and the harlots, are the desires of this great and abominable church.

9 And also for the praise of the world do they destroy the saints of God, and bring them down into captivity.

10 And it came to pass that I looked and beheld many waters; and they divided the Gentiles from the seed of my brethren.

11 And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Behold the wrath of God is upon the seed of thy brethren.

Date: March 11, 2019 11:36PM

I blame it all on the abominable snowman.

The abominable snowman is a lovable monster and has inspired countless plush, cute, squeezable abominable snowman products for children.

Ever since the abominable snowman became popular, you just can't get people to recoil in shock, horror and anger at the doings of the abominable church.

The abominable snowman has a snowmobile.
The abominable church has a popemobile.

Plus the Q15 guys probably wanted to scope out the many harlots. Ever since the movie "Pretty Woman" and other variations of the "harlot with a heart of gold" there hasn't been much negative stigma on harlots. They're just like fun characters in a grand cabaret. So, yeah, the "apostle" guys just want to see the show. And if Joe Smith could have many virgins and non-virgins, why can't his successor enjoy a good harlot show put on by the lovable abominable church. Good clean/dirty fun for everyone...and the tithepayers are paying for it.

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 10:07PM

a good time to have a toga party.

Date: March 11, 2019 11:24PM

this kind of attention and fuss. Does that mean that the mini temples are all lesser temples?

And why Rome?

I doubt that Church membership numbers and activity rates in Italy really merit such a lavish temple project.

This is one of those things that are hard to take at face value. What's the story behind the story?

Why are dozens of mini-me temples just fine for decades and then, suddenly, the leaders of the Church are all like "We need a big honkin' super expensive temple in Rome!"

Why not Athens? Why not Vienna? Why not Lucerne? Why not Geneva? Why not Lyon?

Something's fishy. Something is askew. Something is afoot. Something is not adding up.

But other than that, I hope all those "apostles" have a fun vacation in Rome and get some souvenir slippers from the Pope and all the pasta they can eat.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.