Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: catholicrebel ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 06:56PM

Is it just me or did it seem that practically anyone who could be labeled as “white” including “white hispanics” received the tribe of Ephraim in their blessing? However Hispanics with physical features that were labeled as “Indigenous” got the tribe of “Manessah”. I honestly rarely heard of other tribes being said except on rare occasions where I heard one woman from Ukraine received the tribe of “Dan”.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 07:15PM

Mine said through the loins of Ephraim

Date: April 06, 2019 07:21PM

Are you serious? LOL!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 07:33PM

Yes I was about 14 years old at the time

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 07:35PM

An Ashkenazi Jewish woman got baptized into my ward when I was a kid. Word got around really fats that her patriarchal (or patriarticle, as everybody pronounces it) said she was from the tribe of Judah.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 07:43PM

I am Brown, and thus my 'patriarticle' blessing labeled me as a scion of Manasseh. But I have only spread my seed within the tribe of Ephraim...culminating with the Sweetest Spirit ever, although she do gotz a mouth on her!

Yep, been living large!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 08:54PM

Living large and loving it.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 12:48AM

I could never figure out how my entire TBM family and my father's, grandfather's, great-great grandfather, and on back to JS's neighbor were all of the tribe of Ephriam, but one of my father's brother's PB said he was of Manasseh.

Aren't these ancestral tribes of blood relatives?

My Manasseh uncle went on a mission, graduated from Stanford University, married a good Mormon woman, and their first child died a few months after she was born. Then their life began to fall apart, and their marriage. Manasseh cheated on his wife, got divorced, left the cult, and married his mistress--and I swear my relatives thought that Manasseh patriarchal blessing was true! The church is true!

My parents didn't bother to schedule a PB for me, though I asked to have one, repeatedly. I never did get one. All my brothers got theirs (all Ephriams, but one brother turned out to be evil). Did my parents not think I was worth the bother because I was a girl? Was I not obedient enough to be worthy of a PB? Did God not have any promises for me? Many years later, I was talking with our patriarch's daughter, and she told me that the patriarch and my father hated each other. I remember them arguing in Sunday school class. My father was a liberal Mormon, and the patriarch was a conservative fanatic Mormon. Back in those days, the entire church was more liberal, but now the reactionary fanatics seem to be in power. My lack of a blessing had nothing to do with me, at all.

Date: April 07, 2019 08:25AM

Of course it didn’t. :) Also, the explanation I was always given was that if a sibling or other family member had a different tribe from you, it’s because either A. We all basically have multiple heritages in us anyway and that particular tribe was the strongest in you or B. You were adopted into the tribe according to the qualties of your spirit so you can have a different tribe from a family member. Now, I am a mutt as I call myself. I have multiple heritages. My ancestors span the globe. I have light skin but dark hair and brown eyes. Irish is strong in my bloodline but we have Spanish ancestors in the family tree from Seville and signs are pointing back to them having been Sephardic Jews. I know I have Native American heritage but I’m still trying to confirm if I have a link in Mexico or not though I think I do. I am fluent in Spanish and most assume I am Hispanic. I have been asked if I was from Spain before. I got the tribe of Epharim in my blessing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 08:27AM by catholicrebel.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 08:46AM

I thought I was so special when I was told I was from the tribe of Judah. As I got older I learned that my last name is a very common Jewish last name. It was not a stretch for the Patriarch by any means.

Posted by: dinosaurprincess ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 10:09AM

My uncle was told he was from a different tribe from his own brothers. Uh oh, grandma was with the milkman! Hahaha.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.