Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 09:29PM

I was once you. I had my doubts about the racism, sexual abuse, sexism, but I was in a relationship with a TBM. So I stuck it out for years. I'd stop by here and look at how cynical everybody acted/sounded when they lost their faith.
Then I ran across some ideas here that made sense.
FFwd 17years. Here I am. Still an exmormon, but not an atheist or a theist.

I like Brian Greene's answer.
I probably agree with him more than anybody living.
He's a genius.
So is Michio Kaku.
Sam Harris,
And NdGT.
I agree with all of them,
And a bunch of dead wise men, Einstein, Hawking, Sagan, Darwin, and Epicurous.
I am more of a Darwinian or Epicurean than anything.
I think all of them were far ahead of their time, but especially Darwin and Epicurous, who figured out non-deterministic atomic physics 400 yrs. Before Christ,

I like to be in agreement with the founders of our scientific renaissance and in letting Mormon lurkers here know that you don't have to be an atheist or a theist.
It is a false dichotomy that keeps us trapped in dark ages or cynical paradigm.
There is a much wider spectrum than atheist on the Left or Theist on the right.
Most people believe in some kind of a "god" or higher creative power, including "Nones" (Atheists, Pantheists and agnostics) I am closest to a pantheist, like Zen Buddhism, Native American religions and most religions up until Patriarchal Monotheism took control.

Until science can tell me what exactly is that missing 96% of the universe you call "Dark Matter" for lack of a better term, I will stick with Zen Epicureanisn.

There are lots of candidates.
https://youtu.be/dE3dqlFzDeg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2019 09:35PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 01:02AM

Sounds like you have no clue what an Atheist is and what a theist is.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 08:04AM

Brevity. Everything from "what" on is unnecessary.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 09:47AM

But how can 7.682 billion people on planet earth be wrong? With numbers like this all with the same view on this wondrous gospel then these numbers are really telling.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 09:50AM

This super fast growing super true (i.e. honest/transparent) Church of ours has 0.016 billion people. That 7.682 billion people are the ones (plus the ones in our 0.016 number that forget to sit their rear ends in pews regularly) that are not assimilated in our wondrous gospel who live on this planet.

So how can 7.682 billion (ooops I mean 0.016 billion) people be wrong?

Posted by: Elizabeth S. ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 01:36AM

I left the church by 1992.

I went through the PTSD of leaving the church and my first marriage, and I wrestled with the subsequent anger for years.

Now, I'm occasionally interested in what any other ex-cult (ex-church) people have to say. I listen with compassion. And, I will share my experiences with anyone if they want help, depending on the circumstances.

Now, I'm just tired of trying to LABEL myself and what I believe in. I feel no burning desire to define what I "am". I've come to realize that my core beliefs have pretty well always been the same; they are the same basic, honest, good values I had before I got entangled with the LDS church.

For now, I am at peace with myself.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.