Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:38PM

Again this Sunday, the Board was sneakily attacked.

Remember, if you want to keep the Board, to help and support ourselves and others through their Recovery from Mormonism, support the Board!

The Board relies on donations from members, no one running the Board is paid. As you can tell today, constant vigilance is required.

Click the "Donate" button on the main page whenever you can, to keep supporting the Board.

Just a reminder!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:43PM

The board has been attacked many, many times over the years and is still here. When it is temporarily shut down, that is bad. Of course we should report rule breaking and suspected trolls, but I am not particularly wworried that the board will be destroyed.. For the most part, the threats are annoying and the mods deal with them quickly.

Date: March 24, 2019 05:11PM

Bona,

My point was, that the former patron who paid the expenses of keeping the Board running, is no longer able to do so, and that the Board relies on support donations. :)

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 05:29PM

We have been sending contributions for quite a while too.Running board is expensive but I am not sure we are in worse financial trouble now that in the past. Maybe a mod can weigh in.Of course supporting the board is always good.

Date: March 24, 2019 05:33PM

Yes, that was all I was doing, just reminding people, if they can, to send a donation. :)

Maintaining the connectivity, backing up huge amounts of data, supporting the software, paying specialized help when the Board is knocked off-line due to attacks....I was just reminding so people who can, will remember.

Have a good day, everyone!!!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 05:42PM

Date: March 24, 2019 08:29PM

Cheryl,

:). :). :)

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 09:47PM

Topped

Posted by: prayingmantix ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 04:12PM

I gave anonymous donations in the past, but the administration is not what it once was. I'm a long-time poster and not using my usual screen name for this, for obvious reasons.

Seems like anything even remotely resembling a pro-POTUS opinion is immediately deleted. Used to be we couldn't discuss politics AT ALL, and then when the rule changed I was excited to see we could discuss some politics. But really, you can't share your own political opinion. You can't threaten the echo chamber. Better to have no political discussion at all than to pretend it's anything other than totally biased.

Further, whenever someone lies about mormonism, and they're called out, the person who exposes the lie is immediately targeted as a "mormon apologist" and their posts are deleted, when really we're just trying to keep the conversation honest.

Keep the conversation more fair and balanced and I'll start donating again. I'd be happy to.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 02:03AM

Actually, it is not at all obvious why you are not usuing your usual screen name. Seems gutless to me. You can't make a complaint under your own already anonymous screen name? I can.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 26, 2019 12:51AM

The first time you asked for donations, I was able to follow the step-by-step directions and actually donate.

Since I never was a "properly registered" member, maybe that's why I don't see a "donate" button.

Aside from that one post a couple of months ago, I never had a clear, easy-to-follow guide to contributing. You know, like "Go here, press that, yada yada. . ."

I am more than willing to donate more - I just can't find instructions on how to do so. I am completely sincere about this!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.