Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:55PM

. . . went to church today . . .

I guess this dude didn't get the memo about what to wear to church . . .

The guy (age 30s) wore casual pants, tennis shoes, dark hoodie, and a green camouflage baseball hat. Never removed hat for prayers or anything . . . sat by a married couple with no kids- maybe a relative or friend?

if anyone's wondering (highly unlikely) the dude partook of the holy bread & water.

I also saw a few women in dark slacks. They seemed to be the semi-active types or maybe visitors talked into attending . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 06:09PM

I thought the three Nephites traveled together.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 10:53PM

Only when performing at rock concerts.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 08:11PM

I think that’s great. The more disrespectful people are the less a hold the cult has on them.

At the Baptist church by my house almost everyone attend in their T-shirts and jeans, even the band up front are dressed like that. The services are televised. The pastor usually wears a dressy shirt and jeans or khakis, never seen him in a tie.

Most are carrying their bibles. I believe the takeaway is that everyone is welcome and it doesn’t matter how you dress.

The cult could learn a little something there about welcoming people.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 10:38PM

...and not terribly out of place. Our apparel ranges from casual shirt & jeans to jacket and tie, and everything in between. I don't see T-shirts, but a fair number of hoodies and fleece.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 08:29PM

In many 3rd World wards, that guy would be totally styling!

In my 2.5th World mission, we never mentioned anything about what to wear to church, we just wanted them to show up. I've always assumed that all Americans grew up knowing that church required Sunday go-to-meeting clothes.

Whereas in my mission, they grew up knowing/seeing that anything goes for the poor people when it comes to going to mass.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.