Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: perky ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 04:25PM

On a much smaller scale without the inquisition, but Check out 1 Nephi 13

Behold the gold, and the silver, and the silks, and the scarlets, and the fine-twined linen, and ..........

The fruits of the Catholic and LDS Chruches..

May need to revise 1 Ne 13

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 06:00PM

Really only "great" in their own mind but it's certainly abominable the way they break up families if there is someone in the family who prefers facts over warm fuzzy feelings.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 12:43AM

Pinky, The Brain, and 11 of their fellow lab mice are in Rome to take over the world.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 11, 2019 07:51PM

I think this everytime I"m downtown and see the holy mall. This mall is different from other malls in that they really are catering to the 1%. The wealthy. If it was a wal-mart that was built to attract ordinary working class shoppers from all over, I wouldn't complain. But this isn't who mormonism is trying to attract.

We all know what the god of mormonism really is...

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 12:24AM

When you think about it, the Book of Mammon/Mormon is all about the cult of prosperity twist on Christianity that can also be seen in many of the "mega churches" these days.

If you get right with Jesus, you get rich.

One of the main themes of the Book of Mammon is the cycle.

(1) Poor, destitute people discover (or rediscover) Jesus.
(2) They humbly accept Jesus as their savior.
(3) They worship Jesus and Jesus blesses them with prosperity as a direct result.
(4) They become rich and arrogant and forget to praise Jesus and give thanks to Jesus.
(5) Then some calamity hits and they lose their riches...and become poor, destitute people.

Apparently, the leaders of the Mammons...er...I mean...Mormons...figured they were at stage (3) and wanted to celebrate their faith-generated prosperity with the construction of a posh mall.

According to standard prosperity cult protocol, things should work out just fine at the mall, as long as they remember to praise Jesus.

"Praise Jesus! Would you look at that Rolex, Sue-Ann! Don't tell me you're thinkin' of gettin' me one for my birthday!"

"Billy Ray, would you look at this massage chair?! It's got it all. Smooth kid leather, 21 different reclining positions, 33 customizable massage settings and flatulence filtration built in with turbo silent fans. Thank you Jesus for leading us to this miraculous device that will surely be a blessing in our lives!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.