Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 12:15PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 12:21PM

Yes, but:

What did they do with/ how did they distract Hoax while in Rome?
Maybe have him caught scooping coins from the fountain??

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 12:24PM

It's obvious that Nelson is a narcissistic attention whore. Changing "LDS" and "Mormon". Throwing himself a big birthday bash,etc. Meeting with the Pope and getting his picture circulated was probably on his bucket list. He couldn't get the publicity on his own, that he got with meeting the Pope. Nelson, ala Trump, would throw himself a military parade down West Temple if he thought he could get away with it.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 02:14PM

Doesn't the Days of '47 Parade, with a bunch of teens from Bountiful dressed up as the 2,000 stripling warriors count as a military parade?

What other religion has its own parade every year? The entire <bleeping> culture is narcissistic. Nelson is a perfect avatar for LDS Inc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2019 02:17PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: March 21, 2019 01:43PM

I dearly love that display.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 04:54PM

I could see giving Pope John II some praise since he was instrumental in helping take down the Soviet Union and communism in eastern Europe.

Nelson looked like an idiot praising Pope Francis. A pope a large percentage of the Catholic members don't like. I have Catholic friends that no longer participate in their church because they hate Pope Francis and think the church has fallen due to all the scandal and a Pope that seems like he's not even Christian.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 12:49PM

Bruce. That would have been a show as he would have seen himself as David slaying Goliath?

Russ sees himself in the league of Nixon going to China in 1972 as a strategic move in the interest of the country. We had something to offer China and vice versa. Resolution of diplomatic isolation.

Mormonism has nothing to offer the Pope except perhaps asylum the way things are going with lawsuits and bad publicity.

Date: March 19, 2019 05:00PM

I think Bruce just would have refused to go. He would have gone to the temple dedication but I don't think that man would even step a foot in the Vatican. I doubt Ezra Taft Benson would either because Pope Francis behaves like a communist.

I grew up with church leaders that were more about principle than public relations. The whole PR church began with Gordon B. Hinckley. I think past prophets would be quite disgusted at Nelson's show boating.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 01:59PM

I don't think that arrogant Bruce would have had a personal meeting. He'd be lucky to be shown the Vatican parking lot.

Edit: I think that both religions have lost favor and prestige throughout the world. Neither has much influence like they once did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2019 02:01PM by messygoop.

Date: March 19, 2019 05:13PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think that arrogant Bruce would have had a
> personal meeting. He'd be lucky to be shown the
> Vatican parking lot.
>
> Edit: I think that both religions have lost favor
> and prestige throughout the world. Neither has
> much influence like they once did.

Two leaders of two failing church's meet and nobody really gives a damn. Heck even most LDS members care more about March Madness than what Russ is doing.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 04:35PM

Bruce R. meets a whore - would make for a great Chruch News article

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 05:49PM

the other current 14 would have thrown BRM out of the plane during the flight.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 11:58PM

Bruce and the rest would have been a little more prickish. Anyone remember Lee, and Smith, Petersen, Benson, and Packer. These were not nice men, but very rigid, they were never wrong or would admit it....

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 12:15AM

They would have arranged the meeting just so that they could challenge the Pope to a no-holds-barred wrestling competition. And the whole time Bruce and Joseph Fielding Smith were wrestling the Pope, Joseph Fielding Smith's third wife, Jessie Evans Smith, would be loudly singing "Oh~how the Scarlet Who~re of Babylon has Fallen" in the Pope's ear.

Mark E. Petersen, the getaway driver, would be waiting in a souped-up Cadillac outside the gates of the Vatican. As soon as Bruce and Joseph Fielding Smith succeeded in subduing the Pope and rendering him unconscious, Jessie Evans would grab the beanie, Bruce would grab the crucifix necklace and Joseph Fielding Smith would grab the slippers and head out to the getaway car.

Once safely back in Temple Square, the trophies from their epic beat-down of the Pope would be put on display for the faithful to view, so that all could marvel at the modern day miracle, which thenceforth would forever be formally known as the "Vindication of the Restoration" and more informally known as "The Day the Prophet Kicked the Pope's Gluteus Maximus."

True story, 100%, can't be denied!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 21, 2019 03:57PM

^
|
My vote for the Essay Contest for the living. Susie has my vote for the posthumous winner.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.