Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Angry ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 10:37AM

I hate Mormons. I hate that I had to be brought up in this warped cult and that my family thinks I am the odd one. Mormons are evil and in denial about everything in life. **** Mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justkeepswimming ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 10:46AM

Hate is not healthy. Mormons are not evil.

Misguided, yes. Deceived, yes. Evil? Come on.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:11PM

It’s not hate itself that is unhealthy. Hate is real; how we react to it is sometimes unhealthily. If we say “I shouldn’t hate,” or “it’s wrong to feel that way,” that’s unhealthily.

Many people are more than justified in feeling hatred towards mormonism, and they sometimes need help in expressing their feelings constructively.

Mormons wouldn’t be deceived and misguided if there weren’t evil people misguiding and deceiving them.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 03:17PM

The church is evil, but the members are not.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 11:07AM

I don't believe that the "trickle down" theory works in government, but, in religion? Yes.

Joseph, Brigham, Oaks, Bednar, BKP, SWK et al. Their actions based on arrogance, ignorance, and lies hurt so many as it trickled down through the church. As their eager dupes/followers inflicted their message upon their own children. Evil? If that isn't evil I don't know what is. What is evil if it is not intentionally hurting others for your own selfish purposes, your own need to be seen as God's favorites?

I can't agree with justkeepswimming about being misguided/deceived. There is a point where Mormons have facts staring them in the face as they stand in a world that grows increasingly more open and kinder, and yet they work very hard to maintain their arrogant and ignorant stance that does indeed harm others. This is the information age and they are pulling their own blinders tighter and tighter. At some point they are self-administering the indoctrination. They are culpable.

Anger is useful as it is a recognition of that which is wrong. You are right to feel the resentment as many of us did. I hate Mormonism, but, I do tend to evaluate Mormons on an individual basis. My relationships with them are always very limited, however, as their spiritual growth has been stunted.

People here understand and know what it is like to rebuild and leave Mormons in the dust. Having a great life is the best revenge--and the only one worth pursuing in my opinion.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 01:45PM

Well said, Done and Done!

You are being honest. I share your same sentiments, regarding Mormons and the Mormon cult.

Angry--please don't let your hatred hurt YOU. That's what happens, if you hate too strongly or for too long. The object of your hatred becomes too important in your life, and, in that way, they win.

Work it out, write it in a diary, get therapy, exercise, scream, find other outlets. In the meantime, BALANCE out your life with as many positive, good things as you can find and create. Stop thinking about whatever it is you are hating!

I had to get rid of my extreme hatred towards the Mormon individuals who beat me, stole from me, deliberately tortured me out of their own jealousy and inner cruelty. These abusers were and are very sick people. None of them have stopped their crimes against others. Horrible people like this usually cannot be stopped (except by enforcement of the laws), and cannot be helped.

The crimes have been done against you, and the abuse must END. Hating only perpetuates this. Getting even, teaching them a lesson, retaliating, and all that, takes too much plotting, time and effort on your part. These creeps are not worth it! They don't deserve your consideration at all, good or bad.

I'm talking about extreme cruelty, here. The only way I could make the abuse stop, is to get the abusers out of my life, completely. No contact. I only wish I had done that sooner, before more damage was done. All of these abusers were Mormons, some with high positions, and thought they were above the laws of the land, and the laws of decency. When these perps started going after my children--I was GONE! The men in our ward who kicked and hit my children, the bishop's son who tried to molest my little girl, the pedophile relative who abused me and and my nieces, my con-man nephew who stole many thousands of dollars from our family business and even more thousands of dollars from our inheritance, my first husband who beat me--all are GONE. My children and I have not set eyes on them for many years. We are very happy!

I always felt it was my responsibility to try to prevent these perps from hurting other people. Often, others won't heed warnings, and will close their mind to facts and evidence, like they do with the Mormon cult. They go into denial. The perps know this, and are good at pretending to be sweet. Read about sociopaths and Cluster B's and affinity fraud. All this ties in with JS and his cult. All of these criminals went on to hurt others, especially their own families. I could not stop them, but, over the years, I did get a legal divorce, a restraining order, an attorney to get our money back, got my nephew kicked out of the other business, and took my children out of the church. I could not save my nieces, and they are not doing well. I couldn't convince their TBM parents to get therapy for them. My TBM ex has been married 3 more times, and has beaten all of them, and his children, and some of his neighbors, as well. He is still a "member in good standing" in the Mormon cult.

I don't even answer the door for Mormons. All of that is no longer part of our life. My children have remaind kind, and friendly, and have learned to read people better than I ever could.

There are so many GOOD people in the world--why waste your time on the rotten ones?

I don't do business with Mormons (I can admit this because I'm anonymous) and, as Done & Done said, our relationships with most of the Mormons we know are "limited." To be honest, I do hate the people who hurt me and my children, but it is not an active, seething, purposeful hatred. These people are irrelevant to our lives! What a relief! I don't think about them, unless someone brings up the subject of abuse. Then I go into a rant--sorry!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 11:50AM

My therapist told me we were taught as mormons that we couldn't feel anger or hate, so many of us feel guilty for feeling that way, but that it is necessary to feel anger and hate. If we don't acknowledge it, we can't work through it.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:02PM

Misplaced anger is just as destructive as the wild family fantasies of Mormonism are to individuals.

