Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 10:33AM

After watching the church showboat it's new temple complex in Rome and seeing a very naive Russell M Nelson praise a pope who has a dark past regarding the dirty war in Argentina, who has been accused of being a war criminal by members of the US intelligence community and who many good Catholics question whether the man is even a Christian at all, I just shook my head.

It's all PR folks. I doubt Russell M Nelson really understands how the real world works or how much turmoil the current pope is causing in the Catholic church or what the man really has been saying. Things like Christ has failed in his mission and every family has pedophiles so give the church a break and stop throwing stones.

None of that matters. A large expensive temple was built in Rome to showboat to the LDS members back in the US. In fact, that temple was paid for and will be subsidized by tithing money made in the US not Italy. It's nothing more than a Disney like ride shoring up the church back home. Meeting the pope is just an illusion that the church has some relevancy in the world.

The members in the US still love the show. Nelson met with the pope! We now have a temple in Rome! Oh the Venetian chandeliers and the Italian marble make that toaster looking building so beautiful! The Quorum of the Twelve are real apostles because they went to where Peter and Paul preached and they pose in front of robot carved apostle statues made from marble from the same quarry Michelangelo carved his famous sculptures from,

Haha! It's like McDonald's selling fast Italian food and having the corporate management brag that they have a new location in Rome and they are using the same sauce the local restaurants are using but their sauce is better.

It's all a bunch of Cheese Whiz and there is no real meat in the burger. Just a bunch of clowns mugging to their own cameras and bragging to themselves. The church really isn't much different than some fool on a trip to Rome bragging on Facebook and Instagram that they are there and look how special they are.

The reality. More resignations and no converts resulting in many unfulfilled prophecies. Meanwhile the church leaders will be mugging for the camera with important people and in exotic locations desperately trying to cook an illusion to what members the church has left they are relevant to anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 10:45AM

Bravo! You have "all the best images and metaphors" and I love'em.

Used to be that the Mormon facade was an important part of the Mormon Church and now it seems to be the only part. The facade, the "milk", has become whipped cream with sprinkles and the "meat" is so old and obvious now that it's more like jerky and no one is bothered at all by it as it sits in a jar on the counter in full view---but garnering no attention.

I think this lyric from "Chicago" was written especially for today's Mormon church:

Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate

Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

What if your hinges all are rusting?
What if, in fact, you're just disgusting?

Razzle dazzle 'em
And they;ll never catch wise!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 11:10AM

The whole exercise, the whole complex, the Christening by The Pope. This is what attempting to look relevant and failing epically in our world today looks like.

It is The Wizard of Oz meets The Dark Crystal. Lots of people know what The Wizard of Oz is, a lot fewer The Dark Crystal but they are both old entertainment that is on the downslide in entertainment relevance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 11:11AM by Elder Berry.

Date: March 13, 2019 11:38AM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt Russell M Nelson
> really understands how the real world works or how
> much turmoil the current pope is causing in the
> Catholic church or what the man really has been
> saying.

What if it was a worthiness interview with The Bishop of Rome? That would be interesting. Nelson getting asked if he were masturbating?

Funny how Nelson and the other Big 15 would even seek an audience.

All you have to do is go to catholic.com to find out how they are told to handle "The Mormons."

https://www.catholic.com/tract/mormon-stumpers

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 12:05PM

I'm impressed! That was well written, especially the part about the Mormons crying persecution.

Date: March 13, 2019 12:19PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> Rubicon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I doubt Russell M Nelson
> > really understands how the real world works or
> how
> > much turmoil the current pope is causing in the
> > Catholic church or what the man really has been
> > saying.
>
> What if it was a worthiness interview with The
> Bishop of Rome? That would be interesting. Nelson
> getting asked if he were masturbating?
>
> Funny how Nelson and the other Big 15 would even
> seek an audience.
>
> All you have to do is go to catholic.com to find
> out how they are told to handle "The Mormons."
>
> https://www.catholic.com/tract/mormon-stumpers

If Nelson can shoot a load at his age I congratulate him and I guess taking the stairs in the Salt Lake temple instead of riding the elevator helps keep the 30 years younger wife happy.

Nelson's drivel on religion is nauseating but if he wanted to tell people to ear right and exercise because you can still get it up at 94 and blast a load to Kolob that might be some information worth listening to,

Date: March 13, 2019 01:32PM

Rubicon Wrote:
> Nelson's drivel on religion is nauseating but if
> he wanted to tell people to ear right and exercise
> because you can still get it up at 94 and blast a
> load to Kolob that might be some information worth
> listening to,

I'd hate it but if he went that direction I would have to listen to him.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 02:33PM

(misfiled post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 02:41PM by 3X.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 02:42PM

Mormons are in Rome to stroke their own organ of pride, and kick sand in the Pope's face.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 03:40PM

I don't think the Pope will hardly even take notice of the weirdos from SLC out touring their Magic Toaster Oven, on the outskirts of Rome, next to the IKEA.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 15, 2019 03:07PM

3X Wrote:
> , and kick sand in the Pope's face.

Maybe think they are. But they aren't, not really, and that is where they are suffering from some form of delusions of grandeur.

It's in their own minds. No one else's

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 03:53PM

“desperately trying to cook an illusion to what members the church has left they are relevant to anything“

They procrastinated the day of their repentance way too long. This is the problem with ultra conservative groupthink. TSCC relies on proactively maintaining the illusion. Doing it reactively is like closing the barn door after the horse gets out.

The foundation of the church is turning to crap. The only sustainable option is to overhaul the foundation or move the whole structure to a new foundation. The RC initiative could be part of that.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 15, 2019 01:27PM

Each new CEO wants to stand out and leave his mark, and most likely when you are in your middle nineties this becomes even more of a pressing goal. Time is not on old Rusty's side; plus I think he is super enjoying seeing the world.

Who knows how many more temples will be dreamed that just have to be built pronto so he can keep on travelin?

Wouldn't it be a true miracle if Rusty and his corporation spent an equal amount of time looking into pressing matters in their corporation, such as teen suicide in Utah, sexual abuse, the LGBTQ issue and on and on, as the amount of time they spend on issues such as silly name changes and building a crazy amount of temples?

Ho, hum, Wendy. Which temple do you want to visit next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 01:28PM by presleynfactsrock.

Date: March 15, 2019 01:52PM

presleynfactsrock Wrote:
> Each new CEO wants to stand out and leave his
> mark, and most likely when you are in your middle
> nineties this becomes even more of a pressing
> goal. Time is not on old Rusty's side; plus I
> think he is super enjoying seeing the world.
>
> Who knows how many more temples will be dreamed
> that just have to be built pronto so he can keep
> on travelin?
>
> Wouldn't it be a true miracle if Rusty and his
> corporation spent an equal amount of time looking
> into pressing matters in their corporation, such
> as teen suicide in Utah, sexual abuse, the LGBTQ
> issue and on and on, as the amount of time they
> spend on issues such as silly name changes and
> building a crazy amount of temples?
>
> Ho, hum, Wendy. Which temple do you want to visit
> next?

My mom said when you hit 80 you just don't give a damn about anything. Russ is 94. He's been handed the keys to a sizable organization with a lot of money and people see him as a true prophet of God.

I have to give Russ some credit for holding back. He could go a lot more crazy than he is. Hell if I was in his shoes I would pull down my pants and slide on the ice as well.

High five the pope? Hell. Why not?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.