Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Richard Starkey ( )
Date: May 13, 2019 06:21PM

Russell M. Nelson = Paul McCartney he's the longest serving member of the band and has a cheeky smile. A hit with the ladies. It's rumored he died back in the sixties and was replaced witb a look alike.

Thomas S. Monson = John Lennon. Wise crackin', has a way with words, and popular with the widows.

Gordon B. Hinckley = George Harrison. An ordinary man and a dark horse always in the background. A mystic who likes to spend money on fancy films and temples in obscure places.

Ezra Taft Benson = Ringo Starr. Often outspoken, his work is divisive. Had a respectable career outside the band.

Howard W. Hunter = Pete Best. He wasn't in the band very long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 14, 2019 07:19PM

I never met John Lennon, but I sure as hell met Tom Monson, and let me tell you he was no John Lennon.

I suspect the only comparison that is valid is the Pete Best joke, Hunter probably played the drums just as well.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: May 14, 2019 09:20PM

Whoever wrote this obviously did so with tongue firmly in cheek. That GBH/Harrison comparison though! Both of them did sink a lot of money into cult buildings.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 14, 2019 10:12PM

Is Wendy Yoko?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 01:02AM

Big upvote!

Posted by: Loggerhead ( )
Date: May 17, 2019 12:04PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 01:11AM

Hmmm, no! Comparing the Beatles to those old geezers is just wrong!

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 11:50AM

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Wrong!

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 02:20AM

to those guys drone on in General Conference. And going to the temple felt like a prelude to some kind of Helter Skelter world.

I used to say to the Mormon leaders, "Don't let me down", but they let me down...over and over.

In Beatles world, I know that LSD stands for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...which stands for LSD.

In Mormon world, I'm wondering if LDS is a reference to Lucy Walker or Lucinda Pendleton Morgan Harris Smith. (Sheesh! Lucinda really got around!) You know as in "Lucy Did Smith" OR "Lucinda Did Smith". Or maybe it's a reference to Lucy Mack Smith...as in, "Lucy Dropped Smith" on his head as a baby. In any case I always hear in my head "Moroni in the sky with the golden plates" playing in my head followed by "the girl with colitis goes by" reminding me of the flatulence that is Mormonism.

Have you ever played their conference talks backwards to see what kind of hidden messages they've put in? Bet there's some doozies! "Paul Dunn is Dead" is a likely one.

Bonus quiz: Which of the General Authorities was the inspiration for this line? "He's a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody".

Date: May 15, 2019 07:23AM

I suppose this makes Joseph Smith Elvis (or is it Jerry Lee Lewis)? They all married very young women.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 11:53AM

While I object to comparing them "TO" the Beatles....I might be interested in a version of "Yellow Submarine" starring the GA's. The Beatles didn't even do their own voices in it so they could change that one up a bit.

Sing it!......We all live in a yellow submarine barge!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 11:53AM

Sacrilege! Imagine. Just Imagine.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 12:56PM

Even today, the Beatles are twenty years younger than than the old geezers.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 04:02PM

Hmmmm...how about LDS Prez's as Spinal Tap?

Or a made up band like the Rutles?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 15, 2019 04:06PM

Triple Bypass.

Date: May 22, 2019 06:40AM

Russell M. Nelson has outlived so many of the others that he has managed to rewrite the history in his image. But then again you could say the same about Hinckley.

Posted by: Exminion ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 07:51AM

Too much of a stretch for me. Everyone knows the Beatles. The Beatles spread happiness.

“All you need is Love.” No comparison.

Maybe in their psychedelic phase...no, the Beatles still made more sense, and had 10,000 times the worshipers.

Date: May 22, 2019 07:53AM

Exminion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe in their psychedelic phase...no, the Beatles
> still made more sense, and had 10,000 times the
> worshipers.

So you're claiming that they're not just bigger than Jesus but also the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 08:53AM

I'm a Christian, and I'm not comparing the Beatles to Jesus.

Also, I would never use Jesus and the COJCOLDS in the same sentence!

Jesus is known throughout the world, as is Buddha, Mohammed, John Wayne (when I was traveling), Santa Claus, Mickey Mouse, Godzilla, The Beatles, etc. (Sorry, the Mormon church isn't in this group.)

The Beatles and the GA's are contemporary. Simply, there are more people on the planet these days, and we have world-wide satellite media, which Jesus did not have, when he was living.

The thread is about comparing the Beatles to the Mormon cult's jet-setting rock-star GA's. Rather, non-comparing.

Leave Jesus out of it!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 22, 2019 09:09AM

They’re like dung beetles. Always pushing around balls of sh*t.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.