It is a razor's edge to walk and your family might not survive it. I have barely any relationships in mine.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:14PM

Anger gives us power to rescue ourselves.

Date: April 18, 2019 12:17PM

Anger is often good but hate seems to be an all-consuming variety of it leaving damage in its wake due to oversimplifying the hate.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:23PM

I like the emphasis you put on harnessing anger. Make it serve a purpose, dammit! Yes. It's like steam running a locomotive.

Posted by: honklermaga ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 03:24PM

I would just recommend you remember it wasn't long ago that we were all mormon too.

No one alive in the church today was around when the fraud began. We were all duped! We all wake up in our own way and in our own time.

I agree with what others have said: controlled anger is useful. Not sure hate is ever the answer, though. As former mormons, let's focus on spreading love instead of hate!

I know I would have reacted better to messages of love from former members than messages of hate. That might have been downright detrimental to my awakening.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 05:05PM

There are some ideologies in mormonism that are very bad that should be hated. Such as:
1) only mormons can have a family in the afterlife,
2) that no one has done more for mankind than old Joe,
3) and he's next to Jesus in perfection.
4) That a 5 billion dollar mall was built off of poor peoples gullibility,
5) that lots of women lived in misery through polygamy.

There's a lot of reasons to hate mormondom. I can empathize with OP.

Date: April 18, 2019 05:11PM

I have a list and hate is okay with a list.

One of the biggies on mine is Mormonism's worship of a mythological concept of family in its array of impossible ideals and penchants for worshipping their hypocrisy of perfection.

It would take many words to explain this Gordian Knot of genealogical progression of badness starting with the first family of Mormonism - a family of shysters and bad dreamers.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 03:14AM

I send kudos for your daring to share your feelings and express your truth which the MormonCult has dictated you MUST not talk about.

You have taken a big, a very big first step. Finding a voice to me is the beginning of a journey of recovery. Many years ago, I finally was able to take a stand, to know and say what I was feeling about a subject which I had been taught was way off limits and too holy to bad-mouth.

When the cult attempted to take our struggling teenage child away from us because we were templed-married-no-long-attending-parents who were suddenly unfit parents because our daughter had first come to them with her struggles, not us (what teenager at some point in those years can't stomach their parents? It's called being a teen), both of us called them very evil indeed and to fuck off. We had been, thank you very much, parents who cared and tried to do what was right and had provably been feeding, clothing and loving our daughter.

My husband has passed away so I can only speak for myself, but I still say fuck you and fuck off MormonCult.

I also second your "END MORMONISM".

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 07:47PM

I had an email yesterday -

Hi Brother Stone

I hope this email finds you and your family well.

I recently called by your address, as the Bishop of the Catford Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, and discovered that you have moved. To help update the Church records could you forward me your new address.

Have a fantastic Easter weekend.
Bishop

And my reply -

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
My wife and I are both well. We moved on some years ago and no longer believe in the Mormon gods and angels.

With best wishes

Important ideas need to be subject to examination without leniency or prejudice while accompanied by a logical consistency and an accumulation of evidence.

That was the end of my message.

I'm not sure why but I've removed names from this but I did.

I was real angry at a mormon about a month ago, she called round to our house at 9 in the morning and was "ministering" but what she really wanted to know, so it seemed to me, was exactly how my how my 20 year old mormon nephew took his own life last month. Now I know that's only my own perception of her interest.

I was going to start this by saying how I'm totally over my anger which was decades ago, and say you'll get over it.

You may wonder how they can call round but don't know our address - it's complicated but half my family is mormon and we have many mormon acquaitances who probably dont think about paper work.

X

Posted by: BAIIPLUS ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 02:50AM

Mormons are just as diverse and varied as almost every other group. To judge someone based solely on one aspect of their life is ridiculous.

Not all mormons believe everything in church and are cafeteria mormons trying to make something good out of the spread laid out before them. This is very similar to most christians actually. If you go by the absolute letter of the law as found in the bible you end up with the Westboro Baptist Church.

Most of the people that believe are trying to better themselves and the world around them. They believe the church teaches good principles. I personally think the church manipulates this desire and hinders much of the good these people could be doing because TSCC wants their cut of time, money and labor.

There are parasites and predators that have established themselves in the church. This is true of many other groups. Unfortunately, the structure of mormonism as it is now, makes it very hard to get rid of these people. Nepotism, cronyism and a strict hierarchal system that does not give voice to most people in the church, means that many can do whatever they want.

But, your hatred of one whole group and assigning guilt for all parties involved sounds an awful lot like certain groups in history that felt justified in taking out a whole group because they felt a whole group identification needed to be gone.
1. Holocaust (the jews)
2. Cambodia (the learned)
3. Rwanda ( The tutsi)
4. Soviet Union (The Kulaks)

Stop the hate. Speak truth and let those that want to hear, hear it. Those that don't can't be forced. If you are currently under their heal, prepare for a time in which you aren't. Things won't be like this forever.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.