Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 01:26PM

I don't like how mormons seem to think they are so very special and entitled to privileges the rest of us don't have.

Tell them to kindly not preach their religion at you and they might nod as if they understand, but they still show up at the door expecting to preach their religion. This can happen hundreds of times and they never seem to "get it."

They also seem to think that others should appreciate and honor them for having weird ideas. I don't mind that people have strange religious ideas until they expect special favors or honors based on such foolishness.

Everyone has a right to believe dumb things, but they don't have a right to expect others to pretend to think that the dumb ideas mean they are smart and are entitled to undeserved respect.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 05:56PM

Okay, okay! I'll stop preaching how playing golf can make you the man or woman your ancestors expected you to be. You'll just be ordinary now, instead of Special, like me.

On your head be it!

Posted by: Valium and Pepsi ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 05:58PM

I don't understand how the Mormons can demand that "undeserved respect" of others, yet have no respect for others in return.

I think they get "respect" through bullying and intimidation.

They don't respect children as intelligent human beings, with real thoughts and feelings, who are developing into autonomous adults.

They don't respect our privacy. They poke their nose into it, right down to our sexuality and our underwear.

They don't respect our property. They are constantly trespassing, and banging on our door.

They don't respect "no" for an answer.

They think they are above the law. Watch them in traffic, in supermarket lines, in politics, in business, in the community.

They demand privileges, yet try to take away the privileges of others.

Remember when Mormons used to proudly call themselves "A Peculiar People?" I think that was one of their advertising campaigns.

Yeah, I'm very tire of always having to tip-toe around them, and remain silent and submissive, while they get away with behaving like loud, arrogant bullies. Yes, they not only get away with that behavior, they are rewarded for it.

Date: April 09, 2019 06:37PM

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 06:00PM

Mormons know they are The One True Church(TM).

From that place, everyone is beneath them.

Every cult believes it is the best, truest, mostest.

Their 'special' status is self appointed. Therefore, it is imaginary. And we regard it as such.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 06:45PM

Their manipulative fake love.

Posted by: catholicrebel ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 07:25PM

Nothing irked me more than no other testimony being valid than the Mormon testimony. Anyone else’s experiences were just evidence they weren’t faithful enough, praying enough, serving enough, or reading the scriptures with an open heart, not that perhaps the church was full of crap. An inactive Mormon sealed in the Temple is better off to them than a faithful Catholic, Protestant, or anyone else who loves and serves others with kindness. Who lives according to their faith with love and kindness or heck lives even without practicing a religion with love and kindness because it was never about love or one’s ability to choose in TSCC but simply being in TSCC period and sealed. Even an inactive Mormon is above all of those simply for being Mormon and sealed, even though being inactive is a huge no no. The missionary I loved couldn’t marry me because TSCC got inside his head. I would never be enough as a Mormon convert who resigned from TSCC and returned to the Catholic faith. He would never reach exaltation with someone as “low” as me. Forget the fact that I did basically everything he did... prayed every day, went to church every Sunday, taught Sunday School, gave to charity, treated others with love and kindness. Of course here’s what makes me really unworthy I am a major coffee drinker and tithe what my budget will allow which isn’t 10% and it may vary according to the month. Forget that time is also a form of alms giving, along with helping those in need. Forget I read the BOM with a sincere heart multiple times and simply could not gain a testimony of a God who constantly changes his mind and judges his own creation according to the way he created them and uses it against them. (The dark skin doctrine blows me away and pisses me off.) Forget the fact I LOVED him not because he would exalt me but because he was the best thing that ever happened to me in my eyes Mormon or non-Mormon. It wasn’t a factor. It was HIM I loved. But... no... he needed a bride in a funny looking veil or it was all over... God would never allow us to spend eternity together if we didn’t wear those garments, do those hand shakes, and he call me out of my grave with my “new name”. Forget the fact we treated ALL of God’s creation with love and didn’t judge others and were just downright good people. It wouldn’t ever be enough for our LOVING Heavenly Father and his plan of HAPPINESS for us to choose any other way to him but a ceremony ripped off from FREEMASONRY. Well, sweetheart you got your goddess now. I hope you enjoy exaltation together. Your Catholic ex-lover. Who you loved so much but it just wouldn’t work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2019 05:01PM by catholicrebel.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 10:27PM

OOOOOOOOH, Catholicrebel, I wish you would print that up and send it to your Mormon ex! What an expressive zinger. You really know your Mormonism!

I'm sure you've been told this before, which probably makes it true: you dodged a bullet by breaking it off with that missionary!

You seem like a good person, and I hope you find someone really worthy of you, and who appreciates you for who you are.

Yes, I remember the Mormons labeling themselves as "A Peculiar People." or "This People." The singluar pronoun used to describe the plural noun makes the wording more Mormon-y and sooo profound. Where do they come up with this garbage?

