Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 07:09PM

Mormon neighbors who did NOT (oh, never) allow THEIR children to play with non-mormons.

Remaining in a church meeting with tired, depleted, hungry children way past the placating book and cheerio stage.

Thinking (imagine) that I might actually hear something interesting and new in sacrament meeting besides gossip.

Hoping, just hoping, that I might hear even a little praise rather than....we need bodies badly Tues. nite at the cannery, temple attendance is down, are you failing on the BofM reading challenge?, remember to do you home and visiting teaching as our numbers are down, and on and on and on and on. Guilt, more guilt, and shame.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 09:43AM

Amazing what we accepted because we knew/believed/wanted the Mormon church to be the one true church. We thought we were on the right path and so all potholes, downed trees, muddy patches and no beautiful scenery to look at on our trek were all just accepted as part of the holy test. And nowadays they even have to clean the bathrooms at the Rest Stops.

The perspective that comes with leaving and finally seeing the whole picture is valuable indeed.

I'm trying to think of a positive take away now and all that comes to mind is my second seminary teacher was super hot. I hope you got out SwampRat! You were too good for them. Other than that the drive through Mormonism was either bland or miserable.

But . . . We couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 11:35AM

Mormonism - the religion that worships the family the most while doing the least for it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.