Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 10:24PM

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/wisconsin-state-rep-earth-6000-years-old-thats-fact/

While leading an attack on academic freedom at the University of Wisconsin, Rep. Jesse Kremer says he is certain the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Kremer, a documented Christian extremist and an intellectually incompetent buffoon is currently leading the charge to pass legislation that would expel or suspend students who disrupt speakers at the University of Wisconsin.

Kremer is the author of a controversial campus free speech bill that would intrude “on the University of Wisconsin System’s authority to run its campuses” and would “squelch expression — not encourage it.”

The following is an excerpt from a report on the GOP attempt to stifle academic freedom at the University of Wisconsin:

Rep. Terese Berceau, a Madison Democrat, was quizzing Rep. Jesse Kremer, her Republican colleague from Kewaskum, at a hearing for his proposed Campus Free Speech Act before the state Assembly’s Committee on Colleges and Universities recently.

Berceau wondered what would happen under the bill — which requires University of Wisconsin System institutions to be neutral on “controversies of the day” — if a student in a geology class argued the Biblical theory that the earth is only 6,000 years old.

“Is it okay for the professor to tell them they’re wrong?” Berceau asked during the lengthy session on May 11.

“The earth is 6,000 years old,” Kremer offered. “That’s a fact.”

The stupid, it burns.

This is not the first time Rep. Kremer has revealed a profound ignorance coupled with a love for Christian superstition.

Previously the dazed and confused Wisconsin lawmaker made the ludicrous claim that the separation of church and state is a “complete fabrication,” while arguing that the U.S. is a “Christian nation.”

As for his legislation, Kremer’s Campus Free Speech Act is not meant to foster free speech. Instead, the bill is meant to punish and silence students who dare to protest speech they find offensive. It would in essence, punish protesters for exercising their right to free speech.

Bottom line: Kremer is not only an ignorant buffoon, he is also a dangerous religious extremist. His “Campus Free Speech Act” would have the effect of not promoting free speech, but punishing and silencing speech.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 10:52PM

I took a quick saint at your topic line and misread it as “age of the earth is a *fart*

I like that better. :)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 02:32AM

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 11:09PM

6000 year old earth? Flat earth? Geocentric solar system?

Ignorant notions that have been decisively disproven centuries ago seem to be coming back to life in recent years. Are people getting stupider, or does the Information Age just give every crockpot a soapbox to speak to the masses?

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 11:12PM

Kremmers Campus free speech act..."It would in essence, punish protesters for exercising their right to free speech."

This sounds like he's fighting against antifa. In other words He's fighting for the 1st amendment freedom of speech. As for the earth being 6000 years old I found this new evidence that completely destroys what mainstream scientists have been saying for decades that man has only been around for 60,000 years and that the earth is much older.

Now someone found a fossil of a mans foot squishing a bug and it's 500 million years old! I guess the Flintstones and the Bible is right after all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os4CzJHf9dg
(All the college textbooks need to be rewritten)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 01:02AM

"Punishing protestors for exercising their right to free speech [is] fighting for the 1st amendment freedom of speech."

My God.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2019 11:41PM

The Flintstones is not a documentary.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 01:40AM

Now unless you think that D&C stands for "Delusions & Crap" you must accept that our beloved mega Church considers D&C 77:6 to be a sacred doctrine. Thus we can be sure that the only people who could possibly think that the earth is older than 6000 years are all the people who are not true believers in this wondrous restoration we got from Joseph Smith Jun. which is now led by 15 super powerful Seers and Revelators in SLC.

Posted by: lachesis ( )
Date: April 12, 2019 10:55AM

Well, the Earth IS only 6,000 years old. Where were you in Sunday School? Just because the Earthy parts and all that other stuff is millions of years old, it all came from OTHER planets that were that old or older. Some of the pieces still had bones of animals that lived on those planets. That's why you don't find dinosaur bones all over the Earth. God disassembled those other planets and used so-far undetectable Godly superglue to piece them together to make Earth. And he did that 6,000 years ago. And no scientist can prove otherwise.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 12, 2019 12:17PM

The Australian aborigines go back at least 40,000 years. Maybe they arrived via Jaredite space barge from Kolob and swore not to remember the journey.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 06:32PM

What I'm about to write will make the haters of truth shake in their boots.

Sometimes its got to be so confusing to people investigating the Church. Who is telling the truth? Those pesky critics who poke holes in everything in the foundations of this beloved gospel that requires all the foundation elements to be true (or else)? Or these nice 18 year old ELDERly men with white shirts, ties, and name tag whose job it is to be super honest and diligent in getting honest answers to investigators? I take comfort knowing that when the investigators get online and look up the Church's detailed financial reports, statistical reports, and other information that they can read, ponder, and then be much better prepared to really pray about who is telling the truth and who isn't.

Oh this reminds me that my credibility has really taken a nosedive around here because I still haven't provided that super important link to the Church's latest financial summary report where you can see for yourself how awesomely transparent this Church is. Oh where is that link so I can have some hope of getting some credibility?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.