Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SixAM ( )
Date: April 13, 2019 03:45AM

I felt like I was the only one that had an issue with the church. That everyone else in my ward was buying everything and were totally into it. I was the only one that thought the church was being petty about white shirts, double ear piercings, coffee and tea. I thought I was somehow missing something because deep down I didn't really care if gay people married eachother. I thought I was wrong to see it as unequal how the church sidelines sisters and doesn't allow them into most leadership positions.

And my spouse, would tell me I was incorrect. My interpretation of the scriptures was wrong.

I always felt lesser.

But, I see the church is shrinking. I am hearing stories of others who are like me and don't go along with everything in their heart.

I am not alone, I don't think I am even the minority in the church now. The TBMs, really are a small but highly vocal portion of the church. They are the only ones allowed to talk.

But, what they have been doing lately is yelling angrily about how the world isn't doing what they want it to do, That members aren't acting the way they are "supposed to".

Well, good. Your head has been in the sand and the world is passing you by. This church was founded on crap and it deserves to die. The leadership has fought at every turn anything that would make them legitimate or good for humanity.

Good riddance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 13, 2019 06:34AM

The main value of RfM is to help us feel we are not alone. At least that's how I've always seen it.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 13, 2019 07:37AM

Exactly. Not only can’t TSCC be redeemed, it shouldn’t be redeemed. It was founded in pure treachery and deceit. The Brighamite breakaway sect (apostates from Joseph’s church) added yet more treachery and deceit.

While it’s true that you can lie your way into a spiritual belief system and have that system work, such a thing should not be honored. Cuckolding power trippers have never spoken for God. The BoM is a commercial sham, not ancient scripture. Church leaders have no interest in or intention of pursuing the truth. It would destroy their racket.

I felt alone too. A stranger in a strange land. Sometimes intensely alone, but I know that’s an illusion. It’s the feeling you get when you value your sanity. I was never alone, with never be alone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 07:51AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 13, 2019 11:49AM

"But, what they have been doing lately is yelling angrily about how the world isn't doing what they want it to do, That members aren't acting the way they are "supposed to"."

Is it Russ and Wendy and their antics? I'm very much OUT of the church. I felt much more alone in the church than I ever have outside of it. I've just been shocked by Russ and Wendy. Never seen anything like it in my almost 62 years of life including ETB. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention as much to ETB. I can tell Russ is even bothering my TBM daughter.

This is a great place to discuss how you are feeling. It really opened my eyes as I was still holding on to some things about mormonism like I should respect the leaders. It helped me heal A LOT to read here.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 03:59AM

Welcome. This site is filled with wonderful humor, wonderful wisdom, and just plain wonderful wonder and awe for the planet we live on.

I think you will find community here, and as the saying goes, "Take what you like, and leave the rest".

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 12:42PM

TBMs often feel alone. So much so that in the 80s this was one heck of a popular song for them.

https://www.lds.org/study/new-era/1984/01/youre-not-alone?lang=eng

No matter how much Mormon people pretend to have it all together their church sets impossible standards and numbs mere living of life through busy work, meetings, and fake friendships.

Mormonism even with a large built in networking of people organization is often cold and lonely.

I have 1 kid on a mission and 2 almost ready to go. My wife has had only a couple people comment to her about it. These people are unique in that they feel touched by my little family's sacrifices for their church. Most don't give two craps.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 12:52PM

Finding your "own people" is critical to having some happiness in your life--not feeling alone.

Being understood and appreciated for who you are is one of life's great gifts. I never got that from being with Mormons. I was as good at facade building as any of them, talented even, but I knew deep down that is what the front was.

RFM is somewhat addictive for me because a shared past is of great value in a relationship.

The down side of feeling alone as a Mormon for me was bottling up and denying and burying my true feelings all the way to China. Finally unearthing them decades later was volcanic. This is a good place to unearth and be understood and appreciated because you never could swallow the Mormon agenda.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:03AM

Sometimes I wish I had multiple personalities, at least three others, and then I could take up Bridge again.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.