Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Roman Bokovinoff ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:01PM

Ate some cake and saw the Jesus movie from 1979. Brian Deacon who plays Jesus looks like someone from the Bee Gees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:14PM

I love the malted speckled chocolate eggs. They are the same as what was served at the last supper by Jesus hisself. True sacrament unlike Wonder Bread and Tap water.

For a remembrance of Jesus I usually google a photo of Jason Momoa. Works very well.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:18PM

How weird! You, a fair-haired Nephite, liking Brown Jesus, and me, the wicked, slothful Lamanite, preferring Swedish Surfer Jesus!

Who'd have thought!?!?! (more exclaiming than questioning)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 02:04PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:17PM

We'll pick them up this afternoon. Tomorrow we'll have an egg hunt and a beautiful special lunch. They are teenagers but they don't want to give up on Eater festivities with Grandma and Grandpa.

This year we won't dye eggs. They don't eat them and I don't want to waste. We've moved on to plastic eggs with money inside and lots of candy and small gifts.

I'm recovering from a broken hip, so the hiding places might not be on slopes or bumpy ground this year.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:19PM

I do if someone calls me with an invite to dinner. Since I moved back to UT, it's usually been my ex along with our kids, her mother and sometimes her brother and his wife.

She told me last weekend that she's taking a trip to the holy land with a friend she had at work, and left this morning. So I guess I won't be going to dinner there. I bought some Easter peeps and opened the package a couple of days ago so they're nice and hardened before I eat them.

Easter!!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:26PM

High Five! I love hardened marshmallow. Can't stand it when it's soft. As a small kid I found a package of hardened marshmallows in the cupboard that had a hole in the plastic bag for a long time. Changed my life forever.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 11:33PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> High Five! I love hardened marshmallow.

These sound good! I can pick some peeps up on markdown Monday and start letting them air out! Good tip!

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:57PM

The best part of having Alzheimers is now I can hide my own Easter eggs.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 05:56PM

Ha! Love it.

Sorry as for the Alzheimer's though (I hope you were joking.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2019 05:57PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 02:19PM

I ate 4 chocolate mini eggs on Thursday...that's it for me!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 09:52PM

We will have Eastover tomorrow, it’s what you do when you have Chritians, Jews, Agnostics and noncommittals all in one family. It will consist of too much food for adults and baskets for children.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 10:10PM

I live for biting the heads off of chocolate rabbits.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 11:34PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live for biting the heads off of chocolate
> rabbits.

Dave you are a constant inspiration to me!!! :)

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 12:31AM

Oh yeah! All of the above!

Sunday morning is an Easter egg hunt at a farm in South Jordan--a real farm with horses, chickens, baby chicks, goats, dogs and cats. Eggs are hidden in the barn, in the tree house, the chicken coop, among the tractors, in the blossoming orchards, in the tulip garden. A real farm is a novelty for us Californians! We have the first barbecue of the year, this time under the farmhouse patio roof, but the rain won't ruin our fun.

The TBM's have always gone to the Easter egg hunt, instead of going to sacrament meeting, and they just don't mention the party to their TBM grandparents. The TBM grandparents never have conversations, anyway, so they never find out.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 04:10PM

Depends what you mean by "celebrate"

Some people and families today will gather together and have a nice meal because of tradition in a more secular fashion

But how many people will actually gather to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

I've always thought it odd. People who "celebrate" Christmas and Easter, but it's devoid of the whole idea of Jesus Christ.

(shrugs)

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 05:53PM

No jesus. Just chocolates.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 05:57PM

The same way I celebrate a good day, or a bad day for that matter. With a cold beer.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 10:28PM

Yes. On a side note I miss the really big chocolate eggs we used to buy in the UK. The Easter Bunny was not a feature of Easter as I remember it in the UK. Perhaps it is now since things change.

Date: April 22, 2019 10:07PM

I didn't actually celebrate either Easter or Passover this year. I've spent the past month getting over an upper respiratory infection. When I haven't been at work I've been home resting.

Otherwise, what I've done instead was play Easter Bunny just a tad. Sent Easter care packages overseas, to Alabama to my adopted family there. One to my cousin in Idaho. And my favorite nuns where I reside in upstate New York.

Missed a Seder invitation for Passover, on Passover. So instead have been noshing on deli food here at home, and trying to do some spring cleaning in lieu of cleaning out the "hametz" (a passover custom of cleaning out the leavened bread in the house.) For me cleaning house is my equivalent of that. Having not grown up with the Jewish customs I'm sort of taking liberty by adding some of my own as I go.

Since I'll be updating my kitchen floor this spring (and mudroom,) both in need of it. I've been trying to decide whether to do something with the backsplash in the kitchen. Don't want to spend a lot, and even the do-it-yourself projects can add up.

Yesterday while at home celebrating Easter by myself with both children off on their own celebrating their own traditions in faraway lands, I found an alternative that only cost me $8.00 in materials for doing my own backsplash. Brought home the tiles today, and after they air in my home for a couple of days will be ready to install (self-stick) to the existing backsplash already there (but old, and in need of repair or replacement.) So I'm saving quite a bit on that project.

That's my version of cleaning out the "hametz" in my house for Passover , which came before Easter did on the Jewish calendar. I try to observe both. Between the getting rid of the "hametz" and sending Easter care packages, was my way of observing the holiday this year.

I do not attend Christian services, nor have I in years. I don't identify with a Christian house of worship - not that I find anything wrong with them. I just don't feel at home in any of them. I feel more at ease in a Jewish house of worship so that is where I attend presently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 07:45AM by Amyjo.

Date: April 22, 2019 10:10PM

I received a message from Macauley Culkin for Easter.

That was pretty neat. :)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 23, 2019 11:58PM

I like eggs, and bunnies...
Just not together. Jesus

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: April 24, 2019 02:52PM

Didn't do shit.

Was going to go to Easter Vigil (a service I thoroughly enjoy) at the Episcopal Cathedral but wasn't feeling well so I stayed home.

It looks like over the next 4 to 5 months I could be feeling better or worse in cycles as some medications are adjusted. Just thought I'd through that in.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.