Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 13, 2019 03:47PM

Very powerful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 13, 2019 06:14PM

Special kudos to the woman in the blue shirt, very articulate and assertive. Give the bishop(?) credit for being as sensible and sensitive and he could be, given such an unexpectedly disruptive situation. He tried to intercede, but didn't force or drag her away.

My biggest complaint is with the congregation, suggestive of children pressing heir palms to their ears and shouting "LA!-LA!-LA!-LA!-LA!-LA!!!!"

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 13, 2019 06:19PM

Kudos. Amazing. I wish someone would have done this when I was a kid.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 13, 2019 06:51PM

So many mormon men like that. Then the congregation.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 13, 2019 07:28PM

OMG! A woman was assaulted right on camera! One of those pot-bellied priesthood holders in a white shirt and tie jumped on her, and took her cell phone, and no one took him out.

Why were the men's faces blurred to protect them? Why was the pedophile's name bleeped out?

This video is a little slice of life, that demonstrates Mormonism in a nutshell--the singing to drown out the Truth, the use of Christ's name in the singing, the assault on the woman with the cell phone, and no one dragged that guy off in handcuffs.

My sons were 12 and 14, when they were assaulted by Mormon priesthood holders, several times, until I took them out of the cult, and we resigned. My boys were/are good people. All they did was fall asleep after their paper routes, and miss Deacon's meeting. Those men broke into our house, dragged my boys out of their beds, kicked them on the floor, shoved them, and kicked them on the stairs.

My little girl was 11, when she was molested by the bishop's ugly high school senior son. She and the witnesses were threatened not to tell. The bishop's son went on a mission, was made Elder's Quorum president, got married in the temple had daughters, and was later divorced because he molested his own daughters. He was never excommunicated, and is still a member.

Oh, the fury. >:(

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 11:35AM

exminion()

Did you ever file a police complaint, breaking and entering, kidnapping, child abuse?

If you didn't why not, or did you just let the situation perpetuate the crimes?

Silence gives approval to the acts.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 14, 2019 04:20PM

What a powerful video. I shuttered when Brother Potbelly came up from behind and grabbed her hand and phone. It touches a raw nerve in me. This about control and what leaders do when they are "losing" control of the situation.

I was punched, hit, slugged, and slapped at church as a young man. I didn't enjoy that type of camaraderie with priesthood leaders. I had lots of bruises on my arms from being hit. One brother made it a point to whack me on the back as I was holding a hymn book while trying to sing. It really hurt me. I complained to my Mom and she made excuses for their inappropriate behavior. I was told to suck it up and besides, in her mind I was getting worse in football.

And the only time that I ever had a cowboy boot planted on my backside was at church during deacon quorum meetings. Old Tex, an arrogant counselor in the bishopric, sat in the back corner. If any deacon dared to lower his head during the lesson, that was open season for him to kick you in da' butt as a way to wake you up.

Date: May 14, 2019 04:27PM

I sort of wish the woman with the phone made a police report. It probably wouldn't have gone anywhere, but assault is "an unwanted touching" and that most certainly met the definition.

Someone needs to teach Mormons that criminal law applies to them too. "Righteous indignation" is not a legal defense.

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: May 14, 2019 10:00PM

So why was my comment deleted? newnamenoah needs to do more in his efforts to expose the Cult.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 01:45AM

nolongerangry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So why was my comment deleted? newnamenoah needs
> to do more in his efforts to expose the Cult.

Everyone needs to do more!

Who's paying his salary?

Maybe he has better things to do.

Who's business is it?

The WORlds

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 02:53PM

nolongerangry Wrote:
> So why was my comment deleted? newnamenoah needs
> to do more in his efforts to expose the Cult.

He is doing more.
More than you and me.
Instead of criticizing him for exposing these abusive assholes, Why don't you do more?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 01:50AM

Speaking up is GOOD.

I would have liked to see that as a youth! Not just speaking. Anyone can do that.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 01:56AM

s*it like this is a DIRECT THREAT to ChurchCo, I think both those women will be in a 'court of love' before a month passes, perhaps avoided if they both publically apologize (which I doubt they will do!)

Bravo for them highlighting what a POS ChurchCo is.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 02:00AM

If this keeps happening the church will ditch fast and testimony meeting. We used to call it open mic Sunday.

Date: May 15, 2019 02:25AM

I agree. That's where things seem to be heading.

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 07:55PM

Maybe if members get out of hand enough, they will shutter the place?

Date: May 15, 2019 08:04PM

I've seen some nonsense in my day. I remember as a missionary or a missionarily-inclined member, rolling my eyes up in frustration when I saw a crazy person approach the podium with an investigator in the audience. There was this one woman, still not fully recovered, who periodically arose to talk about her heroin addiction and everything it had led her into. . .

But I have also seen some pretty aggressive instances of defamation in divorces, etc. Meanwhile the bishop and his timorous counselors sit benignly on the stand as if what was happening were perfectly normal. In one such case I approached the stake president and told him what was going on and, after protesting a bit, he instructed the bishop not to let it happen again. Meanwhile, the defamed spouse was long gone--with the children.

