Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:02AM

Has anyone here had or know of a Bp experience with a TRI or other 'worthiness' situations involving the Herb & ChurchCo?

IOW, is there a 'policy' that Bps are obligated to follow (in non-medical situations)?

I'm curious, these new things are my only interest in ChurchCo matters, but they keep on popping up!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:08AM

I'm trying to interpret your post but I am lost.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:16AM

Are bishops in locales where recreational marijuana is legal, allowing otherwise worthy members to get a temple recommend if the member mentions that he or she smoka da dopa?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:21AM

also, how about callings for 'needed' positions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 01:26AM by GNPE.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:13PM

Isn’t that “mota” to you?

Date: April 16, 2019 04:26PM

Yes, but ya gotz to know yer audience! Plus the rhyme scheme with 'smoka da dopa' is so cute! What am I gonna do with 'mota'?

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:38AM

I know of a Dr who was formerly a bishop, when asked for a medical prescription treated it like any other prescription. Fully versed in the process and very professional about it. My impression was if he was still a bishop medical use wouldn't be an issue. Not sure about recreational use though.

Date: April 16, 2019 02:38AM

Maybe if the Rusty announced that recreational use of Pepsi is okay, then we'd have some guidance?

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 07:16AM

A member in my ward admitted to getting high a few days before her worthiness interview. She said she repented. TR renewed. No additional questions asked.

I imagine this is a similar problem that the FBI and CIA were having with too many qualified people unable to get security clearance because of past drug infractions. At a certain point, you're forced to relax the antiquated and arbitrary standards.

Edit: She's white, attractive, relatively wealthy, and comes from an active family. The same bishop has withheld a TR from a black convert for coffee violations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 10:39AM by levantlurker.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 08:39AM

For example, I have a step father (87) who is in chronic pain, and his TBM family have opted to try cannabis (pill form, etc). They've also opted to keep this private from the church, fearing the local leadership would object. There is no known policy specifically for cannabis - yet.

C'mon Jesus doesn't give the Russy and Wendy show revelation that quickly.

Look how long it took Jesus to approve Coca Cola? What 30 years?

Just maybe...maybe some night, around 3am, Jesus will contact Russy, upon which he will say, "Wendy it's happening again." Then Wendy will give him the pen light and pad. Then Russy will ask Wendy to leave the room, upon which Russy will receive a vision of a doobie wrapped in white, and Jesus will partake of it in front of Russy, "this smoke in remembrance of me."

We may be awhile from that though.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: April 16, 2019 01:05PM

And not a question will be asked about oxys, hydros, or xanax while the country is in a serious crisis and people are actually dying.

We need more cannibis acceptance nationally.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 17, 2019 04:58PM

What does legality have to do with it? They'll withhold recommends for using legal things like tobacco, alcohol and coffee.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.