Posted by: catholicrebel ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 05:09PM

I do. :-) I tried to put on that fake smile and obey but it just wasn’t me. I fixed my typos that I made since I had fingers of lightening while typing it, all in my feels. I constantly make typos on here when I post from my phone. :-/ I do wish I could send it to him. It might cause an uproar though. :-) I am talking to someone now, who is also Catholic. I was in an abusive marriage in my past and I have children so I’m taking it very slow with this man. However, I may be on to something. :-) One thing that feels amazing is knowing I can just be me and it is downright good enough! No one telling me I need to do more in order to be more. I am already enough.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: April 09, 2019 10:36PM

Mormons treat everyone like children. Grown adults told what to wear, how to do their hair, how many earrings they can (or can't) have, whom, they can marry, what they can (or can't) drink, etc. If anyone pushes back, they say, "Shh! We know best." Leaders are taught to treat members this way and everyone gets used to it.

Not enough volunteers to clean the church bathrooms? Keep calling and pestering and lecturing people until they show up.

Somebody has an idea of a non-church-authorized instrument to play in sacrament meeting? Oh no you don't.

Someone says that they are not interested in the church? How silly. Of course you're interested. Let me tell you all about it.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 12:44AM

but I was the female. He said he'd convert (though I knew he didn't believe or shall we say, I didn't really believe anyone would convert), but he wouldn't serve a mission and I wanted a return missionary. As I write that, I also know it was more than that. I didn't really believe that he wanted me--ME? The mormons rejected me, why would he want me? So I let him go for that TM.

I have him back now, for 14 years now. After 27 years, he got a divorce and we have been together since.

Even my mormon boss told me for years I should have married him and he is the one who got us back together.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 12:48AM

Exactly, Cheryl. There is always this attitude. They are so caught up in their own little insanity, that they can't see how offensive what they are doing is. I've said I really love my neighbors. They are good people and I adore their kids, but the invitations to church events.

The wife invited me to the R.S. birthday party a few weeks ago. I could copy the text on here, but I will just say that she said something about "getting out and seeing people" while I was working almost 40 hours a week at Sam's Club and hate going anywhere since I'm away from home so much and DEAD TIRED. I DON'T WANT TO GO. How many times do I have to turn you down for you to NOT GET IT???? No, I don't believe deep down. How rude do I have to get?

Date: April 10, 2019 05:37AM

So this person insists you must "get out and see people?" As if "people" means local mormons. Good grief. She thinks she can dictate your life because she's a mormon and you are not.

My TBM sister and her TBM daughter decided to step in when my nice exmormon sister had terminal cancer. They hadn't bothered to communicate with her for decades but thought she should return to mormonism before dying.

My nice sister tactfully told them to please not take turns sending mormon materials weekly. She wasn't interested and if they wanted to help, they could send little non-religious personal messages.

TBM mother and daughter said the sick sister needed to take their religious messages to heart because they meant well. They kept taking turns sending mormon scriptures, conference quotes and other mormon dogma every week.

When sis died, none of them bothered to attend her funeral or send bereavement cards. What they did is to start sending mormon propaganda to her bereaved husband. He didn't like it but he refused to offend them by telling them so.

He died and they started in on me. I told them they were ghoulish and offensive and I didn't want to hear anything from them again.

Now they only communicate with an exmo brother who puts up with the mormon junk because he thinks they're freakishly funny.

Mormons think they're being nice when they are intrusive and when they refuse to respect anyone's choices but their own. Talking to them is like talking to can of corn.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 11:12AM

-When sis died, none of them bothered to attend her funeral or send bereavement cards. What they did is to start sending mormon propaganda to her bereaved husband. He didn't like it but he refused to offend them by telling them so.

I find that disgusting and repulsive.

Why don't they share these type of stories in their meetings?

Chapter 21 How to act and think like a rational human being on Earth

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 05:56PM

They only love folks that are the same as themselves.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 09:00PM

What bothers me most is that as members get older, into their thirties and are still willing to live in an Orwellian world. By then they have the developed frontal lobe and enough experience to question that whole scene.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I never was of the mind set that the Mormon Church or any other authority was going to tell me what I could read or what questions I could ask.

For a short time, I followed the rules to get into the temple because I had fallen for the spiel that this was a path that led to heaven and happiness. But once inside that place, the temple asked me to slit my own throat, obey my husband, and give everything I had to the church and obey, obey, obey and I DIDN'T HAVE ANY FOREWARNING. I WAS JUST SUPPOSED TO AGREE RIGHT THEN AND THERE. What in the hell was sacred about this? No, it was scary and ridiculous, and was definitely one of the issues that began my journey to unravel the church, know for sure that it was a fraud and a crazy cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.