Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 07:59PM

While meeting with Pope Francis in Rome on March 9th President Nelson was so impressed by the forgiving nature of His Holiness that he obtained personal permission from The Savior via a thought experiment to pardon the Salamander Bomber, even Mark Hofmann.

Due to President Nelson's spirit of influence over the Utah State Legislature, The Utah State Parole Board, and the Governor's Office, an official pardon due out by April General Conference is a mere formality.

Nelson gleefully stated, "The love that the Lord and I have for Brother Hofmann is indeed bomb proof and unconditional."

Hofmann commented to reporters through prison channels. "My pardon and release have always been a pipe bomb, oops, I meant to say pipe dream of mine ever since I plea bargained to protect President Hinckley."

Kirton McConkie and Dallin Oaks were asked for a mutual statement to which they replied, "Those court records are sealed tight like unto a Jaredite barge and shall never be revealed unless they prove to be advantageous for blackmail purposes."

Source: Leaky But Squeaky-clean Mormon Newsroom

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 08:39PM

MOST EXCELLENT! (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure)

Details, Details, Details:

Did Russ consult with the Hofmann survivors? Will he repay the $ ChurchCo paid him?

will Russ pardon / forgive me as an example to my former - mother of our children?

Will SHE forgive & welcome me following:

Basic,Core Christian values?

teaching of scriptures & LDS GA's?

...waiting..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2019 09:14PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 09:49PM

It's just what I heard.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 10:13PM

At some point during bomb-boy Markie's incarceration down at Mountain Jail, a fellow-felon gifted him a nice guitar.

The first song that attracted Mark came out of Nashville and he wore the needle out learning it.

We are told that he's still belting it out today in his cell and at church dinners.

May his victims rest in peace.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_email&hsimp=yhs-pty_email&hspart=pty&p=STONEWALL+JACKSON+LIFE+TO+GO+SONG#id=3&vid=7383312aad15fd7a1c5b99d609b1eb5d&action=click

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 10:45PM

In all the times that Mark Hofmann has come up on RfM, I’ve mentioned that my son is married to a Hofmann girl; her dad is Mark’s 1st cousin. He was the uncle to Mark, brother to Mark’s dad.
I’d met grandpa a few times since I moved back to Utah—someone would go pick him and his wife up to come to birthday parties for his grand and great-grand kids. He never spoke to me or anyone for that matter and she wasn’t much more vocal, although she would occasionally have one of the great grand kids sit in her lap.
He’d been in a care center for a couple of weeks—in his early 90’s I think. The last time I heard he had fallen in a bathroom and fell behind the door so they couldn’t get him up and out. I heard nothing more until 2 weeks ago, when his grandson, brother to my daughter-in-law posted a picture on Facebook taken just a few weeks ago with him sitting and holding his great granddaughter, who was just born in January.

He mentioned a couple of nice things about him and how his grandpa tried to teach him to drive in his big Buick, when he was 12.
There was no funeral, nor obituary either. They had a family dinner with all of their favorite German food.

And related to this, as I searched for an obituary,(which I tend to do) I came across one from a couple of years back. It was for a preemie baby, the daughter of Michael Hofmann and his wife. Michael is Mark’s oldest son and in the obit, it was mentioned that among her survivors are grandparents, Dorie Olds and Mark Hofmann. They had 4 kids when Mark was arrested and I was told once that Dorie used to bring the kids to family parties when they were younger but they didn’t stay close, I guess.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 10, 2019 11:01PM

thanks, memike, that was very touching.

just as a footnote, I believe (as others) that ChurchCo wanted this hushed, it was prosecuted at the local level rather than federal (I hope the reasons for that come out Fully someday soon)

It seems that ChurchCo didn't want GBH on the witness stand, we can all see why...

Sad for everyone concerned, but as usual, ChurchCo weasels out of any/all responsibility.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 03:26PM

Ha ha ha!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 06:13PM

Love it! Thanks, Cricket.

The Sheets' lived in our neighborhood. The neighborhood kids swore that their house was haunted, after Mrs. Sheet's violent death. There were many tall tales and ghost stories flying around. One night, I had a car full of kids, and was dropping off one of them at a house that shared a driveway with the Sheets. Mr. Sheets still lived there, at the time. It was nighttime, and the driveway was very dark, and spooky, and tunneled with trees. All of a sudden, there was a loud "bang", and a body appeared on the hood of our car. We all screamed--and I screamed the loudest! Kids loved to climb up the trees and drop down onto people's cars, to scare the wits out of them.

Mr. Sheets was in the regional Mormon older singles for a while, and no one would date him. He found someone in Australia to marry him, who evidently didn't know the awful story. All's well that ends well, under the rug.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 07:37PM

Although making fun of the whole Hofmann affair is easy I did feel a twinge of pain for the horrible time it was and still is for the victims and survivors.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.