Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 06:59PM

It's Canada's game so show some empathy. If you want to connect with a Canadian...pretend to like the Leafs, lol.

We have one sport and one team, The Leafs!!!

Go ahead fellow exmos... Dis me

We lost tonight to Boston, we're I served my mission, btw

When I was serving in Boston we got a call to help someone move. It turns out it was Greg Kite, he just got traded to the Celtics. After we moved him he ordered KFC, and then invited us to his first game that night.

Of course we said yes. Didn't care that we broke 50,000 rules. Got to see Celtics take on 76ers. Larry Bird in short shorts, lol. Became the envy of the mission, and didn't get in any trouble.

But a biggggg game 7 Tuesday. Major rival Toronto/Boston.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 07:02PM

Good to see you out and about, 6 iron! (Taylormade? Mizuno?)

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 07:04PM

One of the kids turned on basketball today and my brother (kid’s grandpa) told him we watch hockey or baseball in this house. Child changed the channel to baseball since “the Wild missed the playoffs”.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 07:09PM

What a great story from your mission! Mostly I used to sit in the nosebleed seats at the Garden -- the better to admire all of the championship banners overhead. But one time a friend treated me to floor seats. Let's just say I got an education in how NBA players converse with each other during gameplay. lol

I remember when the Bruins took the Stanley Cup back in the late 70s. That was a special time for Boston. So I get why you are so excited. Good luck!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 07:28PM

It's not a REAL sport unless it involves brooms.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 07:30PM

Sharks, Caps,Preds, Bruins, if not then yeah, the leafs or the Jackets for the Eastern ( if Bruins lose)
Blackhawks fan, so like the Bread Man. The Western , Preds,only because of PK and Simmonds. He was our favourite on the Flyers ( hubby’s team).
Hate the Avalanches, don’t get me started on the Blues, HATE them!!

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: April 22, 2019 12:52AM

I know that there is no god or justice in life when I see the Stanley Cup south of the border. I am fully behind the leafs.
Starvation, abuse and corruption just help to confirm my thoughts about god and justice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2019 01:03AM by chipace.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 23, 2019 10:35AM

Sorry...I can not pretend to like the Leafs....as a proud Albetan who buys fully into hating Toronto as a national pastime, and as a lifelong Bruins fan I will be cheering for Boston tonight. Should my Bruins not advance I'll be sporting Vegas Golden Knights colors.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: April 24, 2019 09:29AM

Sharks beat Las Vegas in game 7 in a game for the ages! Down 3 to 0 in the 3rd period. Pavalski was badly hurt, Vegas gets a 5 minute major penalty and Sharks score 4 times in 5 minutes! It gets tied, Sharks win in overtime. Just wow!

Date: April 24, 2019 11:21AM

That was quite a game. Really stupid penalty by the Vegas player led to the five minute major...and cost them the game.

Date: April 24, 2019 09:45AM

We were rooting for the Sharks too. I love hockey. You can score 2 goals in 30 seconds. I’ve seen 2 goals in 20 seconds. You can go from one end of the ice, to the other in 5 seconds. I guess now I’m going for the Sharks and Bruins all the way ( better be Bruins- final )

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: April 24, 2019 09:49AM

Don't believe a word of this, but one time I watched the Blue Jays play against the deaf & blind school. It was a close game, but the Blues pulled it off in overtime and won.

Date: April 24, 2019 11:41AM

Sunpeep, that was mean, but funny. I’m used to jokes like that . I used to get it all the time , being a Cubs fan.

Posted by: wowbagger ( )
Date: April 24, 2019 11:59AM

Spring is here, the Leafs are out!

Date: April 25, 2019 12:03AM

Washington...DONE!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 25, 2019 08:34AM

Don't gloat.

Okay, gloat a little. lol

Date: April 25, 2019 06:26PM

I'm invited to dinner tonight to a cousin who is a diehard Leafs fan...and debating whether to wear my Bruins cap or not..
.I'm not one to gloat...but...hmmm

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 25, 2019 02:22AM

The Boston Police Commissioner made a statement that the Department was getting tired of all those Duckboat parades--it strains the overtime budget. Paraphrase): "Does EVERY championship team HAVE to have a victory parade?"

Well, yes. Guess they'll just have to raise more tax money (again).

--TheOverTaxedFiend

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 03:51AM by caffiend.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 25, 2019 09:15AM

‘Caaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnesssssssssssss!

Wow!

And the straight out exit of TB: WOW!!

Date: April 25, 2019 10:14AM

Yes, still can’t believe TB got swept like that. First in, first out. No one saw that coming. Penguins too. I thought last night would never end. We wanted the Caps over the Canes, but for the Islanders over the Caps, but now it’s the Canes.
We want the Bruins for the Eastern and the Sharks for the Western.
I wouldn’t want to be around Boston when they win it though.
We probably wouldn’t even get into Boston proper, traffic wise.
I remember the Cubs victory party. That was awesome though.

Date: April 25, 2019 11:21AM

Best to stay out of Boston on such a day. Patriots Day is the worst--the Boston Marathon, 26 miles from Hopkington to Copley Square roped off.

One of the benefits of numerous championships: the fans take it in stride, and there's much less motivation to act out violently. And, the cops are more experienced at crowd control. Police officials come from literally all around the world to sit at out feet for such wisdom.

Date: April 26, 2019 11:19PM

How was Boston after the Marathon terrorist attack, as far as getting around for the ones who lived there? We’re debating on visiting Boston in the Fall, when kids are back in school.
We hate crowds. All of the tourist areas will be packed.
We only been there for doctors appointments at Gen.Mass.

Date: April 26, 2019 11:39PM

Hockeyrat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How was Boston after the Marathon terrorist
> attack, as far as getting around for the ones who
> lived there?
The Marathon may be the biggest congestion headache in any calendar year. I had retired from Boston Police the year before. Interestingly, my usual assignment was 25-50 feet from where bomb #2 went off. I was driving cab, then. When Boston went to shelter-in-place after the Tsarnev shootout in nearby Watertown, I was one of very few vehicles on the road, and made a mint!

We’re debating on visiting Boston
> in the Fall, when kids are back in school.
> We hate crowds.

Fall is a good time, especially the latter half of October for the foliage, if you can get up to Vermont, New Hampshire, or western Mass. It would be my sincere pleasure to show you the area, whether you want to primary tourist attractions or off-the-beaten-track scenes.

(This applies to any and all RfM'ers. Send your contact info to concrete zipper, and he'll forward it to me.)

> We only been there for doctors appointments at
> Gen.Mass.

Meaning, of course, "Mass General (Hospital)." I hope I can make your next visit a more pleasant one!

--Officer Fiendly (Ret.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.