I suspect that the church is having second thoughts about F&T or, as it is now termed, "open mic" without the humor. These rants about abuse, fully justified in my view, could tip the balance. I simply don't see how they can prevent such people from taking advantage of a captive audience now that the church has lost so much of its prestige and its power of intimidation.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 03:10PM

I hope there are more and more couples leaving quietly now because
1. It's easier
2. It's the right thing to do
3. It makes you and those who love you happier
4. It gives you more money to save...
5. Did I mention it's the right thing to do?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 03:34PM

Why did no men (that I saw anyway) stand up for those women ?

I'd love to see my dad's reaction if someone had grabbed my mom's phone.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 04:41PM

I suspect that the woman with the phone doesn't need a man to defend her.

She's had some experience lately standing up for herself against an ex MTC President, after all.

Date: May 15, 2019 05:31PM

A different question on that point.

Where are the fathers of the children who were abused? Why is it only the mothers who are protesting openly? Are the fathers in priesthood meeting trying to make things "work" rather than fighting for their children and future children?

Apparently protecting children is women's work.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 06:54PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> A different question on that point.
>
> Where are the fathers of the children who were
> abused? Why is it only the mothers who are
> protesting openly? Are the fathers in priesthood
> meeting trying to make things "work" rather than
> fighting for their children and future children?
>
> Apparently protecting children is women's work.

I know of at least 10 rape victims of 3 different pedophiles.
The pedophiles had these things in common.

1. They were MORmON priesthood holders,
2. They abused their power and authority over their victims to silence them.
3. They were protected by CULT leaders who lied for them to protect them because they were more interested in "protecting the good name of the church" than they were in protecting innocent victims from pure evil.
4. They all went on to abuse other kids.

The victims had these things in common

1. They were innocent children
2. They all spoke up.
3. They all suffered horribly for dong so.
4. They were all silenced, either with money or fear.

Only some of them took part in a huge lawsuit some of my childhood friends filed. They are very wealthy as a result, but they only became wealthy after signing a Non Disclosure Agreement that compels them to remain silent.

As a result, I am an advocate of shining a spotlight on this abusive Doomsday CULT of Pedophiles R Us, in any way shape or form that damages its so-called "Good name".

Date: May 15, 2019 07:27PM

I agree. Open the roofs and let the sunshine in at the LDS church, the Catholic church, the BSA, and anywhere else where light causes the roaches to scurry frantically for the darkness of corners and cracks.

My point, though, was somewhat different. I see these women going to F&T meetings and denouncing the criminals but I do not see men doing that. In my family if a child is harmed the race is on to see which adult draws blood first.

Where are the men, the fathers of these children? Why is it only mothers, with NNN in the background, who are accosting bishops and wards on "open mic" morning. Does the church's brainwashing extend so far that the fathers of the victims hesitate to challenge the priesthood?

That would be pathetic. The kids need to know that their parents, both of their parents, will neither let this be forgotten nor let the situation that enabled the abuse be perpetuated.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 08:01PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> I agree. Open the roofs and let the sunshine in
> at the LDS church, the Catholic church, the BSA,
> and anywhere else where light causes the roaches
> to scurry frantically for the darkness of corners
> and cracks.
>
> My point, though, was somewhat different. I see
> these women going to F&T meetings and denouncing
> the criminals but I do not see men doing that. In
> my family if a child is harmed the race is on to
> see which adult draws blood first.
>
> Where are the men, the fathers of these children?
> Why is it only mothers, with NNN in the
> background, who are accosting bishops and wards on
> "open mic" morning. Does the church's
> brainwashing extend so far that the fathers of the
> victims hesitate to challenge the priesthood?
>
> That would be pathetic. The kids need to know
> that their parents, both of their parents, will
> neither let this be forgotten nor let the
> situation that enabled the abuse be perpetuated.

Good point. I don't know about the Fathers, but in the cases I am aware of, which are well documented, I had my friend's attorney, Tim Kosnoff, tell me that he noticed a pattern with Mormons that was different from Catholics.
When Mormons come forward and admit they were abused as children by Mormon leaders, they're not only dismissed, they're threatened with the loss of their family and eternal exaltation if they participate in a lawsuit against the church. Their families almost always turn their backs on them and protect the church.
Catholics are the opposite. Most of the time when victims come forward about ecclesiastical abuse they suffered as children at the hands of Catholic Priests, their families rally around them and turn on the church.
As far as the difference between men coming to the defense of victims and women coming to their defense, I think a lot of men are more interested in protecting their egos (jobs, reputations, social status) than they are in protecting kids. Moms have a maternal instinct that makes them fearless in the face of any kind of a threat to their kids.
But I've known horrible Moms who turned on their own kids to protect their kids rapists, just because they were Penis holders. One of them is my own GD Sister, who's a family therapist. Her own now ExMo and lesbian daughter, who was one of the victims said, "My Mom is a Family Therapist? Wow, do they not have any requirements to become a Family Therapist?"

Date: May 15, 2019 08:09PM

> As far as the difference between men coming to the
> defense of victims and women coming to their
> defense, I think a lot of men are more interested
> in protecting their egos (jobs, reputations,
> social status) than they are in protecting kids.

I fear that is correct.

------------
> Moms have a maternal instinct that makes them
> fearless in the face of any kind of a threat to
> their kids.

I hope that is correct.

-----------
> Wow,
> do they not have any requirements to become a
> Family Therapist?"

I believe they do. You'll be reassured, I'm sure, to know that the requirements are higher even than those necessary to become clergy. So all the children are safe.

Really. The children are safe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.