Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 12:03PM

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/kirby/2019/03/24/kirby-is-that-message-god/

>>Is that a message from God or the devil? Hey, revelations can be as different as night and day.

>>Nothing drives this home more than comparing myself to other Latter-day Saints who go on about whatever special relationship they have with God.

President Nelson's wife:

>My husband will say during the night, ‘OK, Dear, it’s happening,’” she said. “I just remain quiet and then soon he’s sitting up at the side of the bed writing, now with a lighted pen that someone gave him.”

There's progress for you. Joseph Smith used to have to put his head in his hat...

Kirby (according to Irene):

>>“He snores. Sometimes I have to put my feet on him and shove him onto the floor to get him to stop. You should hear what he’s inspired to say when that happens. It may be a revelation, but it isn’t from God.”

>>And herein lies the problem. If you believe it’s possible to receive spiritual revelation, how can you tell whether it’s from God or the devil?

That's a nice illustration of what happens after spending too many hours behind the wheel, whether you're a cop or a cabdriver.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 01:03PM

Nicely done.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 05:10PM

honk

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 11:45PM

Come on, this one has to draw some very negative attention from the prophetess.

This is one of his best as far as I'm concerned and gives us all a glimpse of how he really feels about the current direction the leadership is going. How can anyone keep a straight face when Wendy talks?

Good for Kirby!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 11:49AM

"...a lighted pen that someone gave him."

And Jesus touched like Jaredite stones...

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 02:47PM

Oh man. Nail, meet hammer.

I don't get how Rusty's minions think that anything that comes into his head must be from gawdalmighty for the sole reason that he's the supposed profit-o-gawd. Isn't the Bible and the Book of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, chalk full of stories of the devil appearing to, and trying to deceive the holy prophets?

It would be absolutely hilarious if, in a fit of dementia, he was dreaming about Little House on the Prairie and woke up and wrote down that women must now only wear prairie dresses. I wonder how many "it was only a dream--a crazy dream like everyone has at times" we'd hear.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 12:09AM

then I want none of him. This is what is IMPORTANT in the world today? In the families of his followers? Really?

I truly believed they talked to God, that they got revelation UNTIL we know when. March 22, 1983. They still haven't thought what I needed answers to was important, but you can't call us mormons anymore.

I think Kirby did such an excellent job of making Russ out to be a total fool with Wendy by his side as #1 fool.

Posted by: anonyXmo ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 12:18AM

SL Cabbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> President Nelson's wife:
>
> >My husband will say during the night, ‘OK,
> Dear, it’s happening,’” she said. “I just
> remain quiet and then soon he’s sitting up at
> the side of the bed writing, now with a lighted
> pen that someone gave him.”

For some reason I pictured the context of this scene with Russ politely climaxing during sex with her. Now I got that image stuck in my head

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.