Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 12:50AM

Apparently, several famous folks have visited temple square over the years and that really makes a A-OK, even if a couple of them are you know: homasexshuals.

The fact that they were paid to perform there makes it sort of mandatory that they appear there.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900066673/11-famous-people-who-visited-temple-square.html

We're going to drown in Temple Square news for the next few years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 12:54AM

JFK spoke at the tabernacle when he running for president.

Posted by: mahana ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:14AM

I thought you were going to say the Osmond's.. ha

Posted by: 2 late 2 log in ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 03:02AM

Since the temple will be closed and the visitors' centers shuttered, what are the plans for all the hot Temple Square sister missionaries?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 05:51AM

The Emporer of Brazil visited temple square.

Date: April 20, 2019 11:30AM

Dom Pedro visited Salt Lake City 22 April 1876.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 09:55AM

Fame is an empty worthless measure of a person's worth.

If celebrities visit Utah and its sites, it's to be expected and that isn't what makes them worthwhile.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 11:41AM

"homasexshuals" Made me laugh. My mother pronounced it even worse---"hahmasexshuals." Not kidding. So cringeworthy. She used to use it when we were watching Ed Sullivan and some of guys in some of the bands wore make-up and she would always say, "They must be . . ." One band in particular used to really get her going but I can't think who it was. I also think she used to stress it to make sure I knew it was a bad thing to be. I found out it isn't bad at all though, haha. Memories . . .

I like to think that celebrity endorsement doesn't have any effect on anyone over thirteen, but I am afeared I am wrong.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 11:42AM

Ha, list the famous people that have taken a leak after having a beer. That might interest me.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 11:55AM

I was just the driver on this one, but I can bear witness that a retired NHL Hall-of-Famer and his wife visited Temple Square and the area around that part of downtown.

One of his in-laws had joined the church; he and his wife had some questions...

I don't think they'll be taking the missionary discussions very soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 12:43PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 12:42PM

I once did a traffic stop on a guy with some problematic Canadian-American driving credentials. So I radio'd the info to the section with better data bases at police HQ.

He turned out to be a newly traded Boston Bruin. So long ago, I forget who it was. He was "righteous," meaning polite, compliant, not throwing around reputation or connections. I welcomed him to Boston and sent him on his way.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 12:07PM

Doesn't Jesus visit there daily ?

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 05:24PM

Jesus is only there for the Thursday meeting. Other days he has many worlds and wives needing attention.

Date: April 20, 2019 07:32PM

According to Lorenzo Snow Jesus visited him in the temple...once.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 05:47PM

and...
that's right, you guessed it...
Frank Stallone.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 07:02PM

Notice that it's in the DNews entertainment section. This is what passes for entertainment to those folks?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 08:13PM

Hitler would've gotten the Red Carpet treatment had he visited Temple Square.

Anyone can visit Temple Square. The only "types" it would ban would be ex-Mos or anti-Mormons protesting or picketing it.

But not Hitler. Hitler would be welcome.

It's a tourist trap for visitors who land in Salt Lake City. What else are they going to visit there of historic value besides Temple Square? I'm sure there are other places, but it is at the top of the bucket list of things to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 08:33PM by Amyjo.

Date: April 20, 2019 08:32PM

standing in front of Temple Square ...

... ought to make Mormons squirm in their seats.

Put those men in charge of TSCC for a day. Things would turn around in a heartbeat. Those guys are movers and shakers. They are the type to get things done just by a wink and a nod.

Mormonism can't stand up under a microscope. Anderson and Andy make the Mormon charade collapse under its own weight merely by looking at the photo of those two gorgeous, brilliant men standing with the backdrop of Temple Square behind them as they gaze into the camera's lens.

It's said a picture is worth a thousand words. Well this one is times ten.

LOLOLOLOL.

Date: April 20, 2019 09:56PM

"brilliant men standing with the backdrop of Temple Square behind them as they gaze into the camera's lens." ... that didn't work for Bill Maher.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 09:18PM

Maybe Mormons think it gives them credibility to hang around famous people, and, well, they think it gives them clout?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 09:21PM

Wouldn’t ya love to see Hitler on a Utah billboard with ...

“GUY MOST FREQUENTLY BAPTIZED BY MORMONS”

Eat your hearts out, unworthy coffee drinkers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 09:30PM by kathleen.

Date: April 20, 2019 10:07PM

" ...There are, currently, Ancestral File ordinance records which show Adolf Hitler was "baptized" on September 4, 1993, "endowed" on October 12, 1993, and "sealed" to his parents and also Eva Braun on June 14, 1994 - in the Los Angeles Temple. The June 14 sealing of Hitler and Braun is the same sealing which Roberts sent copies of to McAreavy and Ashton. These entries could once be found in the IGI. They have since been deleted, along with other entries for prominent Nazis.

Prior to adding the 1997 edition to the IGI, it seems that the Mormon Church, intent on preserving its public image, attempted to remove the names of well-known Nazis from the IGI files. Most of the IGI entries for Adolf Hitler; Mrs. (Adolf Hitler); Adolf Eichmann; Paul Joseph Göbbels; Hermann Göring; Rudolf Hess; and Heinrich Himmler, were quietly removed. Also erased were the records for Benito Mussolini, the dictator of Fascist Italy from 1922 to 1943 and ally of Hitler and the Third Reich ...

... A mysterious record for a Mr, Hitler, of Vienna, Austria, with date of death 1900, and showing a proxy baptism date of April 15, 1924, in the Logan Temple, Utah, is also no longer in the IGI files. Other vanished IGI entries are a sealing of Adolf Hitler to Eva Braun on October 19, 1993, at the Jordan River Temple, and a baptism for Mrs. Hitler (Hiedler) on September 10, 1993, and an endowment for her on March 17, 1994, also in the Jordan River Temple.

The Mormon Church has attempted to deliberately conceal LDS temple ordinances for Adolf Hitler. This first occurred with the disappearance of many of the IGI records for Hitler and other publicly-known evildoers of the Third Reich. Then - there was a second attempt to cover-up Nazi records when Ashton told McAreavy that no LDS temple ordinances had been performed for Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. Even when confronted by IGI temple records, for Hitler and Braun, by Roberts - those in charge of the Family History Department at the Family History Library, representing the genealogical arm of the Mormon Church, did not want to take responsibility for these records. Their implausible excuse was that they have no control over the names individuals submit to receive temple ordinances ... "

Date: April 20, 2019 10:16PM

More evidence of how schizophrenic Mormonism is.

It was in collusion w/Hitler during WWII. TSCC threw Jews under the bus and smoked Jews out in Germany to the Nazis using genealogy records.

Then following the Holocaust it used those same records to baptize them posthumously.

Sacrilegious fools that they are.

Anne Frank has been baptized numerous times also, including following 1995 when TSCC made a pact with Israel it would halt its practice of baptizing Holocaust victims. It still does on the sly. It's an appalling practice.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 10:29PM

One of my favorites, Miz Cracker from Ru Paul's Drag Race visited the sacred temple!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Do3moeVVAAARZio.jpg

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.