Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pied Piper ( )
Date: April 14, 2019 08:26PM

Anyone here with experiences being searched by the Garment police lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: April 14, 2019 10:18PM

When I was a new member I was at a ward pinic. Not sure if it was a garment check or just a loose cannon coping a feel but all I know was I heard a woman scream, followed by a loud ringing like sound and a stream of vulgarity that would make a sailor blush.

Seem this kid that was the stake presidents son took too liberal an touch on a guy's wife.

The guy took the kid by the shirt, slammed him against a support beam of the bowery and chewed him out. Then threatened him. I did notice one or two women holding their husbands from going to help the kid. Who had apparently done some checking on too many of them.

Posted by: Pied Piper ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 12:05AM

Haha that's funny. I had one guy I hadn't seen in years he saw me sitting down at the mall and he comes over sits right next to me and starts rubbing on my knees I think the bastard was trying to feel the Garment line or whatever lol Mormons are indeed weird and creepy.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 01:26AM

context is that some mormons, 'leaders' or not, think they have the right to know if you're wearing Gs, therefore if you're 'worthy', ha ha.

Most Everything in/about Mormonism is a giant pretext.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 01:33AM

I found at BYU that young women interested in snagging a worthy husband knew how to quickly find evidence that a young man was wearing garments.

If you were wearing garments but no wedding ring, it was a nice place to be young and horny.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 02:49AM

How about the touchy-feelie of your extended pregnant belly by male priesthood pricks in the ward, even the old wrinkled farts, sometimes accompanied by creepy or sexual comments like, "Oh, haven't we been busy lately", or "It was a cold winter, wasn't it?"

These touches happened fast, took you off guard, just like the garment feel-ups. Where was my sharp wacking-stick when I needed it.

Did anyone else experience this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2019 02:51AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 07:52AM

people feel free to touch your pregnant belly? I was working in an office at the time of my twin pregnancy and I was SHOCKED by how many people rubbed my belly.

My garment feel up: My husband had left with his boyfriend and was headed to California. Was taking a 6 week leave of absence to find a job in CA. I decided to take the kids to church as I was searching for answers to my situation. I bought them new clothes, as well as buying my niece a new dress (she was living with me and was 18). So the prior bishop, who my husband had been ex. sec. to, came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder and, sure enough, got the garment feel up. I had been inactive for several years in preparation for the end of my marriage. He asked me where my husband was. I should have told him. He and his wife are still not over the shock of the reality of our lives. It has been 24 years since he left.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: April 15, 2019 03:48PM

At BYU Idaho there was a required course FA-100, which I think was just intended to introduce you to the Rexburg arts scene. Anyway, one of the things I attended was a musical performance that included a rendition of the "RM Check."

This musical number explained how girls do the "RM Check" (aka Garment check) when eyeing potential dates/mates.

Honestly, I think things like this (maybe on a subconscious level) helped me begin to realize that I didn't fit in with this crowd.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.