Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: annabelle ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 01:27PM

I posted this last week and no one posted about the secret handshake 'sure sign of the nail' in the movie Black-Klansmen.
When the main character joins the KKK and when he joins they all shake his hand with the temple handshake.

I was shocked when I saw it ---then wondered if this is a common 'handshake' in secret clubs and societies?
Was I just deluded to think that Joseph Smith was divinely inspired to think up the magic handshake.
Has anyone seen the movie?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 02:13PM

It's a Masonic hand shake and has been used by a number of groups as a secret sign. Goes back, literally, to the stone mason guilds in medieval times. A few years back I went on a tour of a historic cemetery in the South. That town was a big Masonic area during the Civil War days. I was astounded how many tombstones had Masonic symbols on them--beehives, squares and compass, all-seeing eyes and the hand clasps. So it makes sense that the KKK would adopt the same thing in that area.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 02:44PM

The most likely answer is that few here have seen the movie.

Posted by: robinsaintcloud ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 02:56PM

IN the movie, Man Who Would Be King, Sean Connery does a masonic handshake with another mason, same as first token of the aaronic priesthood, saw the movie on my mission by the way. Pretty cool movie. Didn't really know what to think about it at the time, but do now.

Posted by: Cleansed ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 07:47PM

robinsaintcloud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IN the movie, Man Who Would Be King, Sean Connery
> does a masonic handshake with another mason, same
> as first token of the aaronic priesthood, saw the
> movie on my mission by the way. Pretty cool
> movie. Didn't really know what to think about it
> at the time, but do now.

One of my favourite films.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 11:35AM

A brilliant movie based on the Kipling story. Inspired pairing of Michael Cain and Sean Connery and directed by John Huston.

Posted by: Cleansed ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 07:49PM

Albert Pike has been termed by a number of well known Masonic authors as the Plato of Freemasonry, and even the Masonic Pope!

Freemasonry, that is to say Organized Freemasonry practices the big lie technique. More to the point organized Freemasonry has perfected the big lie technique. They term this doublespeak ' diverting the discourse'. In regard to Confederate general, slaver, British spy, convicted Confederate war criminal, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council 33rd Degree, Ku Klux Klan ritual designer, Ku Klux Klan Chief Judicial Officer and Arkansas Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon it is necessary to add some superlatives on to the term 'divert the discourse', because that opaque term doesn't nearly come close to describing the effort and tactics it has and is employing to cover-up, obscure, deflect, and divert about Pike's leading roll in the KKK's creation.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 12:10AM

Hardly gets any attention at all from the usual "organizations" and "media" stars who can get all worked up about statues depicting nobody soldiers.

https://foursquare.com/v/albert-pike-memorial/4c5dd8e8857ca593fc23cecb

I wonder why....;o)

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 09:08PM

"I was shocked when I saw it --- then wondered if this is a common 'handshake' in secret clubs and societies?
Was I just deluded to think that Joseph Smith was divinely inspired to think up the magic handshake".

Annabella, wonder no more...

The shake is an invention of a rebungnified scam called Freemasonry.

The founders in 1717 England codified a ton of silly rituals designed to rope in dopey men for their club.

Dupes like Joe and his enabling pals liked the idea.

They cleverly made the grips a part of their cult.

Satanically inspired they were for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZOBleh0uk

Posted by: Annabelle ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 10:01PM

Well how could these handshakes be ‘from god’? I remember being in the temple thinking handshakes are so silly to be divine- thanks for all the history and info:)

Date: March 12, 2019 12:02AM

Joe just gave them different names.

For example, check out page 17 of the following book, written by William Morgan (famous Masonic whistleblower) in 1827.

http://pictoumasons.org/library/Morgan,%20William%20~%20Illustrations%20of%20Masonry%20%5Bpdf%5D.pdf

Also check out pg. 41 and pg. 59 and so on. (Take a look at the "penalty" illustrations too. Anyone who went through the temple before 1990 will know exactly what they're looking at.)

Note that the book was published in 1827 IN NEW YORK (not far from where Joe lived).

Note that William Morgan disappeared and was presumed murdered not long after.

Note that William Morgan's widow, Lucinda Morgan, later became one of Joseph Smith's wives.

Note how William Morgan's story concerned corrupt judges, secret societies and secret combinations.

Note how the Book of Mormon talks about corrupt judges and secret combinations....

This is where everyone but die-hard, true-believing Mormons get a clue. ;o)

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 11:39AM

At one of the Jack the Ripper murder scenes there was masonic writings and drawing on a nearby wall. Given the gruesome disemboweling of the victim one of the ideas floated was that the killer was a Mason.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 07:16AM

Party pooper time. TBMs will say that Freemasonry evolved from the original ceremonies practiced by Adam and Noah and so on, and that JS merely restored it to its proper form

Date: March 12, 2019 09:16AM

slskipper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Party pooper time. TBMs will say that Freemasonry
> evolved from the original ceremonies practiced by
> Adam and Noah and so on, and that JS merely
> restored it to its proper form

That is indeed what some TBMs will say. But it increasingly rings hollow when you realize that much of what JS supposedly "restored" has since been deleted by his successors.

Five points of fellowship? Gone. (This was a huge one, when you consider that it was the climax of the whole ceremony...right up until they decided it was no longer necessary.)

Disembowelment penalty? Gone.

Throat-slitting penalty? Gone.

Veils on wives? Gone.

Then you just have to ask such TBMs the following question: "In what context do secret handshakes, secret passwords, "new names" (i.e. secret names), identifying marks on underwear and bloody secrecy oaths make more sense? Do they make more sense in the context of worshiping an all-knowing, all-seeing, omnipotent God in a ceremony that involves zero information that needs any kind of secrecy? Or do they make more sense in the context of a secret society or fraternity whose members plot and scheme behind doors and then in public use secret signals to each other so that they can cooperate without being detected and without being seen as acting in concert?

I think the answer is obvious. Any TBM with half a gram of integrity and honesty left would likely see it too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.