Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 16, 2019 11:11PM

can we just accept that there will never be a winnner an jus move on ~

plz respond ~

thx ~

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 16, 2019 11:23PM

Oh, now, aren't we all winners, except that I weigh more?

Except for the Z man, I can't think of anyone who who would be more an humbled to come in second to Amyjo than me.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 17, 2019 01:26AM

Who let the dogs out??

Nice to see you are still around, old friend!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 05:40PM

I'm giving ziller and elderdog my split vote for best story. Those were great, guys, well done.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 06:11PM

I believe Susie won and is celebrating in heaven with her new celestial marriage renewed vows CZ ring.

I reread her story and it is hilarious. Coffee in the garage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 06:11PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 06:25PM

Although I agree that all the stories were great, it's Susie's year in my mind.

I admired all the talent displayed by the entrants and appreciated their imaginations and writing skill.

A tall order for CZ to adjudicate.

RIP SQ. We clashed a bit way back when - at first I couldn't abide laughter at moism, which was often Susie's go to coping suggestion - as I found no humour at all in my Mormon interlude, and the accounts here from BICs were far worse than my own experience. I have mellowed a bit on that score but still, to me, the only humour in Mormonism, ironically, is that displayed by its ex-members and supportive nevermos who protest with talent (such as satirically) and often other myriad under-stated ways.

Well, maybe I laughed a bit during SMs at the oft-repeated refrain between myself and another convert that "the Emperor has no clothes!" as we struggled to come to terms with this strange church we had joined and stranger yet, felt duty bound to stick with. I was so surprised when I first came to RfM and the Emperor thing was a frequent comment by many. I felt sheepish that I had twigged to that early on but somehow it didn't translate into quickly concluding that the Mormon Church was not what we had thought. Despite being desperately unhappy from my baptism night onwards I tried for three whole long dark years to live up to the "covenants" I had made, even though I had no earthly clue what the heck it was all about. Even the so-called temple class was way short on actual helpful realistic details. Why all the secrecy and obfuscation? A little bit cray-cray from this perspective now.

As for SQ, it's strangely quiet here without her. I'm so glad she submitted a short story and wish she was here to give us another one next time.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 12:30PM

She earned it and it could be in honor to her work over the years.

The entries were so very different in form and content that I think it might be impossible to compare them.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 03:09PM

Here, here!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.