Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 04:43PM

I feel stupid because I just noticed this, why do some temples have Star of Davids and inverted pentacles on them? I never looked at temples up close, only the Chicago one .
I didn’t go inside that one , but have been on the grounds for my friend’s wedding.
I just saw pictures of the St Louis temple and was surprised to see the Star of David. Is this common for temples?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 05:09PM

The exterior of the salt lake temple has sun, moon in its various phases and inverted stars.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 11:50PM

Yes, it is common. But it is much more frequent on the exterior of the older, "pioneer era" temples.

Many of the symbols are masonic. Sandra Tanner's website is a pretty good place to start, if you're curious to learn more:

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/masonicsymbolsandtheldstemple.htm

Posted by: mahana ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 12:30AM

I noticed the upside down pentagram for the first time at temple square as a preteen. I couldn't believe it and not so quietly exclaimed what I saw out loud. My mom hushed me and told not to worry about it because I was disrupting the spirit of temple square. It was one of those things that sat on the shelf but I never forgot.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 12:33AM

Most of the early church leaders really believed that Freemasonry possessed the secrets of the universe. They felt that the ultimate goal of Mormonism was to restore Freemasonry in its pristine form. They saw Freemasons as their brothers, and never ceased to be surprised and hurt when the Masons failed to play their game.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 12:39AM

Pentagrams abound

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 03:45PM

Freemasons give to charity, helping people out , with no strings attached or motive. Mormons? I didn’t think so.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.