Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 11:53AM

Emma drank both.

"Sister Emma, in the mean time, asked the old lady if she would have a cup of tea to refresh her after the fatigues of the journey, or a cup of coffee."
https://www.fairmormon.org/answers/Word_of_Wisdom/Joseph_Smith_used_tea

When Joe's School of Prophets and other meetings invited drinking and tobacco, Emma was the original "church cleaning" solution and hated cleaning up after these "spiritually" enlightened meetings. So she asked her husband to get him a revelation and he did - she was saved from tobacco but had to support the idea that God hates coffee and tea as well as alcohol.

If LDS Corp accepts coffee and tea as acceptable beverages (both are 200 time 200 percent better than sugar or diet soda) then women win and they might as well be welcomed into the corps' highest quorums of leaders. They might as well just do like Joe hinted.

https://www.fairmormon.org/answers/Question:_Did_Joseph_Smith_intend_to_ordain_women_to_the_priesthood%3F

But there is always a male caveat....

If they did ordain women to high callings, they probably would only if they were married. Sorry Sheri. You just won't Dew.

"Some of the sisters have thought that these sisters mentioned were, in this ordination, ordained to the priesthood. And for the information of all interested in this subject I will say, it is not the calling of these sisters to hold the Priesthood, only in connection with their husbands, they being one with their husbands."
~John Taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 20, 2019 12:00PM

Women would have more time for callings if they weren't married, but less interest I suspect.

They'd also have more energy and chutzpah with a caffeine spike now and then, but it would be better spent elsewhere. :)

Date: March 21, 2019 04:20PM

Mormon women should start something like this.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/dianegaddis/works/21746823-lips-that-touch-liquor

Except their motto could be, "Lips that touch lovely tea and coffee can touch mine."

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 12:32PM

I just watched the new and improved temple ceremony.

Women will definitely be getting the priesthood outside the temple, perhaps next month.

The new wording also set up gay marriage, separating sealing from marriage, no garments outside the temple...

They are skipping gen x and going after young millennial and gen z

Date: March 25, 2019 12:01PM

icanseethelight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Women will definitely be getting the priesthood
> outside the temple, perhaps next month.

I doubt it.

> The new wording also set up gay marriage,
> separating sealing from marriage, no garments
> outside the temple...

LOL! If they separate sealing from marriage it is because they are protecting "traditional" marriage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.