Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 09:01PM

https://theappeal.org/a-black-man-called-the-cops-nazis-and-was-charged-with-a-hate-crime/?fbclid=IwAR2gWqeEchYuv2hS9jD5SIjJQPAg6Qzx8edJHsbOe1lnRyx2SPtx1GNHTF0

This is ironic.
A black man charged with a hate crime for calling cops who were aresting him for shoplifting, Nazis.

"where does protected speech end and criminal speech begin?

That line is being blurred by police in Pennsylvania who are using the state’s hate crime statute called ethnic intimidation—defined as “malicious intention toward the race, color, religion or national origin of another individual or group of individuals”—against people who direct vitriol at them."

I have malicious intentions towards the Mormon church and direct vitriol at them all the time, but is that a hate crime?
What is a crime is the abuse of children by MORmONs who I've seen protected, time after time, while polite MORmONs change the topic of discussion, time after time.
I'm just as obligated to speak up about the Mormon abuse I am all too familiar with as if it happened to one of my kids.
In a way, I left the CULT of Joseph's Myth to protect my kids from the creepy ass grooming of children that starts in the CULT from day 1, singing praises of a rapist pedophile.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 12:47AM

“And in August, Trooper James Welsh of the state police charged Seneca Anthony Payne, a 39-year-old Bucks County man, with misdemeanor ethnic intimidation. Payne allegedly called an officer a “Gandhi motherfucker” during a welfare check at Payne’s home”

I would take that as a compliment.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 08:46AM

Hate crime is very hard to argue in court. But certain activists feel that it sounds good and gets people riled up to their causes. I'm surprised that the mormon church has declared that they are not against the passage of hate crime bills here in Utah.

They seem to be the ones feeding the most of the judgmentalism and hate for different kinds of people

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 09:28AM

He breaks the law by shoplifting he can expect to be arrested.

Cops are there to enforce the law and are doing the job others don't want to do. To be called a Nazi by a thief because he's getting arrested, well, he deserved what he got. It's as much a hate crime as a Nazi making racial slurs against him or directing hate speech against Jews in a public place. It's an obscenity as far as the cops are concerned. He might as wellbe resisting arrest.

For the same reason a person wouldn't yell fire in a crowded theater, for no reason. That would be malicious mischief.

People could use some common sense. That is what's lacking in less than law abiding citizens.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 07:59PM

Hear. Hear.

Posted by: xxMo0 ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 08:12PM

Police is not a race

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 09:08PM

Exactly. Nor are the Police an ethnicity. They aren't protected from being called bad names.

Date: March 14, 2019 08:53PM

Devoted Exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly. Nor are the Police an ethnicity. They
> aren't protected from being called bad names.

Good point.
But Nazis are almost exclusively white.
By calling them Nazis, isn't that a real insult to somebody who's white, like these cops?
Especially if they're an authority figure, like these cops?
I think it is.
It's kind of like the guy who kept calling Buzz Aldren a liar and Buzz told the guy to back off and walked away.
The guy persisted and kept calling him a liar and getting in his face and filming it. So Buzz punched the S.O.B. right in the face, hard. The guy sued his ass but the Judge let Buzz off, because the judge said the conspiracy theorist had it comin! I would have punched the guy myself if I flew all the way to the moon and had some crazy asshole come up to me on the street and shove a camera in my face and yell in my face that I lied about going to the moon.

Did the shoplifter have, "malicious intention", yes.

Was it, "toward the race, color"? that's the question.
It sounds like their lawyer is planning on arguing, that calling a group of white individuals Nazis, when Nazi's were white, was an insult toward the white people just doing their job, serving and protecting?

"of another individual or group of individuals”—against people who direct vitriol at them."

Was the shoplifter directing vitriol at the white cops? Yes.

So the guy could be fucked, in a lot of other ways besides being a real asshole, he's probably getting locked up longer than Individual 1's campaign manager and fixer combined.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 09:06PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 14, 2019 10:18PM

Wow. That's a real stretch. The job of a policeman is just that -- a job. It has nothing to do with the color of your skin. So calling a cop a "Nazi" is just calling someone a bad name. They have no protected status from name calling.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 09:37PM

Date: March 14, 2019 08:58PM

blindguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

I remember when kids would squeal like a pig when they walked by a cop and ask if the doughnut shop was closed? haha

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.