Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 17, 2019 06:21PM

...Insurance that TITHING DOLLARS can buy no doubt!

Anybody out there got the inside scoop on their gilded Medical plans?

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 10:23AM

Don't have info on their medical plans, but . . .

Mormons claim that faith and God heal as they slather the olive on their arrogant scalps, but, they put their money where their true faith is----in modern medicine and modern insurance. If you want to know the truth--follow the dollars.

Of course then they sort of have their cake and eat it too as they claim the doctors were inspired to cure them/save them by God. Unless of course they die and then it was all part of God's plan.

Either way the wonderful doctors and medical professionals and scientists who pull off the truly impressive get disrespected.

Posted by: fluhist not logged in ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 10:29AM

Then again there is also the question as to why the diseases and injuries that are part of our lives exist in the first place if God can cure then with a bit of olive oil?????

Just a sort of wondering on my part.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:44PM

There was a beloved Bishop in our ward, very popular and venerable doctor - not only at church but in the non-Mormon community.

This post reminded me of a Mormon Bishop/SP/GA worst nightmare - when a member of your flock asks for a priesthood blessing to "heal" a cancer stricken mother of 4. He was a Hispanic community, and the family who asked him were also Hispanic. They were not family, but they loved this Bishop. They prayed and fasted for days on end, and the Bishop did to. In fact, in his many anointing's and blessings - he did state that she would be healed because of their faith in the Lord, the priesthood powers and authority, and because it was the Lords will. Said he on one occasion after a blessing, "I know that Jesus Christ will heal you Sister So and so..be assured, be at ease, and know that the power of God will heal you."

She died a few months later. The family was devastated and they left the church.

So yeah, the brethren will not rely on their so called ever special priesthood to heal themselves and loved one because they know it's all BS too.

Keep those tithing dollars flowing in though sheepie.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 02:22PM

I do think the Mormons string along the members like that. The Mormon bishop got the Hispanic family to pay tithing for a few more months, right?

My friend was cured of cancer, and the Mormons claimed that it was all the priesthood blessings that did it. She was furious, because she got no credit for being courageous! She had a rough time of it, and had to quit her job for a while, and then struggle financially, while supporting her children. The cult members did nothing to help her with food, or the kids, or driving, or anything. Her friends and I helped her some, but this woman was independent, and stayed strong for her children. She didn't believe in JS, by that time, and when a few of the priesthood men got up in testimony meeting and claimed all the credit for her survival--she said something "clicked" in her mind.

Had she died, those men would have claimed her death, too, like they did with another single Mormon friend, who died fairly young. The keynote Mormon preacher at her Mormon funeral said that God needed her in Heaven, as a ministering angel, to help teach others and further God's plan. He meant "the Mormons' plan." I was really upset that the Mormon had relegated this talented, intelligent, faithful woman to the lesser role of "ministering angel", whereas the married Mormons thought they were going to be "Gods and Goddesses, Priests and Priestesses" in the CK. Moreover, God had chosen to not let her live, because God "needed" her?

This does neatly let the blessers off the hook--a priesthood blessing can't go against God's wishes, right?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 03:25PM

Elder Stud was one of my pumping iron companions. He did free weights during most of the day; he didn't let a pesky thing called missionary work get in the way of his weight training. One day he tried to impress a greenie that had been dropped off to baby-sit. Elder Stud wanted to show the new missionary that it was dumb to show fear. Stud convinced the Elder Green to climb over a fence that had a "Beware of Dog" warning sign. I was called Elder P---y for staying safely in the street. I thought it was foolish to trespass.

A Dobermann came out of the shadows. Elder Green was still on the fence, but Stud had to run back to the fence. Yep, the dog nipped him in the buttocks as Stud tried to scale the fence. Stud had a tear in his trousers. We went back to our apartment to change/clean up. Stud wouldn't let anybody else look at the wound. Several days later, he was limping. He finally agreed to seek medical attention. He called the mission office and the mission president called back.

The MP requested to speak with me. I wondered what sage advice the MP was going to tell me. Call a doctor? Get to the ER? Go find the dog?

Nope! Elder Goop, when did it occur to you to give your companion a priesthood blessing? Um- it didn't factor in. He screamed in the phone and I set the receiver on the kitchen counter. All he could do was complain about my lack of faith and NOT the stupidity of climbing over fences.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.