Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 02:34AM

Some, if not Most, (i.e., In General) women think a bit differently than men do, permit one example, the mama dragons.

Mormon men are centered on maintaining the status quo, a male-only club with the image/idea of making decisions by way of (claimed) discernment-discretion, if not direct 'revelation', inspiration of god speaking to them personally/individually about right-wrong of their decisions-policies, procedures-actions.
Most of us here know that's an outright lie.

Women, OTOH, are more deliberate as well as compassionate as to how policies effect individual lives and families. They're (again, in general) not on board the discernment-discretion-inspiration train. They will think things out, they will consider, they will deliberate.

the Mormon men appear to be doing great with the financial parts of 'the gospel', and for many, that's the Bottom Line; why question it when so many temples are being built?

Those men speak the language, ride in fancy cars, travel first-class (if on commercial flights), dress imbeccably, etc. Their wives are propped up as living examples of devoted spouses!

Very few consider how SHALLOW the whole thing is, because 'sprituallity' is downplayed in favor of lucre.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 08:19AM

Read "Alpha God" by Hector Garcia.

God is a projection of our psychological needs, and the most brutal among us get to force their psychological needs on the rest of us. Then their God gets to be the head honcho.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 08:31AM

Mormonism is an ultra conservative religion with a leadership whose average age is above 80. Their views toward women can be seen in Hollywood films from the 1950s. Women are subservient because the culture is frozen in a time bubble.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 09:31AM

And the old leaders choose newer leaders whose views are most like their own. They don't bring in new blood, they bring in replacements for themselves.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 09, 2019 01:46PM

This sounds exactly like the arguments for why same-sex marriage will never be approved. Or, going back farther, why women will never get the vote, or ever be in the military, or ever be in combat brigades.

Priesthood meeting and RS meeting are already using the same lesson manual and meeting together part of the time. I expect within a few years the two organizations will be almost totally merged. I also expect that most ward positions currently restricted to men only will become open to women. Ward clerk positions will probably be first.

Women in general officer positions in RS and Primary are being treated more like GAs. They are now listed with middle initials, just like the boys in the Red Seats are. I'm not being snide. That is a serious upgrade in their status. Look for more of that to happen.

I imagine the ward bishopric will be the last thing to change. I don't ever expect to see it, but I wouldn't say it won't ever happen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.