Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 12:56PM

...to meet a true prophet of God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 01:05PM

I can imagine Francis saying to Nelson, "Hey, Rusty. Does my name ever come up in your chats with God? How I'm doing?"

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 01:38PM

Thanks for the laugh. That’s a funny mental image.

Posted by: Pompous Windbag ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 01:10PM

And despite all his clever Jesuit training and experiences, when he's falling asleep nights now, the true prophet's face, and the memory of the time they spent together come forth to haunt him.

But having taken a quick crash course from the junior newbie monk who is in charge of 'knowing' about Mormons and Mormon church history for the Holy Roman Catholic Church, the pope knows that a year after his demise, his work will be done for him ... in the Rome Temple! And the Buenos Aires Temple!! And the Cedar City Temple!!! Over and over again, until Christ comes again in the flesh!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: March 14, 2019 01:57PM

"a year after his demise" every hick in mormondumb will want to do the Pope's temple work.

When you're in a small dipstick sect from Utah, you will employ all manner of compensatory behaviors to shore up your decaying "testimony".

MFFS: Mormon Fragile Faith Syndrome

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 01:28PM

When I was on my mission I went to Midnight Mass at St Peters with my mission president. This was only one year after the impromptu missionary choir was kicked out of the piazza and then subsequently invited to sing in the basilica.

I remember like it was yesterday. The evening was pretty chilly but the basilica was packed with probably over 50,000 people so we were practically sweating. He was ornery, hot, and tired. When JPII got up we could barely see and were very uncomfortable. He then gives what I still think is the funniest thing he ever said.

He complained that he was up in the front while the real leader of the church in Rome was sweating in the back.

We left early.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 02:49PM

jacob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> He complained that he was up in the front while
> the real leader of the church in Rome was sweating
> in the back.
>
> We left early.

BWHAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!! All of this really is so comical, the arrogance of it all. Gratefully, I was not in all that long, and THANK YOU, GOD, no one in my family joined me in joining. My mother even made me promise not to submit her name to the temple for proxy work if she died.

I had no problem in making that promise, which ended up being moot.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.