Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 01:41AM

is the Pope, the Holy Father, a catholic?

Posted by: shylock ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 09:31AM

Does a bear poop in the woods?

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 09:45AM

To get slightly more serious — If you go with Bill Maher's view that "Mormonism is the bullshit of Christianity with more bullshit piled on top," then Mormonism is less likely to be true than Christianity.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 05:33PM

olderelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To get slightly more serious — If you go with
> Bill Maher's view that "Mormonism is the bullshit
> of Christianity with more bullshit piled on top,"
> then Mormonism is less likely to be true than
> Christianity.

Bill Maher has such a way with words, doesn't he? I'm being sarcastic. A more talented man could have phrased it better, without the scatology.

Posted by: Dorothynli ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 06:44PM

Let's hear it!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 11:24AM

It's as true as a Kirtland three dollar bill.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 01:46PM

This is the question that people ponder when they think about whether or not the Church is true. Are they honest and transparent?

Well of course I don't spend any time asking questions because I was raised by the Correlation program. Questions can cause Doubts. Thus I have just been raised to be obedient, obedient, and even more obedient :) This beloved program has washed my brain through baptism by immersion. Sprinkling a little water on my brain is insufficient. My brain was be thoroughly washed in order for me to be a good Sunbeam for the rest of my life.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 02:22PM

I remember asking myself that question as a TBM. If I had a good feeling it meant the church was true, because the Mormon church taught me that a good feeling equaled truth! I didn't know a good feeling was evidence of truth before joining the Mormon church. Before converting I did not pay attention to my feelings. If something moved me I didn't analyze the feeling for a profound meaning. Converting to the Mormon church changed my way of thinking.

I'm going through the most difficult time of my life right now. Sometimes I'm overcome with happiness despite everything. I sometimes think that the happy feeling is a sign that everything will be okay, or that something is good when it really is not. I have to remind myself that it is just a feeling - a response to something enjoyable and not a predictor of an outcome or a confirmation of truth.

As a Mormon, a good feeling meant truth and love from Heavenly Father. It meant everything would be okay. Now it's just a fleeting feeling with no strings attached.

I hope I didn't hijack your post! It just made me remember all the times I asked myself that question and how I focused of my feelings for a sign of truth.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 03:26PM

FALSE

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 05:30PM

Of course it is!!
How could you ever doubt it?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 06:33PM

Who f***ing cares?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 07:45PM

Yeah, its a true as a steaming pile of dog poop.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 03:26PM

Yeah, God really wanted to have an abusive Doomsday CULT abuse his children for over 100yrs and force them to sing the praises of a Pedophile.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.