Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 02:20PM

How many of the Q15 will reference the Rome temple experience in their talks?

Remember, Nelson and his side kicks speak more than once when they are conducting any particular session

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 03:19PM

Probably every one of them. What else is really going on with the exciting church?

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 09:40PM

How many will hint at having seen or heard Jesus while in the Rome temple?

How come Joseph Smith never checks in with his peeps? He can't be bangin' chicks 24 hours a day, can he?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 11:48PM

Wilford Woodruff was big on dreams and visions.

He regularly had dreams where he conversed with Joseph.

He stated on night Joseph said he was passing on to the next level. Joseph entered a door and Wilford had no more dream contact with Joseph after that night.

Lorenzo Snow on the other had recounted seeing Jesus in the Salt Lake temple.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 07:19PM

The answer is yes.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 07:39PM

My money is on the Fossilized Geezers proudly pontificating profusely (did you like that one?) through their false teeth that it will only be a matter of weeks before the world will witness a HUGE influx of new members from the citizens of Rome due to their amazing visit.

A visit that had to cost a profuse preponderance of $$$$$, better spent in, hmmm, let's see, about a million ways to help with endless extremely crucial humanitarian world causes. But no, off to Rome all 15 must go to officially support two church leaders chumming it up - two church leaders who hide and support child abusers, again with a profuse preponderance of $$$$$ rather than support child abuse victims.

Well, my humble opinion is this....THESE TWO DESERVE EACH OTHER.
And, what's more, I am MIGHTY DAMN proud I do not belong to either of their church-circus-cults.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 14, 2019 12:29PM

I absolutely agree. Watching the little dogs lap up to the big dogs was just bad. I'm sure the visit was all 1st class in the best hotels. No $12 hostel for the GAs. Catholic priests and mormon priests are like two peas in a pod.

Date: March 12, 2019 09:56PM

I've checked out a couple of forums where Mormons hang out. There is some talk about the temple and of Nelson meeting the pope, but not as much as I would have expected.

The Deseret News was more over the top with excitement than these guys were on the forums.

Nelson within the church is a big fish in a little pond of guppies.
But when he was in Rome, he was a guppy in the "biggest" Christian ocean there is, and it was noticeable. I think even to Mormons, or at least some of them

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 11:35PM

I wonder if Nelson or the Q12 got a chance to visit any of the sights while in Rome like St. Peter's ... it would give them an idea of what real church architecture looks like. It would probably give them a serious inferiority complex too (if they don't have one already)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 15, 2019 11:03PM

angela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've checked out a couple of forums where Mormons
> hang out. There is some talk about the temple and
> of Nelson meeting the pope, but not as much as I
> would have expected.
>
> The Deseret News was more over the top with
> excitement than these guys were on the forums.
>
> Nelson within the church is a big fish in a little
> pond of guppies.
> But when he was in Rome, he was a guppy in the
> "biggest" Christian ocean there is, and it was
> noticeable. I think even to Mormons, or at least
> some of them

The church is a legend in it's own mind. What's great is the day will come that the leaders will choke on their own bullshit. Numbers don't lie. The church isn't growing. Building more temples and playing around with missions won't change a thing and the world is getting tired of Christianity.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 10:11PM

all in all, the Rome Pope & Temple thingee is going to be very tough to beat, how will they deal with the inevitable let-down?

How exciting can GC be? but wait, aren't there a couple of newbies the others can snicker at with the slightest gaffe?

What if there's a latent J Golden Kimball or (GASP!) GBH among the newbies????

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 08:14PM

It's official--we have our GC drinking game!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 14, 2019 12:20PM

I saw it on the Utah news. Jesus DID appear in the Rome Temple...in the form of a great big white statue!

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: March 15, 2019 01:06PM

Hmmmmm

I'm wondering why April Conference Isn't on April 1st;

Oh wait, I think I know!!

Date: March 15, 2019 03:04PM

LOL

Just missed it by one day this year :)

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 15, 2019 10:33PM

Presley, still laughing at Fossilized Geezers! I like it!!

Snortle I think something just went up my nose!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 10:34PM by mel.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 16, 2019 01:36AM

If I understand RMN (just a bit), I'm afraid he's on the lookout for his next conquest/headline. Sad, really sad for a guy who sorta claims to be God's one & only...

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 16, 2019 03:39AM

GNPE Wrote:
> If I understand RMN... a guy who sorta claims to be
God's one & only...

He was a doctor, right? So that was an easy step since some of the worst doctors already think they are God . Of course there are many great doctors out there too... no offense to MD’s!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 01:18AM

of things in the years that immediately preceded his ascension to Apostlehood.

In the later years, to the extent that he was still practicing, Spencer W. Kimball was probably his main patient. And it was Kimball who made him an apostle.

I think Kimball once heard someone say this:

"If you like you're doctor, you can turn him into an Apostle."

So, one day, when Nelson had hooked Kimball up with some really good drugs, Kimball turned to Nelson and said: "I like you Nelson. I hereby call you to be an Apostle of the Lord Jebus...I mean Jaazis...I'm so sleepy...."

Whereupon Nelson turned off his personal dictaphone that he had been holding close to Kimball's mouth and whispered into Kimball's ear: "No take backs! I have it on tape."

That's when Nelson knew that God was indeed preparing the way for him to wage total war against the "Mormon" nickname. Just a matter of time. One soon to be down and just a few others in the way after that. No problem. Nelson knew that he was maintaining a healthier diet and had better genes. Hinckley was a bit of a question mark, but faith would win out. And Monson, the big affable dope, was guzzling diet coke like there was no tomorrow.

Date: March 18, 2019 07:01AM

For some reason I thought he was behind a great deal of the work of the first artificial heart? And teaching?

I'm not going to throw his professional accomplishments under the bus, or even dismiss them.

He was a good cardiologist. No doubts about that

Date: March 18, 2019 08:15AM

in the field of heart surgery. He apparently contributed quite a bit to the advancement of open-heart surgery.

I don't believe he had much involvement with the artificial heart (attributed to Winchell, Jarvik and Kolff).

If you read what I said, I did not say anything about throwing his professional accomplishments under the bus. I was talking about what he was doing just prior to becoming an Apostle.

Date: March 18, 2019 11:11AM

Wally Prince Wrote:
I was talking about what he was
> doing just prior to becoming an Apostle.

Oh, ok. I see your point. I thought you were speaking more broadly. My bad.

I probably confused his work with open heart surgery with the artificial heart. Again, my bad. :)

Date: March 18, 2019 01:07AM

that goes back more than a decade, the whole papal meet & greet has to be a bit problematical in the cognitive dissonance realm of things.

Some still stupefied voice in the back of their minds will keep trying to interrupt their celebration: "Hey, wait a minute! What about the big apostasy thing and the falling away and the whole whore of Babylon, Great and Abominable Church and stuff? Isn't the guy in the fancy dress the leader of that?"

Then there's the problem for any thinking TBMs who may be troubled by the fact that the Church spent tons and tons of money building a fancy temple in Rome that will mostly be used by tourists from Utah, seeing as how there are only three active Mormons in Italy (all coincidentally named Guido).

Maybe they'll just do a lot of name-dropping by referring to the "Great Apostles of Old" who did stuff in Rome before the Apostasy...such as Peter, Paul and Mary....(Sorry, wrong group).....Well, at least Peter and Paul and then they'll speak with great reverence of how they walked in the footsteps of Peter and Paul and now have brought Peter's and Paul's great missions full circle with a new unfolding of the Gospel in Rome, by new Apostles, yeah, even the great ones appearing on your General Conference TV screen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.