Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 11:05AM

1. I have read and followed Russ and Wendy and the boys in Rome. Before Russ left Italy he made some comments to the reporters that things are really going to happen fast,so like
hang on folks. It felt more to me like he was drunk on power and the words lacked humilty that one would expect from a prophet who gets revelation from God. There was a picture of Wendy and Russ walking towards the Rome temple. It was taken from behind. She was handing unto his arm. I got the impressions that as an old man this has to be a real joy to have a young woman handing unto him. Its like its all about Wendy and Russ and not about Church members.

I am disappointed he met with this corupt and political pope. Even more disappointed he did not call him and his Priesthood boys to repentance. Even more disappointed he did not bear his testimony. Even more disappointed at the little gifts he gave the pope. Compare the two pictures. Pope with gifts from Russ. Pope with bike from Italian Racing Club. Says it all. One is Russ looking like an old man just out of his league. The other a couple of older guys who love their sports.

2. In the last 4 years or so, how many people on this board have had new converts join the Church in their wards. I mean be baptized and stay. Our ward has had zero convert baptisms but lots of children of record baptised in the last 5 years. Add to that question, are the missionaries bringing anyone like investigators to Church these days that would be a blessing to the Church in terms of leadership skills, tithing, teaching skills, etc. People who would add joy to the community. I see nothing in the last 4 to 5 years. I see no investigators.

For those of you who know families that have children on missions are they baptizing people?

The bottom line for this post is this. If you look at Russ, Wendy and the gang, things are looking great. Expensive but looking great. Where the wheel meets the road things are not so great in fact bad. Your thoughts. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 11:27AM

"She was handing unto his arm."

She's his handmaiden ;-)

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 03:43PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2. In the last 4 years or so, how many people on
> this board have had new converts join the Church
> in their wards. I mean be baptized and stay. Our
> ward has had zero convert baptisms but lots of
> children of record baptised in the last 5 years.
> Add to that question, are the missionaries
> bringing anyone like investigators to Church
> these days that would be a blessing to the Church
> in terms of leadership skills, tithing, teaching
> skills, etc. People who would add joy to the
> community.

Your last line in the quote. Does this mean we can Marie Kondo the church membership?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 04:28PM

In all my years in the church, I only saw two people convert. Those two were friends of mine. One has since left. So that's all I've ever seen in 25 years of being on the inside. And those were the golden years of the 1980's.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 04:54PM

"...things are really going to happen fast..."

Yeah, when you get to that age, it does happen fast; I mean if you're lucky enough to get it up at all.

Yup, I went there. Somebody had to. :-)

SRSLY, though, didn't he spout something similar last year before the whole "eat your vitamins" thing?

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: March 13, 2019 05:33PM

I've had several nephews go on missions in the past few years. A few have been assigned in the U.S. and a couple have been in Europe. The only people that I can remember that they've baptized are African refugees. Even then, they haven't had a large number of baptisms. They've only been successful enough to make the missionaries think that they're selling a product that people want and need and that the church is growing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 06:14PM by want2bx.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.